News: You’ll NeVAR Whinge Alone - The OTT Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10, Nov 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    Dybala doesn't seem to fit in well anywhere if they are going with Ronaldo + Morata.

i've been impressed with Kuluševski. especially given his age. been getting a bit less game time of late though

2. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Gagliardini hasnt been as useful as the previous years. That's true.

I also agree the wingbacks are nothing special, but Juve aint got nothing special in that department either. Juve is stale. I love Ronaldo, but they need to let that man go and start a real rebuild.

Barella and Sensi (not sure how bad he's injured) were the best young CM's in Italy 2 or 3 years ago.

3. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    agreed. i do think Inter's FBs are worse though. Young and Kolarov still see minutes somehow and are well into mid 30's. Darmian is also around 30 and not yet back Torino levels.

as much as i want Inter to win with all my heart i worry about their reliance on their over 30s. Conte seems to make it work but it doesn't sit well with me. Sánchez/Young/Kolarov/Perišić/Vidal is quite a few. probably missing someone else (not the keeper). still Juventus' squad for me. they have better potential in youth as well in key positions imo.

why is Vecino even still there??? he is the cockroach of players. the man has survived everything despite being whatever. do not like.

i also don't think Škriniar is that great and Eriksen only started performing but that's a plus for them. hopefully they win even if only for the good of the league

benni... repped this.
  4. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Barella always seems up for it whenever I tune in to watch Inter. Outside of the obvious choices, Lukaku/Lautaro and Hakimi, he has been one of their best performers.

5. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a sucker punch for Brighton: they've completely dominated the game so far, yet it's CP who open the score (from their first chance of the game). Cheeky goal too from Mateta.

6. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    There is a lot of debate on where CR7 places in the all time list. One thing for sure, he has to be one of the best goal scoring headers of all time.

Yes his ********ing vertical is ridiculous, but he aims them well and generates a lot of power. Lets not forget the movement to get in thr box and the timing of the runs and the jump.

jnielsen repped this.
  7. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    There seriously hasnt been an attacker as reliable in the air lately when it comes to scoring.

Futbol_Head and Ashur repped this.
  8. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    They said he's scored against every other team in Serie A this season. There's 19 other teams. He's scored 24 league goals so far this season. LOL

9. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Smash and grab job from CP on Brighton, with Benteke scoring a very nice goal deep, very deep into added time.
    Rough on Brighton though who clearly had the better of the game on the balance of it.

10. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't think of any (who is his contemporary at least) who compares to him in that department. At 6'1, he's not short but his heading ability make him seem like he's much taller.
    Still has it at 36, which is pretty amazing in itself.

Deadtigers repped this.
  11. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Deadtigers repped this.
  12. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    best PL signings this season?

Rúben Dias, Eze, Cavani, Souček, Callum Wilson, James Rodríguez, Fofana, Watkins?

worst PL signings this season?

Bale, Willian, Havertz, Grant

sound about right? any glaring omissions?

13. jnielsen

jnielsen Member+

May 12, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Is Ibra anywhere close on headed goals?

14. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Doubt it. He'd rather raise his leg 10 feet in the air to volley, than head the ball.

Anonymous_United repped this.
  15. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He's the greatest there's ever been at tracking the flight of a cross. Nobody has ever come close. He's the equivalent of LeBron at chase down blocks. The thing LeBron has/had was explosion and timing/anticipation. Ronnie is the same, he's able to arrive at the perfect moment to meet a cross and if he gets a run on you, it is over.

I think there have been better headers of the ball (headed technique/aim/power) but nobody has ever met the ball like CR7.

EDIT:

Good to see Dortmund living up to their standard. Useless ********ing club.

16. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Who ya got?

17. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oliver Bierhoff is one who immediately comes to mind. He was pretty devastating in that area in his day.

J'can, benni... and johno repped this.
  18. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Shearer, Klose and Bierhoff come to mind. If you hit them with the ball, they are putting it on frame with power.

Marcelo Salas is the only player who attacked crosses like Ronnie does that I can recall, but not at the same level obviously.

Anonymous_United and benni... repped this.
  19. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    Big win for Tuchel

20. yikchi

yikchi Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    Garden State
    Wayne Rooney ... 2009/10 season :)

johno repped this.
  21. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It only appeared that way because he was SO rubbish at them before so any level of competence made him look like he was Bierhoff.

Anonymous_United repped this.
  22. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So PSG beat Barca 4-1 in Spain, we beat Sociedad 4-0 in Italy, Chelsea beat leaders Atleti 1-0 in Bucharest.

I get the last two are disadvantaged by not being able to play at home, but suggests La Liga may be on the decline.

Deadtigers repped this.
  23. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    Decline in regards to the CL? Because the league is finally fun to keep track of, and Atletico is on top.

Deadtigers repped this.
  24. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Both matchups today should be good. Will pay close attention to the Gladbach v City match though. Want to see how Zakaria will perform against City's attack.

25. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    What's the better game to tune into?