You might be a soccer fan if...

Discussion in 'MLS: Rumors' started by Kot Matroskin, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Kot Matroskin

Kot Matroskin Member+

Aug 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    You pronounce your favorite band's name as "Ray-al" Big Fish.

:D

Anybody else? Let's see whatcha got.

2. Throbbin Wood

Throbbin Wood New Member

Jul 26, 2009
    MN, from Manchester!
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You know you're an MLS fan if you dream about taking Jim Rome into the woods and giving him the Deliverance treatment.

3. KaptPowers

KaptPowers Member

Dec 29, 2003
    Arlington, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw Reel Big Fish with the English Beat last month in Providence, and the guitarist was wearing a Chelsea jersey.

You know you're a soccer fan if when something uncalled for happens to you, you yell "yellow card!"

4. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you are dazed and confused:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSGVlPca8Og"]YouTube - Carolina Railhawks vs Tecos[/ame]

5. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    you get banned from online forums for saying fat people cant play professional soccer.

you get red cards for saying that most black americans or rednecks dont like soccer.

6. TheUltra

TheUltra Member

Mar 23, 2008
    2.4 Miles from home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You refuse to go to a bar because they've a DCU jersey hanging over their bar...IN OHIO!

Or you constantly eat at the Mexican place by your house because they've crew gear everywhere...and their food is pretty good. :D

7. KaptPowers

KaptPowers Member

Dec 29, 2003
    Arlington, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're up at 3 AM on a night where you're supposed to be at work at 7 watching Syndey FC vs Adelaide United on FSC because you're curious what the A-League is like.

You stopped shopping at a store/buying a company's products because they are the shirt sponsors of an opposing team. Best Buy, I'm looking at you. Boylesports, if I lived in the UK I'd be looking at you.

That's just wrong. In 2006 the local Red Bull distributor put up an RBNY flag at the Phoenix Landing pub in Cambridge where a lot of us watch matches...its life was short.

8. El Topo

El Topo New Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    and yet they still play soccer better than the others, bar the mexicans. strange. maybe cos they're not sitting on their ass watching soccer.

9. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    haha and that is a myth!

the few blacks americans (that are not first generation of africans) and the few rednecks (that are not first generation of europeans) are not better than the "mexicans."

in fact, i think there is like 30 million people with mexican blood in the US and to be honest when we think of "latinos missing out" in odp or national pools, then we are talking south-americans, central americans and a few mexicans left out of the college system, bc the big majority of "latinos" are mexicans, im not sure what is the percentage of non mexicans "latinos" but we are not that much, and cubas and puerto ricans do not play soccer, so you cant count those "latinos."

most mexican americans (children of mexicans borned in the states) only watch soccer, they like baseball, basketball or american football better, that is not the case with central americans or south americans children in the US.

10. kylesoccer

kylesoccer New Member

Mar 24, 2004
    boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That you have named your son after Kasey Keller and if you get a daughter if will be after Mia Hamm. Two days before your son was born you got to meet Keller, take pictures, watch him practice and play. Then you watched the next Gold Cup Mexico game with a US scarf and flag drapped over your sons crib(also in the hospital as well) Also that you have used the f word in front of your 2 year old during the Mexico game and then taught him you were saying fault, funk or any other word you could think of

11. ianai

ianai Member

Aug 18, 2007
    Hampton, VA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if you tend to think.

12. Fiorentina lives!

May 5, 2004
    ... all of this apply:

-your car's color is the team color
    -your house's color is the team color
    -your curtains have the team color
    -all your towels are in the team color
    -your rooms are not in team colors but just because they are all covered in team scarves which do have the team color anyway
    -your comforter has the team color and shield
    -all your coffee cups are team licensed... and have the team color
    -your cell phone's color is the team color
    -your wardrobe only consists of all team jerseys (home, away, third, special for X competition, special for Saturday games at 7 pm, special for games played under full moon...) from the last ten years, each model repeated twice... oh, and we are including all GOALIE jerseys too.

13. ianai

ianai Member

Aug 18, 2007
    Hampton, VA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, I think that means you might be in need of long sit-down with the shrink.

14. Throbbin Wood

Throbbin Wood New Member

Jul 26, 2009
    MN, from Manchester!
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Nah, that's average. Just wait until he dyes his pubes in team colours, then we're talking. :D

15. Garby80

Garby80 New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Copenhagen
    Club:
    FC København
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    - You leave a few hours from your best friends wedding* 'cos the team is playing.
    - You name your kid after one of your teams players.
    - "You don't now if life is bad, because your team is bad or if it's the other way round".

Could be birthdays, bar mitzvahs or funerals as well.

16. babieca

babieca Member

Jul 12, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was a Sunday memorial service for my great uncle last year and at the reception afterward everyone kept quietly slipping out of the room to check the score on the Redskins game. My mom thought it was undignified until I reminded her that it was a fitting tribute since it is exactly what he would have done if he had been there. She had to concede the point.

17. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    your facebook picture is kaka with a real madrid shirt.

you have about 5 soccer jerseys in your closet of different teams to wear only in special occasions.

18. TheUltra

TheUltra Member

Mar 23, 2008
    2.4 Miles from home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually I think this means you're a glory hunter ;)

19. ChefJim27

ChefJim27 Member

Feb 9, 2008
    you haven't had a Red Bull and Vodka since 2006. You're afraid the vodka you're drinking would somehow be "spoiled."

20. USArsnl

USArsnl New Member

Aug 4, 2006
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You instantly recognize where that quote is from.

21. Garby80

Garby80 New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Copenhagen
    Club:
    FC København
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think it help if you're a Gooner...

22. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    you laugh at epl fans bc the best players in the world want to play for madrid :D

23. PCFC

PCFC Member

May 13, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Newry City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...you look at the Red Bull energy drink negatively without medical concerns.

24. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    you usually think you are better than other sports fans and other athletes and you do look better and know more about the world ;)

you have friends from all over the world bc you've played soccer with them, and you know the difference between an argentino and a uruguayo, argentines are usually more stylish with the ball ;)

25. BeMassiveSoccer

Jul 27, 2007
    Relegation Zone
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    How you know if you're NOT a soccer fan...
    you are watching soccer and someone is called offsides and you say "that's a 10 yard penalty"
    (one of my friends said this)