You 8-2 See One Team Score 9 Times- The Other Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Aug 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #4126 4x4s, Nov 27, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2020

Comedy :D

Let me give you a hint.

When you publically post your twitter account on here with the profile you was banned for, it's best to not post the exact same thing here as you're posting there while just using a new username.

My word. People think we're completely stupid and this moderating thing isn't tedious stuff to work out. Sometimes it's best to just apologize.

Deep Pal and madridista_hr repped this.
  2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Cancel culture doesn't really exist and Maradona is proof of it.

He's been on every single newspaper cover and is celebrated as a hero. Who really got canned and didn't deserve it? Maradona obviously doesn't, hence why he was never "canceled". Neither did Kobe, court case and all.

We can make a case for Maradona being the greatest player ever. We can make a case for him inspiring millions of people to play the sport.

We can't make a case on him being better or worse or more or less beloved than anybody else based on how much we ourselves like him. Some people loved Garrincha. But wouldn't it be better for Garrincha to be around a bit longer than to "just be himself"? Wouldn't it be better somebody would have saved Robinho from himself rather than "accepting his flaws"?

A good person can make very bad choices. That doesn't make the bad choices good because a good person made them.

Deep Pal repped this.
  3. undertow

undertow Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Nov 22, 2020
    Honestly I'm just surprised so many Real Madrid fans are Lewis Hamilton fans. It's quite disappointing. He should definitely do an "imagine" video like those other celebrities

[​IMG]

Dendenmushi and hector_br repped this.
  4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  5. undertow

undertow Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Nov 22, 2020
    Who said anything about anti vax?!? LOL. Everyone needs to chill.
    I think cancel culture relates more to current hot topics (trans,racism,sexism,identity politics). It's more about what you think. Do you hold the wrong views? Cancelled. That's why these celebrities are shit scared and toeing the line. I think they even tried to get on Hamilton's back before he "woke" up. Something about gender stereotype. He had to apologise! Laughable.

You can't cancel Maradona 'cause you can't cancel god ;)

Lyra, Deep Pal and madridista_hr repped this.
  6. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Strange last few pages.

Anyways. RIP Maradona.

7. undertow

undertow Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Nov 22, 2020
    Yeah soz about that.

At least we agree about Maradona. You seen the documentary by Asif Kapadaia? Same dude who did the "Senna" and "Amy" documentaries. Fantastic. Have to say the "Senna" one is the best.

8. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I have not seen it but I am at awe at what Maradona did with the ball. The only player that has come close skill wise is Messi but Messi is the opposite of Maradona when it comes to carrying a team and playing with balls

Deep Pal and undertow repped this.
  9. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Watch around 3:50 to 5:50 here. His facial expressions and hand signals are hilarious. Legend.

Deep Pal, Doni, Shay Z and 3 others repped this.
  10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sandro Wagner (people here might remember him from FC Bayern) is getting his coaching license and was saying a lot about how coaching works nowadays.

From what he was saying I doubt you can kind of brute force games the way Diego did back then. Even the fact that Diego like performances are kind of the standard expected from Messi is pretty special.

Deep Pal, madridista_hr and J-Mezzy repped this.
  11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The fun thing about modern day Maradona was that he was stuck in a time capsule. Whenever you heard of him or had the chance to look at him, he was like he just stepped out of a time machine from 20 years ago.

Deep Pal and J-Mezzy repped this.
  12. Super Dragao

Super Dragao Member

FC Porto
    Portugal
    Oct 12, 2020
    Toronto - (Rogers Road) and Northern Portugal
    Like I said , Maradona is the goat.
    The tackles
    He received were brutal. 80s football was by far the most difficult era for attackers. Pele, Messi, Cr7 , didn’t face that.

my top rankings

1. Maradona
    2. CR7/Messi/Pele /Di Stefano
    3. Cruyff /Eusebio/ Zidane /Ronaldo

the rest come after

paulo Futre was good and should have been ballon dor 1987. He might be the third best Portuguese player after CR7 and Eusebio. He faced difficult defenses.

