You Stay Classy Kansas City..........

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by ojsgillt, Jun 10, 2011.

1. kareemcheese

kareemcheese Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Olathe, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's like the "concession decision makers" don't realize the game time is only 120 minutes long at most - and you aren't going to get up for two 45 minute chunks of it. The fans can wait it out.

2. TheSmokingPun

TheSmokingPun Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Front row of M9, when I saw the first two or so bottles be thrown, I turned around and was asking all of them as loud as I could be to calm down, that we never do this, not acceptable behavior. Right about then is when the flagpole came whizzing by, I was screaming for them to stop at this point. Never did spot who exactly threw it but it came from a group of guys in button up shirts and polos, not exactly Cauldronites.

3. musean

musean Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Kansas City
    Broad generalizations of who was throwing things based on dress does not good. The fact is that everyone there is a Cauldronite we want them all.

That being said, it is up to us as it has always been to self police. Security is trying to let us have our space without interfering. If you see someone do something stupid tell them to stop. If they persist grab security and have them remove them. We have dealt with this before with tennis balls and streamers. We will deal with it again.

4. Storymassa

Storymassa Member

Sep 29, 2010
    The Beige Jungle
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I believe from here on out, all the core Cauldronites will be much more vigilant in self-policing after these shenanigans. I know it's more fun and exciting to be as far up front as we can possibly cram, but perhaps we should spread out a bit more. Not only to keep an eye out, but to spread the good word about the Cauldron and to keep the cheers consistent throughout the section.

5. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    LOL. Because we would have shut up in Chicago. :rolleyes: Naive.

6. Lebowski

Lebowski BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 23, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Maybe I missed it, but it didn't look to me that LSP had outsourced security to professionals. I bet CSC gets hired. Cowman would have been taken down in a lot less time. Not sure what could have done about the bottle throwing, since it appeared spontaneous from a distance.

7. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'm curious where your seats were. i don't remember any vulgarity where i was in the east stand.

as far as overpriced concessions (and this is just generally speaking, not directly replying to you, kareemcheese), my view is that anyone who pays for stuff inside the stadium is a sucker, especially when tailgating is so easy. i know my view is more extreme than most, and that's why they can get away it. $7.75 for a bottle of beer is laughable at best, and robbery at worst. you can choose to get two of those in the stadium or pay the same amount at the store and get a 30-pack that'll last you through numerous tailgates.

8. Lebowski

Jan 23, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    To jump in here, no vulgarity in 102. Couldn't hear any from the Members Stand, either. I will bring my kids to upcoming games.

9. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since when was having tact naive?

No, I dont think we would have done that in Chicago had we been there for the opening of Toyota Park. If we had, I would have been ashamed.

I didnt hear it but apparently it was brought up on the radio today and people were appalled. I had several people at work today ask me if they really did that.

Them doing that was no different than cheering during the national anthem.

10. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I like that you have relegated them to the level of flag burning, anthem booing scum bags because they dared to sing while Heineman was talking. Rhetoric much?

OH blah blah you didn't even hear it and your outraged. You clearly haven't travelled much or been around many different fans or your appreciate this is just part of the game. They didn't do a thing wrong, and frankly talking to a few of them after they were simply jazzed about LSP.

Was your second hand outrage spawned by soccer fans or samplers?

11. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No vulgarity in F1....except that which originated from the idiot in my seat....but that was only after the no-call foul on Bravo. And even then, was was fairly tame since there were small kids all around me.

12. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I had a real douche bag behind me yelling shit at the Chicago goalkeeper all game -- I don't mind a bit of heckling but when every other word sentence is about seaman drinking and the like it gets a bit much. People seemed to find him funny. "Johnson your a ********ing **********" x 500 ....

I dropped a whole slew of profanity when Bravo was fouled in the box ... I don't mind strong language within the context of the game, and I am nasty when drunk which is somewhat rare, but seeing as "Mighty ********ing Wizards" seems to be the norm I am starting to get used to the idea that I won't be in Cauldron much if that keeps up next season as I'll be bringing my daughter.

