You know you might be a FSW addict if...

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by wjarrettc, Dec 1, 2004.

1. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ... you watch FSWR just to see the ticker and find out what game they didn't bother to get the score for even though it ended hours ago.

2. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

And likewise, you watch FSC just to see how old some of those scores are.

Hint -- If it's over 24 hours old, toss it. If the game is on delay, don't even hint about it in the ticker.

3. JTorres

JTorres New Member

Mar 2, 2000
    The Globe-Chicago
    I have no clue but I can recognize Finola Hughes now.

4. TheMutts

TheMutts New Member

May 19, 2002
    Pittsburgh
    the F..S..C chant

rings around in your head all day

5. ghazi

ghazi Member

Feb 27, 2004
    Chicago
    lmao - i think its safe to say i have placed that hot grandmother in several positions in my head.

6. ghazi

ghazi Member

Feb 27, 2004
    Chicago
    . . .when you're a non-soccer sport with your buddies and you suddenly yell out, "Come on LADS!" or "What's the GAFFER thinking?" :D

7. ghazi

ghazi Member

Feb 27, 2004
    Chicago
    You are a TRUE FSC addict if you notice that in the Garden State Insurance commercial, Mickey Rooney is not really using any water or holding any dishes when he's "doing the dishes" in the background. Check it out.

8. gibby

gibby New Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ohio, USA.
    As to the being at a non-soccer sporting event thing, I can relate to that. My cousin and I were at a high school tournament basketball game earlier this year watching our younger cousin play ( point guard ), and whenever he'd make a nice pass, I'd yell, "great ball!"

And my cousin would look at me like I was from another planet.

9. TheMutts

TheMutts New Member

May 19, 2002
    Pittsburgh
    You know that Ivan Campo has a starting spot on Michelle Lissels fantasy team

10. T308

T308 Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Southern California
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    And even worse if you know she's tied for 461st overall!

11. your friends look at you funny when you are watching an NFL match and you suggest ordering pizza "at the interval."

due to FSC's programming decisions, you've convinced yourself that the Romania/Andorra match could possibly affect the USA's chance at a seed in Germany if Romania destroys Andorra, then gets hot enough to catch the Netherlands

you are considering a sick day to watch the Romania/Andorra match and the Russia/Latvia match as a tuneup for watching USA/T&T and Mexico/CRC

12. JTorres

JTorres New Member

Mar 2, 2000
    The Globe-Chicago
    When you know that the Faroe Islands play Cyprus and Benin plays Sudan Wednesday but you have no clue who your local NFL team plays on opening day.

13. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ahem, sorry. This admission of guilt disqualifies you from being an FSW addict. (BTW, what's FSW anymore?) Your membership card has been revoked and any remaining dues have been confiscated.

14. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    ....when you see a slew of soccer related commericials and think. "Wow, soccer commericals on Comedy Central"? Only to realize you still haven't changed the channel.

15. ahem, I said when YOU are watching an NFL match. (note there, I said match, not game). I haven't watched one in a while!

. . . when you go to lengths to prove your apathy toward other sports

. . . when you feel you've compromised by going in late after catching the Latvia/Russia match, but still feel slightly guilty about TiVoing the Romania/Andorra match instead of watching it live like you should.

. . . when part of the reason for watching the Latvia/Russia match was so that you could clear it from TiVo to make room for the Chelsea/Wigan match, USA/T&T and Mexico/CRC plus a few soccer commentary shows today.

16. . . . you've ever responded to the question, "so when is L.A. going to get a pro football team?" with, "we already have two. Galaxy and Chivas USA."

17. . . . the objectively exciting baseball game you catch on ESPN while eating lunch at a pizzeria with your family, which ends 6-5, isn't nearly as exciting to you as the 15-second trailer for tonight's USA/T&T match.

. . . you wonder why you didn't have the stones to ask the restaurant manager to turn off the baseball game and put on Romania/Andorra

. . . you justify this to yourself on the grounds that you went to work and TiVo'd Romania/Andorra and want to watch it in full

. . . you've used the word "Andorra" in a sentence 10 times this week and don't feel ashamed