13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No Brazilian Ronaldo makes this list a bit of a tough ask to take serious.

Dendenmushi and Deep Pal repped this.
  14. Super Dragao

Super Dragao Member

FC Porto
    Portugal
    Oct 12, 2020
    I agree I just edited my list now that you posted that

Deep Pal and 4x4s repped this.
  15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think Cristiano is a better player than the Brazilian Ronaldo (which makes most people fume in anger), but I think we don't get Cristiano without Ronaldo before him.

Which is why I consider all these lists kind of difficult. But there is nothing against saying Maradona was the greatest player ever.

2Magia2, Deep Pal, Bear Crotch and 2 others repped this.
  16. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ok, "i'll fume in anger", I think Cristiano looked after himself better thus lasted longer in the game, better player, nah

Dendenmushi and Deep Pal repped this.
  17. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Barcelona reaches an agreement with the players on a salary reduction saving the club 122 million.

Steep cut

Lyra and Deep Pal repped this.
  18. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Hahahah you can't make that stuff up. Gotta love Lewis. He is clearly just a big kid, a spoiled kid but with a good heart.
    Great post undertow! Hope to see you around more. I encourage you to keep making fun of these stupid celebrities regardless of their color. Please do Rapinoe next!
    You will be automatically considered a pro-Trump nazi racist evil bigot just for that but hey, that's the world we live in.

As for those who wrote some nice words about me on the last few pages. Thank you and I like all of you as well.

Dendenmushi, Deep Pal and undertow repped this.
  19. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Man you don't take it well when people disagree with you on political and social matters.

Never seena bigger victim on RMBS in all my years. Good Lord...

Deep Pal, Ahmadi8 and sneakking repped this.
  20. Daninho777

Daninho777 Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I think he’s the GOAT too and it’s crazy to think how good Maradona was in his prime while he was out partying for half the week and spent the second part of the week “detoxing” to play on the Sunday lol. On a documentary he himself was saying imagine the player we missed out on because of the cocaine addiction. If he had the CR7 level of focus/commitment no one would ever even be able to come close.

21. Super Dragao

Super Dragao Member

FC Porto
    Portugal
    Oct 12, 2020
    no doubt and you are spot on.
    CR7 is one of the best ever in large part due to his superior mentality and professionalism.

also, Zico was another great player during the 80s.

Deep Pal and J-Mezzy repped this.
  22. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Maradona also did not have a strong supporting cast. Argentina without Maradona in 1986 was much weaker than any of Pele's WC teams without Pele.

The 1986 WC Finals is also considered to be one of the greatest tournaments. France had Platini. Brazil was not their best, but they were simply Brazil. They only went out by losing a PK shootout against France. Denmark, the Soviet Union, Belgium and Spain all at one point appeared to be the team to beat. The Soviets also walked all over their opponents in the first round before losing a heartbreaking loss against Belgium. We all heard of Danish Dynamite, but Spain of "La Quinta del Buitre" beat them 5-1. In turn, Belgium beat Spain. West Germany was weak, but they did end up in the Final, while beating France in the semifinal. I just mentioned 7 teams who could have won the WC Cup in 1986.

At the club level, Napoli faced against AC Milan (Van Basten/, Gullit, Rijkaard, Baresi, Maldini) and Inter Milan (Matthias, Klinsmann, Brehme). Maradona won his first Serie A with Platini playing for Juventus. Napoli still managed to win two league titles with Maradona.

23. Super Dragao

Super Dragao Member

FC Porto
    Portugal
    Oct 12, 2020
    Messi has played with stronger Argentina teams than what Maradona had in 1986 and 1990...

brazil won the 1962 World Cup when pele was injured , I think he was injured after the first game or something. In 1958 pele was also a teenager wasn’t exactly the main go to guy on the team....

Excape Goat, Anon. and Deep Pal repped this.
  24. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  25. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    And you want these "people" to become socially conscious hahaha

Ultras are animals and most of the teams wont never get rid of them despite their racism, sexism and lunacy.

Its a lost battle.

J-Mezzy and Deep Pal repped this.