You 8-2 See One Team Score 9 Times- The Other Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Aug 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    There was a video posted somewhere (I can’t remember if I’m this website or on Twitter) where a lady journalist asks him if he feels any sympathy for Butcher and the English about the hand of God, and he gives a beautifully timed comic response referring to England’s 1966 win. If anyone can link me to that I’d appreciate it - I've searched everywhere.

2. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    I wish that we lived in a world where not caring about problems made them go away lol what kind of take is this? Whether they care or not they will be affected by climate change all the same.

YOUNGSTARS87, Shay Z and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  3. undertow

undertow Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Nov 22, 2020
    This is quite interesting. I agree maybe I have overcomplicated maradona's contribution in a way.

I guess my trigger point is this idea we have nowadays that stars have to be perfect. You see that with cancel culture and demonising people for past behaviour. You see all these celebrities and sportsmen trying to be perfect and constantly signalling their morality and virtue. From what I understand about human nature. I believe it to be a lie. Those professing to be anti-racists always seem to be the most racist. People are frightened of losing their social standing. It can and has been taken away before. Don't confuse that with goodness or virtue.

This sounds like elite thinking. "they don't understand" "they don't know any better" etc. We must educate them to think in line with us.

I'm no expert on climate change and i'm certainly not a denier but for whatever reason it does seem to be a concern for the rich left elite. Poverty not so much.

hector_br repped this.
  4. undertow

undertow Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Nov 22, 2020
    They are being affected by real things right now. That takes priority. Food. Water. Jobs. Suicide.
    I agree with all of this

hector_br repped this.
  5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Climate change will impact those at the bottom of the totem pole the most. Which is why there already is a lot of talk about climate migration.

Food and water will directly be impacted by climated change.

Deep Pal, yoanaidarov and Drouchk repped this.
  6. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Still doesn’t mean that climate change isn’t an issue and or that their indifference to it means anything.

And I don’t want to assume anything but reading your posts I have a feeling that you’d be opposed to measures that would actually allow those people to overcome these issues you’ve highlighted as priorities.

Deep Pal repped this.
  7. Jorge G

Jorge G New Member

Atlético
    Argentina
    Nov 27, 2020
    You may want to be careful, I think you may get blocked by the admins if they don’t agree with you

hector_br repped this.
  8. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    The mods in this forum are some of the most chill ones I’ve ever encountered, you have to be very.......special to get banned here.

Deep Pal and madridista_hr repped this.
  9. Jorge G

Jorge G New Member

Atlético
    Argentina
    Nov 27, 2020
    @hector_br is close to getting kicked out he’s got a yellow card still

hector_br repped this.
  10. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The guy is obviously a rehash banned member lol

Must be Hector's buddy

Deep Pal, Ahmadi8 and Drouchk repped this.
  11. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    He would have been banned on most forums long ago, oh and hey Hector’s alt account.

12. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Or Hector’s on an alt account lol.

Deep Pal and J-Mezzy repped this.
  13. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I like @hector_br and I welcome his contrarian views. His problem is his obsession with @4x4s

I hope he doesn't get himself banned

Deep Pal, hector_br and Drouchk repped this.
  14. undertow

undertow Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Nov 22, 2020
    #4114 undertow, Nov 27, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    Again, I'm no expert, maybe I'm one those that need to be "educated" but from what i've seen with carbon taxes and the like, food prices will likely increase which will affect the poor. A lot of the measures will impact working class people. It's a very difficult situation I understand. A balance discussion would be nice from the politicians.
    Let's be honest my friend, it has been politicized so much that with everyone basing their identity on their political bipartisan views, it is very difficult to get anywhere.
    T R I B A L I S M
    ?
    Would love you to elaborate.

Are you suggesting I'm a bad person??? Oh man, that's the one thing i didn't want people to think. Damn lol

15. Jorge G

Jorge G New Member

Atlético
    Argentina
    Nov 27, 2020
    I guess @hector_br speaks the truth and when they don’t like it they put a card on him to shut him up. Sounds like communism

hector_br repped this.
  16. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Same, although I think his non football related takes are mostly trash, I like him as a poster overall.

robnycus and hector_br repped this.
  17. Jorge G

Jorge G New Member

Atlético
    Argentina
    Nov 27, 2020
    Sounds like @undertow speaks his mind too and people are not liking his views

hector_br repped this.
  18. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It’s crazy some people can’t pay homage to someone without shitting on others .

Deep Pal, Drouchk and J-Mezzy repped this.
  19. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Who is not liking his views?

People just disagreed with him. No one is chastising the dude.

Deep Pal, undertow and Drouchk repped this.
  20. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    I don’t care about the politics of it, I care about facts and the facts are climate change is a major issue and we have to deal with it post haste.

No I don’t think you’re a bad person, I don’t know you enough to make that judgement but I have a feeling what your political leanings are and I believe that your solution to ending poverty is everyone grabbing themelsves up by their bootstraps.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  21. Jorge G

Jorge G New Member

Atlético
    Argentina
    Nov 27, 2020
    He’s right about Maradona being greatest for sure. People who never watched pre 90s wouldn’t know about the terrible pitches, the players getting kicked out of games. Football players are now pansies including Messi and Cristiano

22. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Better be a part of the elite group thinkers than the anti vax, COVID hoax , conspiracy theory “independent thinkers”.

Deep Pal, Anon., Shay Z and 3 others repped this.
  23. undertow

undertow Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Nov 22, 2020
    Sound like you guys are dealing with some internal war. I won't mention lewis Hamilton ever again lol
    It's more an indictment on our current culture which you must agree is very performative. Maybe it's the social media element. I don't like where it's going.
    You mean my political leanings are opposed to yours so maybe that makes me a bad person?
    I'm gonna assume that you think I'm right wing. I'm not. Probably lay in the center nowadays. I try not to subscribe to any collectivist political group. I used to be old school leftie but I'm schocked that those ideas seem socially conservative nowadays. It's getting confusing

Deep Pal and madridista_hr repped this.
  24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Ok, we're kind of doing an exercise here:
    This is the Prit guy we banned that said this place is horrible and never wanted to come back.

I want to say this here because this is what moderation is all about.you need to remember guys you banned before a pandemic because they all come back.

Everybody is allowed to have an opinion. And other people are allowed to challenge it, and not agree.
    What i find tasty is that the people saying society is weak squeel the loudest when you don't agree with them.

Nobody banned anybody for having an opinion here ever.

25. Jorge G

Jorge G New Member

Atlético
    Argentina
    Nov 27, 2020
    Who?
    Sure....