You know you might be a FSW addict if...

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by wjarrettc, Dec 1, 2004.

1. wjarrettc

wjarrettc Member
    Staff Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Cliffs of Insanity
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know you might be a FSW addict if...

When you turn on the TV (which inevitably comes on to a soccer game in progress), your 3 year old son shouts, in his best announcer's voice...

YOU'RE WATCHING...FOX...SPORTS...WORLD!

Kids say the darndest things :)

2. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Be careful, you dont want him to grow up sounding like Nick Webster.

3. scorpio81

scorpio81 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    skysports fanzone

best show on tv...

4. therealronaldo7

therealronaldo7 New Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    .......you have every move and every word memorized of the US Special Forces commercial that is run at least 322 times a day on the channel.

5. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My son does the same thing.

You know you might be a FSW addict if...your kid comes downstairs for breakast and before he does anything puts on a DVR of the EPL Review Show.

6. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    ...you inexplicably start combing your hair like Max Bretos

...you realize that the 50 year-old grandma and the (former) fat teacher who doesn't want to eat sandwiches like Jarrod in the Bowflex commercials actually live in the same house with the same pool.

...you start laughing your a$$ off when Conor, who is "nationally ranked," pops on the screen.

7. therealronaldo7

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    This one is funny. I am in the same boat.

8. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    You start blaming the fact that you are fat on stress and your level of cortizone.

9. servotron

servotron New Member

Mar 4, 2004
    St Paul, MN
    ....when you know EXACTLY how long to fast forward the tivo to get from halftime break to highlights

10. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ... when you set your alarm to wake up at 4:30 in the morning for Girls Gone Wild informercials.

What? :D

11. dncm

dncm Member+

Apr 22, 2003
    Boston
    This is classic - everytime I see that I say "ranked in what????......height, or spelling, or basketweaving?????

Are we to assume he is a national ranked juggler??

Agree on the special forces commercial too. All the time...

12. writered21

writered21 Member+

Jul 14, 2001
    Middle of the Road
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ... When you know every day that you wake up is going to be the most EPIC day yet.

... And when you know every day what color shirt/sweater Michelle Lissel wore the night before.

Hell, you're an addict if you know who the hell Michelle Lissel is.

13. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that wonders just what exactly it means to be "nationally ranked."

14. writered21

writered21 Member+

Jul 14, 2001
    Middle of the Road
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's no wonder Conor is nationally ranked. Have you seen the kids he's playing against? He's in a U-9 league for crying out loud.

15. therealronaldo7

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    I love the little kid that almost gets hit by the car in the old school kit. Funny stuff.
    Another thing that makes me realize I am an FSW addict is that I catch myself sometimes humming the theme song to Dream Team. I will be watching tonight!!!

16. writered21

writered21 Member+

Jul 14, 2001
    Middle of the Road
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, the little jig the kid does to "avoid" falling into the street is good stuff. I'm sure they got that on one take.

17. BillQ

BillQ New Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago, IL
    When you talk about Dream Team plots to your non-soccer friends like it was a serious show like NYPD Blue.

18. mcpish

mcpish New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    ...you think you need glasses until you realize that's actually how blurry the picture is.
    ...you know about everyone on Canada's Walk of Fame.
    ...you can't get the Body-Break jingle out of your head!
    ...you actually think Matt Brown gives useful information in his Rugby Report! ;)
    ...you speak with a british or an australian accent and you are neither british nor australian.
    ...you actually care about Brazilian soccer!
    ...you miss Dutch soccer :(
    ...your hair looks like Oliver Kahn's
    ...you actually answer the question of the week, every week without fail!
    ...you wish you could subscribe to Sky Sports
    ...you know the difference between Rugby Union & League yet you are not an ex-patriot.
    ...you thought the commentator was an idiot the other day during the "Liberty Cup" when he referred to Rugby League as Australian Rules Football.
    ...you'd rather watch the MLS Cup than the SuperBowl.
    ...Australian Rules Football is your favorite sport on television.
    ...you know the name of every Australian Rules Football team.
    ...you actually don't think that "Out of Bounds" isn't just a cheap rip-off of TSN's "Off The Record".

19. writered21

writered21 Member+

Jul 14, 2001
    Middle of the Road
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, now I know I'm in trouble.

20. jammybastard

jammybastard Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Flyoverland
    ...if, after all those hours of watching, you *still* think Max Bretos blows.

21. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ....if your posting on the FSW board at 3am because there is nothing good on FSW at 3am.

22. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    You complain about how today's FSW personalities couldn't hold Lionel Bienvenue's jock to family members who have zero clue about who or what you're rambling about.

23. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    Lionel was the man, he used to sign off with something, anyone remember what it was?

24. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    ...The fake camera smile of Sean Weelock and the sideways stare of John Harkes on MLS Wrap scare the neighborhood children

...your 3-year old knows clubs like "Bolton Wanderers", "Blackburn Wanderers" and "WBA" rather than Los Angeles Lakers, Philadelphia Phillies and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

...your 7 year old occasionally busts out with a "spot on" or "that was a cracker of a match" comment while watching EPL Review Show.

...You know when winter has arrived in Winnipeg based on the sweaters worn by Michelle Lissel.

...Your friends confuse you watching Sky Sports News for Bloomberg News when they spot your TV with the volume down.

...you start believing that there must be something to the weight loss products that are pimped on FSW.

...you plan your whole weekend two weeks in advance after the FSW schedules inPDF appear on the FSW website.

...Even worse, you look to see what matches FSW Canada will be showing and thinking "Damn it must be great to live in Canada" because they will have the Arsenal-Chelsea match live, while in the US we have to wait until Wednesday," and then slap yourself back to reality realizing that it would suck to be Canadian.

25. Euskadi

Euskadi New Member

Aug 17, 2001
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    You long for "My game, my world, my life."