You heard it here first, College Cup Final 4

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by ComputerPooper, Nov 28, 2007.

1. ComputerPooper

ComputerPooper New Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Here is the College Cup Final 4. Don't even bother following it to see who wins. You just found out here in this post:

Duke
    UCONN
    West Virgnia
    Portland

These are the Final 4, who will go to the College Cup. Duke will take on UCONN in one semifinal, and West Virginia will take on Portland in the other semifinal.

Duke, UCONN, and Portland have been to the College Cup before. For West Virginia, this will be their first trip.

2. soccer05

soccer05 New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    "[I]Top 10 Women's Soccer Programs in History and Prestige
    Views: 1,035 Posted By ComputerPooper
    Re: Top 10 Women's Soccer Programs in History and Prestige

2.) NOTRE DAME

Analysis: Notre Dame has made more College Cup "Title Game" apperances than anybody else, except for North Carolina. They also have won two National Championships (1995 and 2004),...
    [/I

Curious...Pooper why you are picking Duke when you are quoted in Nov with the above......I say ND all the way!

3. upprv

upprv Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Glad I checked the scores, because it is currently:
    ND
    FSU and
    USC

0-3. At least you are consistent. :)

4. ComputerPooper

Aug 6, 2007
    Actually, I went undefeated, and went 0-4. UCLA beat Portland.

5. ComputerPooper

Aug 6, 2007
    It's amazing to think about, but FSU has been to twice as many college cups in the past 5 seasons as UNC has (since 2003).

FSU: 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007
    UNC: 2003, 2006

FSU are the KINGS of the ACC in the past 5 years (not UNC), when talking about overall NCAA tournament success, not including National Championships that is (which UNC won both times they made the college cup in the past 5 years, 2003 and 2006).

From 2001 - 2007 (seven seasons), UNC now has only won TWO National Titles. They're still the most dominant team overall, no doubt, but their dominance has been slipping more and more as time goes by. Maybe they'll fire Anson Dorrance. Just kidding.

6. tjdsocc

tjdsocc New Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Wanted to ask someone this, why would the NCAA play in this location. Make this a college showcase for travel teams. Location, where to fly into, hotels is ridiculous. Raleigh is a better location. I know travel teams are in hotels an hour away?

7. sockerdad06

sockerdad06 Member

Sep 12, 2004
    The travel time in Raleigh is not any better, we had to commute about an hour to the fields and then about 45 minutes to to watch the College games. At least in Texas everything in the city is about 5 minutes from each other.

8. NatsDad

NatsDad Member

May 5, 2004
    DC Metro
    Club:
    DC United
    I did notice that hotels in College Station tended to be booked up earlier this year than in 2005 . . .

While we're on the topic of location . . . I want to know why the CC hasn't been on the west coast in so many years. Hopefully this won't turn into another discussion of the NCAA's supposed anti-west coast bias.

I'm serious . . . I love Raleigh, and Texas is nice, but I need another excuse to get to Cali in December!:D

9. casocrfan

casocrfan Member

Nov 25, 2004
    San Francisco
    I would love to see it played at the Home Depot Center in SoCal... or is home depot not an NCAA sponsor!

10. goalieanna

goalieanna New Member

Jul 30, 2006
    California
    It's going back to Cary in '08, then again to College Station in '09, maybe in 2010?

Santa Clara's stadium is getting a huge upgrade since the San Jose Earthquakes will be using Buck Shaw as their temporary home until their stadium gets built. That would be a fine choice.

11. SBfan

SBfan New Member

Feb 4, 2005
    The men's NCAA finals were at HDC in 2004. I can't think of any reason the women couldn't play there too!