Yorke will not play for T&T

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by Scotty, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Yorke says not interested in playing

Blackburn forward Dwight Yorke confirmed that he will not play international soccer for Trinidad & Tobago again, despite an appearance just days ago in a friendly match. The former Manchester United goalscorer said he played against Northern Ireland on Sunday for the fans, but he had no intention of taking part in his country's World Cup qualifying match at the Dominican Republic this weekend.
    http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/spor..._OBS_YORKE_SAYS_NOT_INTERESTED_IN_PLAYING.asp

2. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. So it's almost the end of a career for one of the best offensive players ever from Concacaf. I couldn't belive it years ago when I found out that this amazing striker for one of the world's greatest teams was from our region.

3. juventino3

juventino3 Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    He's rubbish now anyway. Good riddance to him. Cornell Glenn is a much more explosive attacker at this point.

4. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    You are right about good riddance.. he never gave 100% for T&T and that was never gonna change... but Glenn might not get the nod over the experienced Jerron Nixon... I hope not anyway... I admit that I have not seen much of Glenn, however Nixon has been dominating the Pro League in T&T and is really in tremendous form...

anybody with more T&T news???

We play Dominica in Santo Domingo on Sunday... I was at the team practice this morning... they worked on changing the point of attack... this tie should not be too dificult for us...

5. juventino3

juventino3 Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Cornell Glenn has what it takes to be the next Dwight Yorke. Tremendous pace, strength, and finishing ability. A year or two in MLS and he will be shipped off to England for a large transfer fee.