You were here when you were s%*t- Former Players and Youngsters

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by fernb8, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #1076 Yahtzee, Jan 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    LOL

Did I hit on something sensitive? Hilarious that a post suggesting he's been subpar lately means he's a scapegoat. Go have yourself some lavender tea and a sitdown buddy.

We can't rely on him, just like we can't rely on most of our outfield players at the moment. To suggest anyone would be a "great compliment" to him is funny to me. The optimism and faith in our youth is cute I guess but I'm hardly sold on anyone right now.

There's so much presumptuous BS on this forum. The discourse is garbage when posts get bucketed with some narrative you weren't even aware of (was Mount a scapegoat? news to me).

2. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    There are hot takes all over Twitter calling him shit. Assumed yours was just another hot take.

He has been poor lately, and agree others have been too. I think Mount is the least of our worries. Kepa is a concern. Midfield is a concern. Left back is a concern. Center back is a concern. Kante is a concern. Williams inability to actually score goals is a concern. Health is a concern. Mount, not so much.

Oh and I'm not your buddy, pal.

lobomojo and Rman3349 repped this.
  3. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Thanks for lumping me in with the twitter idiots o_O

Not being able to rely on Mount or Willian is certainly a concern. Basically, it’s all concerning but I’m not going to delude myself into thinking Mount is a certainty for us to rely upon when I certainly feel he struggles to make it into our lineup if Pul and RLC are healthy. Even with having said that, I like having him around and we wouldn’t be where we are in the table without him.

truefan420 repped this.
  4. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I agree on RLC, but the concern there is health. I've been backing this guy for years but if he isn't healthy, not much we can do. Kova and Jorginho, while useful just aren't good going forward and Kante isn't really either, he's gotten better, but for what we need, I'd honestly be okay with moving him this summer.

5. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Kante continues to be mis-utilized at our club. Not sure why Sarri and now Frank are stuck on the idea that he should be this marauding midfielder. His best position was always as the guy makes tackles in midfield, not someone you EXPECT to generate offensive output. But such are Kovacic and Jorginhos deficiencies in that regard that I can now see why Frank is trying it.

Anyways, under no circumstances should we let Kante go. He is head and shoulders above Kov and Jorginho even when played in the wrong position. Losing world class players isn't something I'd like to see us make a habit of.

6. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  7. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Blueallthru repped this.
  8. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Victor Moses to Lukaku to help Inter win 4-2 over Milan.

9. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m not your pal, guy.

Blueallthru repped this.
  10. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  11. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    From the Nikkala free Sun

[​IMG]

12. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I have high hopes for him. Think he'd already be a massive upgrade over Zouma or Christensen.

lobomojo repped this.
  13. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I think next year I'd like to see Rud and AKe with Tomori, and Amp being blooded and tested here, and Guehi a bit ,if not loaned some.. Zouma gets it too rough from fans I think, but he is not suited for how Lamp likes to play and not showing to be consistent enough, and AC I don't think he has any more upside left to show here and it is just not quite good enough for us or the top of the PL. A change of scenery and League might reinvigorate him.

14. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My concerns with Ampadu is the same with AC. He looks great in the center of a back 3 but how does look in a back 4.

15. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The thing for me is, AC has been our best CB for over a month now that he was healthy and Frank was playing him. From a techno Ccx al stand point, he's the best CB we have on the ball.

I've stated my feelings on Rüdiger and would be okay with selling him, but I feel Zouma is the more likely option. It isn't that Zouma is bad, but rather as you said, he doesn't fit the system that Roman wants. I don't think there is any way we have both Ampadu and Guehi in the side next season, plus I think Guehi sided an 18 month loan deal with Swansea. I do however feel Ampadu has to be in the side next season as he is exactly what this side needs. A tough physical defender who's a leader on the pitch. He just so happens to be good with the ball at his feet as well.

16. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Hazard with a hairline fracture on the same leg he did with us. Out for the season.

Tough year for him. Next year he could roar back if he misses Euros and recovery, but he'll be 30 and going on 32 for the WC2022.

17. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Have to say I’m very surprised to hear your thoughts on Rud! Feel that he is by far and away the most solid defender we’ve got. The authority and aggression that comes with his defending is unique to him, not to mention he can play a nice long ball forward at times.

lobomojo repped this.
  18. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Rudi should go? VAR is a-okay? Fine if Kante left us in the summer?

Blue, are you trolling us fella or was your account hacked? :D

Yahtzee and lobomojo repped this.
  19. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    VAR is fine, it works every where else, but the FA is ruining it. The refereeing in England is just awful. No English referee at the 2018 WC and likely won't again in '22. They're the problem, not VAR.

Rudi to me hasn't been our best, at least nk ot since Christmas. That belongs to AC. He's been very solid. Rudi gets out of position too much. He's not bad, but he isn't our best.

My fears with Kante are out there. I'm afraid he's breaking down. Maybe he'll be fine next season after missing all this time this year, but the mileage he's put on was always going to catch up to him.

20. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Feel for him as a player first and foremost but also wonder how much money is potentially not coming our way as a result of escalators not being hit. Base fee was 89m but reported up to 150m could be paid. That is a huge amount of money and could be another A tier player.

Hopefully some of these bonuses are team based such that if they win La Liga and any more Champions Leagues, we will get paid, but no doubt many are individual which hurts us.

Rman3349 and Blueallthru repped this.
  21. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    That is a really good point and one I hadn't considered.

22. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Second that. Anyone know if they released the info on the bonuses? I did a cursory search but didn’t find anything.

23. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Likely will never be released to be honest.

24. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea kind of what I figured was just hoping there’d be something.

25. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It's possible someone like Jake Cohen would have some info and release that at some point.