I'd like her to grow to love the game without explaining some of the language and songs to her in a few short years or heaven forbid have her sing some of them. If a non-MC section ticket would get me in I'd join in when she wasn't there but it doesn't work that way anymore.

Hoping we can focus more on supporting our boys than attacking the opposition ...

13. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually if you're interested in that, I'd suggest where I watched the first half in the sideline section. No wear near the level of venom, but still everything that goes with the Cauldron. I'd suggest trying it out for just a half.

14. Lebowski

Jan 23, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Saw you down there in F1. I was about 10 rows behind you with the unwashed in 102. You won the ticket for that game, right? Did you post a review of it anywhere? Would like to hear your thoughts on the experience.

15. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had to deal with their shit after the game too. I had to deal with a few of them trying to beat up one of our young travelers in March. I had to deal with them a few years ago in the Arrowhead parking lot. I have never once had a positive encounter with a fan of Chicago. So, yeah I do not think much of their fan base. I do not seem to be the only one with this opinion in KC or elsewhere.

I love how you can be up in arms about things you do not like but if someone has an issue with something you dont, they are naive or do not know what they are talking about.

Tact and respect have no bounds. I find it sad you dont seem to know this. That tells me a lot about your character.

Both. We are surrounded by STHs in our section and it was nothing but disgust during the whole ordeal. It seemed like everyone single head in our section was turned to the Chicago fans during the introduction.

16. KCRovert

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, I won them for the Joplin Donations at eh USOC match out at the BVDAC. I haven't written up anything, but that's certainly a good idea. I'll see what I can come up with an toss it over to Mike or James or Thad, see if any of them want to post it as a "guest contributor".

17. musean

musean Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Kansas City
    They do its NPB same folks that were at CAB and Comets. Good people for the most part.

18. KCRovert

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some of the same security guys that we had at CAB. I chatted with a couple different guys at different times during the game that worked the Cauldron at CAB.

19. Chairman Mau

Chairman Mau Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Birdland
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa

aside from the concession prices point, you and i are just going to have to disagree on that.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/29345/arrowhead-stadium-makes-visitors-quiver

i only like streamers in the net, and in the second half when their keeper's on our end.

p.s. if anybody found a yardbirds scarf we're missing 2 of them. mine (somehow lost it between the stadium and the parking lot after the match), and the one that was hanging in the members stand lobby (thievery!).

20. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    There was a lot of this going on it seems, people would pop their STH scarves on their seat and turn around later to find it not there. :( Watcha gonna do man, something low about that. Say what you will about Arrowhead, between the flying bottles, petty theft and the poster grab scramble I think we trumped them.

21. JimK

JimK Member

Mar 9, 2008
    WaldoKC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Sorry man - we may have inadvertently "blessed" you with the clown you described. I think he was in front of us in the warm-ups doing the same crap over and over and over. When he went for more beer, he asked us to "save" his spot - we didn't oblige . . . Sorry.

I am of the same mind-set. Heckling should be reserved for particularly odorous opponents and then done only in moderation and with a bit of creativity.

22. Lebowski

Jan 23, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    From today's Star:
    "Ficklin said that the club was pondering a switch to plastic cups - some fans threw bottles onto the field during the game"

I could see this happening for all beer sales, regardless of location. Doesn't work with soda, though. I think it is a reasonable first step.

23. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    The Yardbirds scarf in the lobby was the one I bought, and then hung there. Mine are all there in a row on the left side.

24. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Yeah, I was disappointed in Foxborough when I first heard that "Mighty Mighty U.S." had become "Mighty ********ing U.S.".

Really?

I'm fine with cursing, but there's a difference between emotional outburst, shock value and just plain crassness.

As supporters, the question is - do you want to involve the rest of the stadium in creating a great atmosphere, or do you want to preserve your little "cool" fiefdom.

25. Jarnevic

Jarnevic BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 21, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the current popularity of somehow combining an F-bomb with the United States can probably solely be blamed on "Team America: World Police."