You #%^&*(@ Beauty

Discussion in 'Australia' started by almango, Apr 6, 2006.

1. almango

almango Member+

Sydney FC
    Australia
    Nov 29, 2004
    Bulli, Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    After months of trying I got an email today from FFA travel that starts

"Congratulations, your application has been successful in receiving tickets in the latest ticket allocation from FIFA!

Please read the following information carefully as it contains information about confirming or canceling your successful application.

Viewing Your Application

You can view the details of your ticket booking by clicking Click here. (Information about Package Codes can be found below)

Only a very limited number of changes can be made to newly successful applications:

1. You can remove people from your application, however you CANNOT transfer tickets to other people and you CANNOT add additional people.

2. You can change the way you would like to pay. Full payment must be received within five (5) working days of this notification."

I'm going to the World Cup after having resigned myself to missing out. This is only a couple of days after being informed that a limited amount of tickets are available in a FIFA reallocation. I must have only just mised out first time around. I hope others who missed out can get some tickets too. No need to tell you all how happy I feel right now.

2. Champagne Football

Champagne Football New Member

Dec 5, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    Congratulations, mate!

Meanwhile, I'll be watching from the comfort of my couch.
    No need to tell you how jealous I feel right now. :D

3. Andy TAUS

Andy TAUS Member

Jan 31, 2004
    Sydney, AUS
    So, when are we leaving for Germany, maaaaate? :)

4. almango

almango Member+

Sydney FC
    Australia
    Nov 29, 2004
    Bulli, Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I just received another email with more info. Apparently FFA didn't get any extra category 1 tickets for Japan so I have category 1 for the Brazil and Croatia matches and category 2 for Japan. Also I wont be sitting with the people who got tickets in the first round. I'm still wrapped to get tickets. Hopefully I can catch up with anyone else going at some stage and meet some of the people I've been debating football with.

5. JLSA

JLSA Member

Nov 11, 2003
    You going to Rotterdam and/or Ulm as well.

J

6. almango

almango Member+

Sydney FC
    Australia
    Nov 29, 2004
    Bulli, Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Haven't decided yet. Depends a lot on the costs and if I can wrap up what I'm doing at work by the end of May. An extra 8 days can be expensive for an old fart like myself that likes comfort. I wasn't expecting to get anything ticketwise so I haven't looked into the details of add ons yet.

7. JLSA

JLSA Member

Nov 11, 2003
    Well the Cathay flights I'm on (Sydney->Amsterdam leaving 3pm on the 3rd and arriving in time to get a lift with friends down to Rotterdam) is just under $2.5K return.

Don't know how good that is, but I've seen worse.

J