Yossi Benayoun

Discussion in 'West Ham United' started by norwaytips, Jul 14, 2005.

1. blainehammer

blainehammer Member

Oct 12, 2004
    White Rock, Canada
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    The Official site.

2. Footstomper

Footstomper New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Frederick MD
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Thank you Eyal berkovic! The kick to the head was merely an east end gesture of friendship. Now is this Yosser feller any good?

3. claret50

claret50 Member

Oct 3, 2004
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Dunno, I'll let you know after the Blackburn game. ;)

4. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Yossi Benayoun will be a great asset to West Ham!

The Hammers really need a player like him. he is very dynamic and is someone who can actually have a lot of creativity in the midfield and possible score from time to time.

I guess you are familiar with people from Israel, such as Berkovic. Benayoun is very good as well and i cant wait to see him in a West Ham jersey.

but you gotta change your sponsors!!

Dr.Martens? where are they now-a-days?

In any case, Bolton vs. London was not a problem. The thing is also, in London he was never going to be guranteed a starting line up.
    We want an active player, especially those who are into the National Team!

We need a player that can also lead a team. West ham needs to get into Europe for 2006/2007! :)

UP THE IRONS!

5. Sxboy66

Sxboy66 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    I'm over here!
  6. Sxboy66

Sxboy66 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    I'm over here!
    OK, I've now watched the aforementioned video of Yossi.

OH..............MY..............GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(He's very, very, good) [Not that I EVER doubted the musicians on here, obviously ;) ]

7. TheresaWHUFC

TheresaWHUFC New Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Brentwood, Essex
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Can't wait to see this guy in action, in the meantime it's exciting just reading the comments about him! Nice one Pards (and thank you Eyal), you're playing a blinder with signings so far.

Anyone going to any of the pre season games?

8. Sxboy66

Sxboy66 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    I'm over here!
    Me neither T, that video has made me come over all unneccessary. I think you'll be offering to share your bath with him before you know what's hit you. ;)

As for pre-season, no, but I hope to get to a few games at UP this season.

UP THE HAMMERS!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    When are you guys planning on making Yossi Chants :)

I wanna know how they go ;)

10. claret50

claret50 Member

Oct 3, 2004
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This lad is the business!! I just watched the clip Rob, he's bloody good mate, left or right footed, and the way he got round the goalie, what poise, I'm impressed!! Go Yossi and West Ham :) :) :)

11. norwaytips

norwaytips Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Oslo, Norway
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What a signing. AP gets 5 points and moves to the top of the class. 3 gold stars so far, and we aint started yet.
    I can tell you all that there will be three more signings. A goalkeeper, a left back and.......wait for it........ a BIG name striker.
    If we get the striker, then I think that, far from struggling, we may well be pushing for a Europe place. Now wouldn't that be something?? In any case you can bring on the Spurs. Tony.

12. northbankbar

northbankbar New Member

Jul 14, 2005
    NZ
    Its incredible - everyone positive, everyone looking forward to the next move - the last time I felt like this about west ham was when we had 6 or 7 england internationals in the squad.

Good summers work Al! And still not finished!!

13. Ami05

Ami05 Member

Apr 28, 2005
    California
    AWESOME VIDEO

Some of those goals are from this World Cup Qualifiers. Swiss and Cyprus.
    The play at the begining when he kicked the ball up and then ran to it and slidded down and kicked it in sideways into the goal was against the swiss,,, the was his second of the game and tied it 2-2.

West Ham United has some of the best fans in the world,,, perfect for Yossi.
    :)

14. hammer_scout51

hammer_scout51 New Member

Oct 19, 2004
    Tony who's his favoured midfield pairing if he is not bringing in a defensive midfielder?

The striker i now hear may be the bubble from Ajax. The LB Clarke from Stoke, Goalie Russell Hoult maybe. I hear we have also looked at Koumas of course that could be paper talk as usual.

15. Ami05

Ami05 Member

Apr 28, 2005
    California
    When is Yossi Benayoun going to play his first game for this wonderful club.
    Will it be on tv? I heard he will start? will his number be #9?
    :cool: :cool: :) :cool:

16. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel

There gonna give some sort of attention in Israel for it. Possibly the same as Berkovic got in Man City! or Revivo in Fenerbahce!

17. Batcave Brigade

Batcave Brigade New Member

Aug 11, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Next pre-season friendly is Yeovil Town next Saturday at 5PM

18. Ami05

Ami05 Member

Apr 28, 2005
    California
    always a interesting comment Kappa , thankx

Brigade,,, If I go to a English soccer pub that day,,, do you think it will be televised. oh and thanks for replying.

19. Batcave Brigade

Batcave Brigade New Member

Aug 11, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    No, I seriously doubt any of the pre-season matches will be televised.

20. TheNewOrleansHammer

TheNewOrleansHammer New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    New Orleans
    I just got back from Isolation Island (Andros) and find this thread. I must admit I have never heard of the bloke but that video looks awsome, I just hope he stuns the Premier league this year. Just to top it off further, the one report I read talked about how he never misses a game, usually these 'flair' players spend a good amount of time on the treatment tables but Yossi sounds like an Iron man.

Lets hope Bolton regret not offering him the same as us, take that Big Head!

21. Ami05

Ami05 Member

Apr 28, 2005
    California
    Wasn't there supposed to be a offical conference with the press after the game today about Yossi Benayoun joining the team? Yossi answering questions and talking about the club.

22. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel

in west hams offical site there was a saying that there was/is/going to be a press conference for benayoun and that journalist and the media are invited to attend.

So yea, i think that is offical now...
    Cause there was alot of attention, in Israel and in the UK, especially with the whole Bolton issue!

23. Birminghammer

Birminghammer New Member

Jun 19, 2005
    Wiltshire, England
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Article by Jim Keat in the News of the World today outlines how Yossi decided upon WHU and criticised Sam Allardyce for his comments:

"Allardyce is talking nonsense. If my decision had been based on money, I'd have joined Bolton as I was offered bigger bonuses there. it's tru that Bolton are in the EUFA Cup but that's not everything. I didn't go to West Ham for the money - I went because they play good football and I know I can do well there. Bolton don't play the sort of football I like. I know about West Ham's style and how they like to pass. Newcastle also offered me a deal. But I love the fact that West Ham are already counting on me as an important player."

I like the cut of this blokes gib already.

From the same paper - apparantly we're trying to sign Pele :eek: a Portugese 27 year old midfield/defender.

Andy