You know you might be a FSW addict if...

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by wjarrettc, Dec 1, 2004.

1. wjarrettc

wjarrettc Member
    Staff Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Cliffs of Insanity
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's sad, but I must confess that I've often done this.

2. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That 50 year old granmda is hot. No way she is 50. No way.

....Your 6 year old says things like "That was brilliant shot"....or "This is from a really dangerous spot"...or "Uh oh. Corner Kick. This is going to be dangerous"....or "The keeper had no chance at that" or "stupid referee"...or he is sitting at the breakfast table yelling "Black-Burn Ro-vers. Bang....bang...bangbangbang" and banging on the table.

My son has no idea what Preist Holmes looks like or who Shaq is - but he can pick out Frank Lampard and Damien Duff and Kasey Keller in a split second

....or your 3 year old scores a goal whle playing mini air hockey and yells "Gooalll. Twelmannn!!"

If both my sons don't make the US national team - I am going to be bummed.

3. mcpish

mcpish New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    Except for the fact that as Canadians we didn't have to shell out $20/match during the Euro 2004 like the suckers in the USA, instead getting all matches live on basic cable service, TSN :p

same goes for last years Rugby World Cup!

4. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--

Whopeeee Rugby. No thanks.

I went to college in the Buffalo area, I know how good it is to be a Canadian couch potato. Hockey Night in Canada, Don Cherry, Curling, coverage of ALL Olympic sports ( I was in Calgary/Vancouver for 1996 Olympics - Great coverage, except for Donovan Bailey - enough already), Molson wakeup calls for Nagano Olympic hockey games. All good.

Live Euro games is a problem, especially with a World Cup game coming up. Those are on during the day when I am working, these 12:00 and 2:00 pm games are a problem getting out of work. Oh well, I post on this board, I will figure out a way

5. writered21

writered21 Member+

Jul 14, 2001
    Middle of the Road
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ... If you come up to a busy intersection and say, "Oh, danger here."

... If you have ever used the term, "Maximum Soccer."

... If you are not married, yet the phrase, "DebtFree saved my life, and my marriage," pops into your head.

... If you say, "Thanks" to the TV, when Max Bretos welcomes you to our planet.

... If you step on the scale, find that you have gained 3 pounds and your first thought is, "Diet failure is not my fault."

... If you feel the quality of FSW Report immediately goes down hill if you turn it on and Michelle Lissel isn't one of the anchors.

(Quick aside - they said last night she was producing the show instead of anchoring! Good for her, but I hope that doesn't become a trend).

(Quick aside II - during the opening last night, JSL said they would have "Maximum Soccer" coming soon and Mitch Peacock let out an unenthusiastic, and hilarious, "Oh .. Boy.")

... If you live in the States and you let out a mean cackle when FSW Report promos an upcoming TV game and it's for "American viewers only."

... If you saw the commerical where Alan Hopkins, Max Bretos, Christian Miles and Nick Webster danced. And you weren't frightened.

6. writered21

writered21 Member+

Jul 14, 2001
    Middle of the Road
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, and if you use "JSL" in a post .... that's another sign.

7. servotron

servotron New Member

Mar 4, 2004
    St Paul, MN
    That's a "Fox Sports World FORUM" addiction sign there.

something I find myself doing...

....saying "you damn right!" whenever the announcer says "you're watching FOX SPORTS WORLD".

8. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York

:D

9. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York

Comedy gold.

And I actually was frightened by the Hopkins dancing. I don't know how anyone couldn't be.

10. worldfootballgenius

New York Red Bulls
    United States
    Jul 9, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...You didn't buy a big satellite to compenstae for something...

11. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    ... if... because... ummm what was the question? i'm sorry, i'm distracted because the replay of newell's old boys v banfield is on

:D

12. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    ...one word "GANBARE!"

You matter-of-factly know that this is weekly Japanese highlights.

13. 442

442 Member

Dec 28, 2000
    Secret ArseAm HQ
    ...you were really geeked to score "exclusive" interviews with JSL, Bobby and Michelle for your website, www.arsenalamerica.com.

14. Lithium858

Lithium858 Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Baton Rouge
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hahaha, that is classic!

15. BillQ

BillQ New Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago, IL
    You can still recite the scripts for the D-Snore and Enter-X commercials, even though they have been banned from sale in the US for more than a couple of years.

16. servotron

servotron New Member

Mar 4, 2004
    St Paul, MN
    LOL!!! I gotta say, this thread has been comedy gold from the first post!

17. therealronaldo7

therealronaldo7 New Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    I concur Servotron. I was reading these posts to my girlfriend last night. I think we ought to start a thread similar where we replace Fox Sports World with Big Soccer.
    Servotron, hands down you have the best avatar on the BigSoccer.

18. servotron

servotron New Member

Mar 4, 2004
    St Paul, MN
    That might be another sign you're addicted to FSW :D

Feel free to use the avatar, it's a campaign after all!

19. wjarrettc

wjarrettc Member
    Staff Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Cliffs of Insanity
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...you named your son Max, but weren't really sure why you chose that name...

...you say to your three year old (rememberhim from the first post)..."Max, what does Christiano Ronaldo do?" ... and he proceeds to high-step in place before falling over in the floor.

20. taylor

taylor Member+

Jun 9, 2000
    Fav team: FC CARL ZEISS JENA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    really? damn, I am waking up earlier now.

And that 50 year old give a new meaning to GILF.

Finally you know you watch to much when you think, If I pull the trigger on Osama, do I get the 25 million dollars or do I get a medal?

I am alone on that one?

21. Nicodemus145

Nicodemus145 Member

Jul 10, 2003
    AL
    Top Shelf guys! the first thread here in which I've read every post! Sublime!

(ps - and for me:

...phrases like "top shelf," "top form" and "spot on" become a reflex.

...while watching a Steelers game you realize, "these commentators SUCK!"

...you wish FSW's commercials were like Sportscenter's.

...if you're looking for detergent at the supermarket and ask for "eye-yax.")

22. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    ...You want to get the complete extended version to the guitar riff that's played at the start of all EPL games. To you this is BETTER than the Monday Night Football intro theme (not talking about the drunk's reworked version of "All My Rowdy Friends").

23. therealronaldo7

therealronaldo7 New Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    This one is great!

24. T Nitty

T Nitty New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    MD
    That is awesome! I need to get a kid and teach them tricks like that. Christiano is the only reason I can't really cheer for ManU. (don't know if I support the name Max, though)

Here's mine...

You're addicted if...

--you're single, but you have to get to bed early on Friday nights so that you can wake up for the 7:30 EPL match.

--your fingers instinctively punch in 267 on the remote when you turn on the tv.

--That Football Friday intro is stuck in your head. " 'Ello! 'Ello! Fox Football Friday!"

--you're somewhat OK watching a football show that resembles Wayne's World.

--you want to see the alternate endings to the Army spot (do they ever get to eat?).

25. wjarrettc

wjarrettc Member
    Staff Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Cliffs of Insanity
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    -- you've configured your cable box to automatically power on to Fox Sports World eliminating those three unnecessary keystrokes