You gotta love the effort

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by kolokoi5, Apr 13, 2009.

1. kolokoi5

kolokoi5 New Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I just watched the Sounders FC highlight recap on MLSnet.com and although our team lost, you have gotta love the effort these guys showcased out on the pitch. Even with a man down, they had many scoring opportunities and shots on goal despite being one man down, and as a fan you can't ask for anything more (other than a short-handed win or tie of course). The team was still attacking and had the Wizards barely escaped with a 1-0 win. A grand effort but a loss is loss which would eventually happen. Regardless, kudos to the team.

2. jd6885

jd6885 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Tacoma
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I dunno about "you can't ask for anything more". They could have finished a few of those chances.

edit: Oh n/m, you had that covered

3. WestSeattle

WestSeattle New Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I'd also like to emphasize again, how many opportunities we squandered. Also I thought the defensive lapse that created the KC goal was pretty bad.

Sure, "moral victory" I guess, too bad "moral victories" don't give you a single point in the standings.

I thought we deserved to lose, I thought KC won by being patient and striking hard when opportunity presented itself. We, by contrast, were impatient and lobbed softies or shot wide, due to a lack of patience and finish.

Hopefully, we'll learn from this loss, and be a better team for it. We'll need to be better, if we have any aspiration for the playoffs.