You Won't Believe This

Discussion in 'Bill Archer's Guestbook' started by Bill Archer, Apr 1, 2004.

1. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I sure didn't.

From "A Small Victory"

A little April Fool's quiz..

Guess which quote from Democratic Underground is not real:

[All quotes deal with the death of the four dead American contractors whose bodies were dragged through the streets and hung from a bridge in Fallujah]

1) Contractors wear hardhats and carry lunch pails - These guys are mercenaries.

2) Death to ALL mercenaries. The beer is on me.

3) Sad, if I were the wife I would have said hell no you won't go; the wife must have said great pay-check and the hubby, yeah, can buy a Hummer when I get back.

4) These swine were MERCENARIES. Paid Hessians. Murderers for hire.
    They're worse than Al-Queda. At least Al-Queda is fighting for a cause.
    I say "too bad, so sad, bye-bye."

5) They are Mercenaries - They are in it for the money, they are thugs and hoodlums, working outside the boundaries of the law. And yesterday the Resistance got even with 4 of them in a barbecue ceremony, that alas pushed the bounds of good taste.

6) mercenaries - These men are just serial killers with a good retirement plan. They deserve what they get.

Answer below.

Suprise! They are all real. Every single one of those comments above were posted by real people on Democratic Underground.

Think this is an April Fool's deal? Sadly, no:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x456077

2. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    You know, quotes like those above make me think that those favoring eugenics were on the right track.