You Stay Classy Kansas City..........

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by ojsgillt, Jun 10, 2011.

1. TheSmokingPun

TheSmokingPun Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently someone was trying to claim to Misty, who of course made them, that they bought it from the store in the club when attempting to walk out with it. I really hate some of the folks that came in last game.

2. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well to be fair thousands of dollars worth of flags and other shit have been stolen over the years .... this isn't new at all sadly. I don't think people always understand that somebody has made those flags and brought them.

3. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This! I can't tell you the number of times I have had to Chase down people walking out with flags, banners, drums, drum sticks/mallet...it's something that has really pissed me off over the years...especially when they try tlie to you when you catch the....you did not bring that bass drum in with you....dumbass.

4. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    I'm going going to go back and quote all of the profanity stuff. I'll just say that I too see both side of the argument and see get the point that the majority will be put off by it. I just wish they wouldn't be. I'm often annoyed when people want other people to change their views just because they don't agree with them. But hey, what-the-****-ever, right? :)

5. Replicant

Replicant Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had a kid next to me, so I defenitely cut out the language (not my kid, so I'm going to be respectful about it). What I enjoyed was the guy behind me who self-censored himself for the kid and would say ridiculously unoffensive things instead.

Thats far more amusing to me than cursing.

6. ctsinclair

ctsinclair Member

May 6, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Since the FO is giving away so may Members Stand tickets, would it be helpful to make a power point presentation or youtube video..."So you got a free ticket to the Members Stand" Make it fun, welcoming but also make sure they know what their free ticket is getting them. Might ward off a few who would come and have a miserable experience no matter what you did, and help other people understand the culture better...

I am thinking the Cauldron has to be proactive about the influx of new members or else rules shall be imposed by others...

For some creative uses of Powerpoint slides see slideshare.net front page. Not thinking your boring old 'Death by bullet point' type, but one full of pictures and a little humor.

7. Chairman Mau

Chairman Mau Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Birdland
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    This thread has gone on too long. Next game plz.

[​IMG]

8. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    C'mon man, you have to learn to tuck your jersey into your shorts.

9. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    I don't know. Some good discussion and ideas have come from it. What else are we going to do for 8 days between games?

10. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Personally ... I think I could look at the dancing gumbi for another 3-4 ...

11. Lebowski

Lebowski BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 23, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I took my non-soccer-fan father-in-law to the Chicago game. He gave me his poster yesterday, so I have an extra if anyone wants it. Free, of course. I can meet in lot F or wherever before the San Jose game. Just reply to this post.

Also, I see that there is one on eBay. The person took a pic from their seat. Looks like it was from the South Stand. No one has bid on it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sporting-Kansas-City-Soccer-Inagural-Poster-/190543529125?pt=US_Soccer_Fan_Shop&hash=item2c5d4784a5#ht_499wt_1159

12. PezJunkie

PezJunkie Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Independence, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since it bothers you so much, I will happily help you torpedo the thread...

Dude, do you ever post anything constructive, or is it all just daily reminders about how cool you are?

13. BenDover

BenDover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since this thread is about staying classy..... unfortunately, it didn't happen tonight at the USA game for some poor people from Minnesota. Some drunk asshole wearing a Celtic jersey and a beard had words with a Mom and her young daughter about what was happening in the game. The guy shouts some really bad expletives at her dumps beer all over the woman and then steals her purse and runs up the stairs. The woman shouts at the guy and gives chase .... All the while, our security guys are about 20 feet away and don't do a thing. Poor woman from Minnesota and her daughter had the game completely ruined because of one dumb drunk piece of garbage. :mad:

14. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How come this kind of crap never happens around me....darn the luck!

15. Chairman Mau

Chairman Mau Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Birdland
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. jaggdd

jaggdd Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I love the "Happy Holidays" graphic that's splashed on the final score of this video. If irony were strawberries, we'd all be drinking fruit smoothies after watching that (to quote South Park).

Yeah...let's not be these guys. What a disgrace to humanity...

And this is probably touched on in the countless posts on this thread, but I watched the TIVOd game at home, and it looked like the cameras panned away from it. I couldn't tell that much of anything was being thrown, you just heard the boos. Our idiot fans got lucky in that respect. Let's hope they don't press their luck again, less we look like a bunch of subhumans to a national audience.

17. Storymassa

Storymassa Member

Sep 29, 2010
    The Beige Jungle
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Well, the security guys ARE a complete joke. Case in point: my gentleman friend was kicked out for pulling a streamer off his shoulder that came from up and above us in the members stand. When we vehemently denied the accusation, he was told by security, "I don't care."

18. Jarnevic

Jarnevic BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 21, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone who gets paid $9 an hour to monitor other people is ultimately just a bad idea.

19. Sportindigo

Sportindigo New Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I actually saw the bearded Celtic fan on the concourse before the game.

20. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The purse snatcher?

I'd love to hear that charges were pressed against him.

21. HailtotheKing

HailtotheKing Member+

San Antonio FC
    United States
    Dec 1, 2008
    TEXAS
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look on the bright side guys ... you aren't Vancouver *zing*

22. BenDover

BenDover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am really not sure that Security ever caught up with him. My wife and I stayed and talked with the woman from Minnesota. She got her purse back because she ran after him and grabbed it back from him. But the damage had already been done. She was distraught and doused with beer, her 12 year old daughter was in tears, and the jerk was no where to be found (or security was no where to be found for that matter). :cool:

23. Chairman Mau

Chairman Mau Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Birdland
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa

I get paid about $11.75/hr to do that, is that okay?

Except mine aren't adults, and there would probably be somebody dead or raped if they went unmonitored.

Oh, and to follow up on other things, I think we're getting our scarf back that was snatched off the display wall in the member's lobby area thing...

24. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Black Celtic Shirt, heavy set guy, short cropped beard?

25. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Back to the original point of the thread, I think that we saw tonight that the people throwing bottles and causing problems are not the people who will be at all of the games. I hope this continues.