You 8-2 See One Team Score 9 Times- The Other Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Aug 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #7951 4x4s, Mar 2, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    [​IMG]

It starts improving once his contract is off the team.

I got this 350 mil. figure from a sports finance newsletter i receive, apparently, overall, Juventus broke even. You can twist the numbers and say that he brought in an increase in income, but a lot of that is inhouse sponsors like FIAT taking on a heavier load, and Juve increasing ticket prices 15% to offset a part of the wages before the pandemic only to play 1,5 seasons without any fans.

They'd possibly do better, but the pandemic absolutely broke what the deal was supposed to offer Juve.

2. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That's a lot of FIATs.

3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    1,7 billion loss due to the coronavirus for FIAT/Juventus' main sponsor by the way.

One reason why i'm posting it, is because people posted that Messi figure yelling "500 mil. for 5 years of Messi! Oh my god! What idiots!" all over the internet, but 350 mil. for 4 years of Ronaldo is not that far off.

4. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Mikel Arteta's career can be destroyed if he inherited a Messi-less Barcelona and without funding.

PigBenis, Lyra and Anon. repped this.
  5. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Is Coutunho injured? Rumour Coutinho will spend the rest of the season on the bench for fear of triggering another £5M due to Liverpool

Couldn’t have happened to a better club!

6. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Damaged meniscus in December and has missed like 15 matches till now. He was supposed to come back for Clasico but the recovery hasn't been that great.

verde-rubro repped this.
  7. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Selling him was even worse business by Real Madrid.

Juve is the only side who actually won something with this transfer, actually. CR is a megastar, he brought new fans, sold lots of jerseys, scored lots of goals, and won lots of matches. In a market where Coutinho costs 100+ M, Ronaldo was a cheap acquisition. And his wages are not out-of-this-world levels like Messi and Neymar.

Their losses seem much more linked to Corona than to the CR transfer itself.

On the other hand, we lost a damn fine striker who rarely gets injured and still attracts millions of viewers. We bought a 30-year-old OK player for more than we got from the CR sale who ended up being an injury-prone fraud. I doubt we would look this bad with CR still around. He still is a goal-scoring machine, a leader, a passionate player. Compare it to our lethargic front-trio right now, lol.

As for Ronaldo, he lost a team that is simply better and more relevant than the one he is in now. He is making a lot of money and has all the attention he loves so I doubt he's triste right now. But I know he misses the glamour of being a Real Madrid player. He misses the weaker Spanish defenses, the Clasicos, the Messi rivalry, etc.

I'm pretty sure Juventus is very satisfied in all aspects of this ~gift~ transfer.

We are talking about businessmen here. They knew CR wouldn't automatically win them a CL. Maybe the fans had more unrealistic expectations. But I'm sure Juve knew what they were getting and are very satisfied with that investment's outcome.

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Again, you're breaking it up into well, this is not bad, and this is not bad, and this is not bad, but they paid over 350 mil. for 4 years of Ronaldo. Even when they signed him, attendance didn't go up a bit and the only increase in matchday revenue is because they made the fans pay more for each ticket (good luck with that after the pandemic is over).

The team got worse, Ronaldo will leave a large gap, and the fans will keep paying the "Ronaldo bonus" that was placed on the tickets once he arrived. The only winner was Ronaldo. Improved his numbers, won a few Serie A trophies by default, made a ton of money.

FIAT announces that they're closing their European factories, Juve announce massive revenue loss, Ronaldo announces that he bought the most expensive sports car in the world.

That's who won.

Raul_Madrid and celito repped this.
  9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Even former Liverpool players get injured, no wonder they can't win!

10. The Biscuitman

The Biscuitman Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Club:
    Reading FC
    UK & Ireland bidding to host a 5 nation World Cup in 2030

11. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    And you are breaking it up into well this is bad, this is also bad, etc. And worse, you mention massive revenue losses. I mean, hello? *cough* Covid *cough*. ALL the teams are in trouble.

I'm pretty sure the Juve execs (and especially the fans) are quite happy with the Ronaldo deal. If this was a world without Covid, they'd be even happier.
    Juve got millions and millions of new fans all over the world. I mean, I'm pretty sure Serie A only returned to Brazilian TV because of Ronaldo. It had been years since any network had bought it.

In China's official social(ist) media, Juve had like 200 thousand followers. After Ronaldo joined them, they got like 2 million or something. Lots of new fans willing to buy all the merch and TV packages to watch the guy. He is their galactico.

If even with all that people can't consider it a good business move, I guess we can agree that it was not bad either. I just can't see getting the best striker in the world as a bad business deal.

You know what was really bad? Seeing Mariano getting the #7 and a damn nice salary as well and the promise that that was going to be Bale's year. That's not that bad? Fast-forward to next year where we take that Ronaldo money and use it to buy almost-30-years-old Hazard. Now THAT's bad business.

Thankfully we won a league after Ronaldo and we seem to be OK economically speaking. But good luck trying to fill the new Bernabéu with this mediocre team we have currently. Maybe we can get a full stadium if we play against Juve in the near future. Fans would love to see Ronaldo's return.

Deep Pal repped this.
  12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #7962 4x4s, Mar 3, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
    If we'd spend 350 million on a player only to become worse I'd be as unhappy with the deal as we are with Hazard.

If I'd do it hoping I would increase ticket prices only to play in an empty stadium, I'd be unhappy. If I'd do it thinking my main sponsor will support me only for my main sponsor to suffer dramatics losses (make no mistake Madrid has the same problem), I'd be unhappy.

What it basically boils down to is, juve got a bunch of Facebook likes out of it. Super.

It will be even more interesting if they decide to sell him this summer before letting him go for free.

At the same time you're the same guy that was saying "give 35 year old Sergio Ramos any kind of contract he wants, he deserves it" so I think we're never going to agree on this. If the idea was to pay Ronaldo as much as Messi for him to stay, you'd think it would be better for the club to pay that. For me it's the opposite. I'd rather not win than win and still have empty pockets.

13. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

A player like Fede Valverde. [emoji115]

14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Has anybody here everposted about how Rashford has lifted Ronaldo's free kick technique? That's some pretty impressive skill cloning. I noticed it in the match vs Chelsea last weekend and did some digging and apparently it's a thing:

15. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  16. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That baby oil ain't no joke.

17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  18. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ahmadi8 and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  19. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  20. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's hardly something to be proud of considering Messi started playing in the League when he was mop haired teenager while Ronaldo entered the League in his prime.

Both ronaldo and Messi fans are cringe at this point.

MaxY, Doni, BocaFan and 3 others repped this.
  22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Dude, i'm joking. Amazing.

23. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Apparently Inter Milan have failed to pay Manchester and still owe around €50M.

That makes me believe reports earlier which said they hadn't paid us or are short the money. If so we should take Archaf back immediately this summer, no negotiation.

If this true we all know Florentino will use kid gloves and show them the mercy they would neber show us. Great guy but damn..

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid

The club published a statement that all Inter rumors are untrue.

En relación a la información que publica el Corriere dello Sport sobre supuestas tensiones entre nuestro club y el Inter de Milán, el Real Madrid C. F. quiere manifestar que dicha información es rotundamente falsa.

25. Dr. MvN

Dr. MvN Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    Oct 22, 2018
    Estados Unidos
    A couple years ago, Sevilla went to Barcelona up 2-0 in the Copa, and pretty quickly fell apart. Lost 6-1 when the game was finally over.

See if they're any better off this time around.