You all are flaming idiots!

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by GoTeam, Jul 26, 2002.

1. Mike Marshall

Mike Marshall Member+

Feb 16, 2000
    Woburn, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, for those of us keeping score, we add matches to the list of things you aren't supposed to play with that already includes sharp objects, heavy machinery, firearms, and large quantities of alcohol.

And remember, your mother always said, "Don't play ball in the house."

Personally, I thought being a flaming idiot would involve alot more pain, and possibly some sort of ointment.

2. GoTeam

GoTeam New Member

Mar 21, 2002
    ok, ok

ok, ok...so you all aren't flaming idiots...but it did get plenty of responses, therefore I have a little more to say...

Interestingly, yes the MLS does throw down orders of who to start and who not to start...the major example would be the climactic Revs vs. MetroStars "grudge match." One player, no guessing who, hadn't been in training for two weeks and started. Another missed training from time to time. All three players from the "big trade" started the game, and all three exited before half time. Coincidence, hmmm.

Secondly, yes most of you guys know soccer, but some of your posts can only leave me wondering if you are that guy in the Revs jersey from three years ago yelling "boot it to Taylor," "kick it up," or "keeper's out, Shoot." But then again we do have Paid Professional announcers using terms like 'hitch-kick', 'back header' and trying to tell the viewers that APC isn't playing because Steve Nicol is essentially racist.

Oh, I forgot to comment on my least favorite player, Hernandez. What a pr---. He has a bad attitude, thinks he is some sort of bad ass and has dreams that he playmakes like Petit and tackles like Keane...his celebration after his goal that bounced maybe twice before hitting the net was literally a disgrace. I was embarassed for him. While I don't think it should have been a pk, Diallo had no chance of catching up to his horendous touch, Hernandez still showed what an idiot he is by even going in for the challenge, or lack there of.

And for all you hoping for Kante to save the world...word is he is big and athletic, but can't play to save his life. Hopefully we will be pleasantly surprised.

Oh ya, Kamler is solid. He's no Giggs, Beckham, or Overmars, but he can play.

In response to the guy bombing on Nicol starting Rooney...I agree Rooney is rotten and his days are numbered, but who else should play defensive center mid...Wolde?

Yes, my comments on Twellman are harsh, but because he is the leading goal scorer, I think we all see him with our rose color glasses and turn our heads the other way when he turns into pressure or gives it away on his poor first touch more often than the "best forward in the league" should.

Lastly, ok, Nicol isn't the savior for the Revs, but he certainly isn't the problem. Those of you wishing for a college coach do have some valid points, although considering Cirovski as a top coach is pretty funny, hasn't his team been at the lower half of the ACC in the last four years, better yet, maybe you'll get John Renny. I say give Nicol a little more time.

The bottom line is, without Llamosa and Pierce the flood gates are open. Even with those two, the back line is no model of stability.

3. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    That guy can go to hell. Anyone who says MLS matches aren't even real is a prick. There's only a fe countries in the world with "real" soccer and even in those places many REAL fans support second division or lower teams.

This stuff is just too much to stomach, especially after MLS guys put in 5 goals in the World Cup.

4. JohnnyRev

JohnnyRev Member

Feb 23, 2001
    Boston, MA
    Go Team, may I say that you're a jerk? Thank you.

You like to set up ridiculous straw men and then knock them down with your extraordinarily perceptive insights: e.g. "for all of you hoping for Kante to save the world...." Who thinks that?

Go Team, I suggest you go back to school and study courtesy and class before making your next post.

5. Tea Men Tom

Tea Men Tom Member

Feb 14, 2001
    Re: ok, ok

3 points here I would like to comment on.

Regarding #1, who exactly is giving the orders to play these guys? Is it Todd Smith, Jonathan Kraft or someone in the league office?

Regarding #2, and #3 you're 100% on the mark. Hernandez just plain sucks. And after Llamosa and Rusty, there's a giant hole in the middle of the backline.

There may be a certain tone to GoTeam's comments but on most of them he's speaking the truth. I'm curious about that first one though.

6. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    Find me one quote where anyone, one single post, where this was said. What many of us have been saying is that he deserves a look from the USA coach. And since we have Wolff, Mathis and Donovan ., never mind others coming up, NOBODY thinks Twellman will be given a position with the USA. Nevertheles, it IS unusual for a new player on a bad team to lead the league in scoring. How far he will go in his career is anyone's guess.
    One last thing: the days of bootlicking Euro soccer are gone friend. We don't consider it the epitome of good soccer to move to Europe- MLS does a fine job on the field now. Our biggest star, Donovan, has chosen NOT to go to Europe.

7. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Re: Re: You all are flaming idiots!

Mathis is #1, my friend.

8. dejamatt

dejamatt New Member

Jul 19, 1999
    Needham, MA
    Re: ok, ok

Holy Crap! This guy just mentioned three European players in one sentence!! He must really know what he's talking about. I don't know about you all, but that just blows away a little MLS fan like me...

9. Blathist

Blathist New Member

Aug 21, 2001
    Foxboro
    Why does this guy think that none of us have ever watched a soccer game that wasn't and MLS game? I would bet a lot of money that all of the people on these boards have seen some other soccer league play.

10. Gregor

Gregor New Member

Jun 23, 1999
    Boston, MA USA
    Re: Re: ,..,

fixed :)