You sounded great - thanks!

Discussion in 'Sons of Ben' started by DoctorD, Jul 10, 2010.

1. yahmpy

yahmpy New Member

Feb 22, 2008
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    maybe he doesn't know the words to Doop.

2. yahmpy

yahmpy New Member

Feb 22, 2008
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Should be a whole different group again for Wednesday. Dudes next to me aren't going to be there.

They should call our row Ellis Island. Totally different faces every week. :D

3. bhastie8269

bhastie8269 Member

May 12, 2009
    King of Prussia, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Took this from the Quakes forum, Thought it was cool to hear an away supporter's perspective.

4. VandalRedSkin

VandalRedSkin New Member

May 11, 2010
    Philly
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    we'll devise a way soon, hopefully enough chanting, and jeering directed at them will get them to leave, or join in the chants. glad you enjoyed it, and good luck getting tickets for next season!

5. ventur514

ventur514 Member

Feb 23, 2008
    Maryland
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks guys, my voice sounds like I smoked 4-5 packs yesterday. Everyone that I could see in 138, 139 and 140 were great; give it time, we're getting there.

6. yahmpy

yahmpy New Member

Feb 22, 2008
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL, my voicebox feels like someone stepped on it with a boot heel.

7. ChefJim27

ChefJim27 Member

Feb 9, 2008
    It is as an old friend once told me, "If you wake up the day after a Home match, and can still talk in the morning, you weren't supporting."

My personal favorite was trying to sing at church the morning after the DC United match. After 20 seconds, I simply gave up...

8. SOB - Fleetwood

SOB - Fleetwood New Member

Jul 25, 2009
    PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Totally agree! Whats up with this! 1/2 is about right! I do think that the effort we got was in line with section 137 for almost the entire game! Nice job! 139! Next we put pressure on everyone to sing!

Does honey really work for the voice box!

PS - At one point guy behind me commented that the flag was in his face so we passed it back a row and he then took control of the flag the entire game! :)

9. VandalRedSkin

VandalRedSkin New Member

May 11, 2010
    Philly
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    maybe if we put the boot in? :D

10. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Would echo this from 105. Quite a mix in the seats around me - middle-aged ladies in full makeup, families with charming kids that yell Phil-a-del-phia when no-one else is, and a guy with a really loud shout to my left. All seem game to join in, even if it's just the simple chants. Wife and I had to give the words to 'C'mon the U' a couple of times. This game was another step up and the chants are spreading, slowly.

11. SmashtheVan

SmashtheVan Member+

Jan 13, 2009
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i like this. pro-active and gets the people who aren't used to a SS into the mix.

Also, as for 1/2 of 139 not singing or chanting, im gonna do my best to grap the spot at the bottom of the steps like i did for the last 10 or so minutes against SJ and try and lead the way, starting Wednesday

12. VandalRedSkin

VandalRedSkin New Member

May 11, 2010
    Philly
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    that'd be good. we've been trying to direct from the top to no avail. maybe having you on the bottom, and us few loud mouths up top in 139 will break the monotony and get people chanting. I personally can't want to be down the bottom as I have anxiety issues with people being behind me due to an incident with a brick and the back of my head during a fight in my teenage years.

13. McRob

McRob Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was a point towards the end of the game when SJ was completely on their heels and the crowd really got into it, the non-SS crowd. People were standing, cheering, making noise... like a big third down in football or a late full count in baseball. At that point, I would have loved for the River End to temporarily abandon the chants and just go for the wall of sound, just yell for all we're worth. I think it would be a very Philadelphian, or even American twist to the soccer atmosphere.

I know it might be hard to pick up on the vibe from the rest of the stadium during play, but it would definitely work for a late corner. 2,000 supporters chanting ZOOOOO-LOOOOOO is great. But imagine 18,000 screaming fans making the place vibrate. Nobody has to learn any words to do that.

Just a thought I've had a few times.

14. thomas19064

thomas19064 Member+

Apr 29, 2008
    Delco
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ya know, I was thinking the same thing at that point in the game..... when everyone else in the stadium is just screaming maybe it wouldn't hurt to follow suit.

15. CopaMundial

CopaMundial Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reposting my suggestion along these lines from the Songs/Chant idea thread:

16. sccaflagger74

sccaflagger74 Member

Apr 24, 2005
    Media, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like this idea.

17. sully127

sully127 Member

Apr 3, 2010
    138, C
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. weeszel

weeszel Member

Feb 3, 2010
    sec 139
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    zo lo zo lo

19. weeszel

weeszel Member

Feb 3, 2010
    sec 139
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    instead of the zolo chants and the tomahawk chop during corner kicks if everyone starting clapping fast clapping it could be deafening in the river end and spread through ppl park

20. Io sono Unionista

Jun 24, 2010
    WE ARE 138, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    For corners, how about:

To the tune of the build up to Tommy Walker's "Charge"

(Start slow and build up)
    Let's go Zolo, Let's go Zolo, Let's go Zolo...(repeat, get louder and faster until he's about to kick) CHARGE!!!

I couldn't think of something other than "charge."

21. tehgraarg

tehgraarg Member

Feb 9, 2006
    West Berlin, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    shazam?

22. CopaMundial

CopaMundial Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    UUUuuuuuu?

23. MrUnionFan

MrUnionFan New Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Washington Twp
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey SOB's!! Just wanted to let everyone know that the River End has been AWESOME the last 2 games. You're awesome all the time, but the last two games have been really loud. My family & I are SOB's stuck in section # 113. We purchased the seats prior to our first SOB experience at Red Bull Arena. We sat with the SOB's & my family has been hooked ever since. It kills us to sit where we are, but we're kind of stuck until next season. In the mean time we're trying to do our part in section # 113. Unfortunately, it's a little lame & frustarting to say the least. We try to get the crowd involved; however, most of them don't have a clue about the SOB's & the songs/chants. They'll join in during the Philadelphia chant & they'll clap when we Doop, but its flatline beyond that. Maybe those of us in the remote areas can hand out flyers with the words to the songs & chants. People may get more involved when they know whats going on. The more noise we make the more intimidating the park becomes, plus we may get more people hooked. I never thought my wife & daughters would get hooked the way they did after that game with the SOB's!!! I am a happy man now that they are hooked!!!

By the way, I love the new ZOLO chant idea. Our sections (112, 113, 114) get more upbeat on corner kicks. I think starting off slow & then speeding up is a great idea!!

Thanks again & keep great work!!!!

24. FC Matt 90

FC Matt 90 New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Love this episode :D

25. FC Matt 90

FC Matt 90 New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. Sometimes the simplest thing is the best, and there's nothing wrong with following the rest of the stadium's lead in a situation like that. I know I was just yelling and shouting during those tense moments at the end of the SJ match