You can't measure our joy!

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Zitor, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Zitor

Zitor New Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Chicago
    “I’ll watch soccer when the players stop being pansies and stop always looking for fouls to win games off penalty kicks and free kicks. I’ll watch when the players shut up and play the game; when players get knocked over only to spring back up immediately to fight for the ball; when instead of diving or falling over easily in the penalty box they hustle and fight for the goal.” Some jerk answered to the news of USA 2 - Spain 0

My thought...
    You are seeing the tree not the forest. I can imagine you are already brainwashed by other sports’ comments and grew that within you. The genuine jewl in soccer doesn’t depend on those what they point you to see, there are far other untouchable things, “the essence is invisible to the eyes” was said before and not necesarely about soccer.
    So, what you say is old and worn out. We get your point, but we are not going to do anything to try to win your simpathy. We know what the highlights of our game are, and we have a hell of fun, the grass is greener in our side, the beer tastes better and the girls are sweeter.