York City needs help---FAST!

Discussion in 'Other Divisions' started by JoBeck, Feb 21, 2003.

1. JoBeck

JoBeck New Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Wesschessduh
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The following is copied from the York City Supporters Trust website (http://www.saveyork.co.uk):

2. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  3. JoBeck

JoBeck New Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Wesschessduh
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel bad and I just hope they get a last-minute deal... Their fans look like they've already raised £40,000 in the last few days (let's hope it's that high... it looks like they raised £15,000 at the game today and have gotten about £20,000 in donations) and they are talking with a few wealthy potential investors about a deal to save the club.

Their fans have done so much to keep that club alive. The club has stayed alive even this long because of the countless hours the fans have taken out of their own lives to help their club and because of the generous amounts of money they have taken out of their own wallets to bankroll the club. If it weren't for York City's fans, their team would not even be alive much less fighting for promotion.

Best wishes to York City, their fans and York City Supporters Trust, and here's hoping that they can get the money by tomorrow. If they lose, all fans of English soccer lose.

4. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

Oct 27, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They've done so well so far in raising the money needed. I would think with them being so close to having what's needed for now, someone will step up if not several people.
    Here's their page at the Football Grounds site.
    http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/park/yfh45/york.htm

5. Fusion City

Fusion City New Member

Sep 25, 2001
    Manchester,England
    This is where the big clubs should hang their heads in shame!! There is so much money in football but they wont help the smaller clubs. One of our local clubs,Bury,are still in an uncertain position,fans of all clubs in the area rallied round to turn up at matches & show some support,but it is smalll change. Leeds or the Sheffield clubs could organise a friendly to boost the coffers,but what is really needed is some sort of levy to a fund to help the position of clubs like York.My own team,Man City were playing them in the league only 4 seasons ago & now are ploughing £Ms into new players What is needed is for everyone to get together & agree that it isn't acceptable to let this happen & contribute a % into a "fighting fund" to aid these clubs.It is unfortunate that nowadays fans can follow any team they choose & see most of the games on TV,There has got to be more promotion of local clubs to win back real fans & re-introduce the local pride of supporting your team no matter what division they are in,not easy in this day & age!

6. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The EPL should set up a fund to assist the lower divisions. Of course it would help if the lower division clubs had some decent management, which it appears YCFC didn't have for a period of time.

7. Karma Killer

Karma Killer New Member

Mar 1, 2001
    They've since been saved and are chasing promotion.

8. GMan Eric

GMan Eric Member

Aug 28, 2000
    The Brougham End
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All the same, I sent in 20 quid to help out.

9. JoBeck

JoBeck New Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Wesschessduh
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks to everybody who helped!

York City Supporters Trust will take over the club! Go to www.saveyork.co.uk for more info

10. patrickm

patrickm New Member

May 3, 2003
    usa
    i've been to york. it is a great city. i could live there. i was theren 2 years ago. what a great city. good luck to the club.

11. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone have a link to the new badge?

12. mackem_ftm

mackem_ftm New Member

Jun 8, 2002
    York
    i live here. it is indeed a great city. i feel like a bit of a muppet cos i've been here since october and haven't been to see them once.