YNT-eligible lower-division pro players: 2018/19 Offseason thread

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Luksarus

Luksarus Member

United States
    Jul 27, 2018
    It is true. At some point he was on the same level as Pulisic or Wright

kba4life1, Sombrerito and ussoccer97531 repped this.
  2. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
  4. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Oh, I didn't see that one coming. That's interesting...…………………….

5. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas

Comment from Buzz about a player I know @ussoccer97531 has said good things about in the past. Exactly what FCD/NTSC needs: another central midfielder.

Imanol Almaguer knocked my socks off. In the first half, he was the only Academy player with NTXSC who I didn't recognize. Once he went back to the u19s and put on his #2 I was floored. Almaguer has always been a solid outside back. Today he played as a central linking type mid... and was amazing. Great feet, great awareness, quick to turn out of danger, great at linking with teammates. What a transformation. I need to dig into which coach made this change with Almaguer.

6. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    If they are going to keep misusing Tessman, he should leave.

#19 is Veloz, #42 is Jon. Gomez. Veloz isn't very good. He's been filling in for the injured Escribano recently with the U-17's.

8. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tom Collingsworth and Luksarus repped this.
  11. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I like that Colorado is making more of an effort to give young players a chance, but I don't understand some of their choices here with the young domestics in their squad. Vines looks virtually like a NP to me. He looks a lot more like he should be in USL than Hundley. I think they are giving Bassett a lot more time than he's earned (not that I'm complaining). Hundley had a good preseason, and was dominant in college soccer last season. For a team that struggles to create attacking chances, I don't know why he was sent to USL.

12. kba4life1

kba4life1 Member+

Jul 14, 2010
    Irvine, CA
    I know it’s a highlight video, and some of these clips are from practice, but Hundley scores a bevy of bangers here. Tough to tell which is his dominant foot as he appears to be quite comfortable with both.

13. Luksarus

Luksarus Member

United States
    Jul 27, 2018
    Maybe Hudson prefers that Hundley took a win more experience playing with Colorado Springs where I think he should be an undisputed starter. Bassett had some good games and the coach spoke very good things about him and I think that unlike Hundley, Bassett can give you a game a little more defensive and ball recovery. Something that cost Hundley a lot and I think it must be one of his few shortcomings is that he is a player who does not collaborate with the defensive game and is very small physically (although several times he showed that with his dribble that was not much problem) and the MLS increasingly is a game of great physical intensity.
    It is strange in turn because Hudson plays with Mezquida as a # 10 but does not have a specific replacement in his position and Hundley is one of the few in the team that can play there.

14. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Semi off-topic tidbit from the inbox:

SAFC will offer 16 oz. domestic draft beer for just $5, 24 oz. fountain sodas for $2.50, and bottled water for $3 while discounted food items include $3 nachos, $3 hot dogs, and a pretzel or popcorn for just $2.50 each.
    Couldn't but help consider this as I prepare to feed myself at NYCFC on Sunday...

15. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tom Collingsworth and ChuckMe92 repped this.
  16. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This gives us a glimpse of which Philly youth may get time with Bethlehem.

Unsigned players listed:

Cole Turner '01
    Jack de Vries '02
    Nathan Harriel '01
    Kris Shakes '01
    Shanyder Borgelin '01
    *Tomas Romero '00

*provisionally cap-tied to El Salvador

17. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  18. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    I bet he is left footed.

19. Luksarus

Luksarus Member

United States
    Jul 27, 2018
    I'm excited to see a new season of the USL starting tomorrow. Apparently, this year many more teams will bet on for young Americans, and that is a breakthrough and a great opportunity for the development of players in our country. I am really excited to see more and more young Americans in the teams of both MLS and USL Championship or USL League One.

20. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Houston announced RGVFC's full roster today and has more YNT names on it.

https://www.houstondynamo.com/post/...-roster-prior-opening-usl-championship-season

- RB Andrew Samuels '97, a draft pick

- AM Nico Lemoine '00, described as an academy player, but he must have just been recruited away from the SJ Earthquakes. He's from the East Bay in CA.

- AM Isidro Martinez '97, who played at UTRGV and is from Brownsville.

Two guys on academy contracts:

- GK Osmar Chavero '01

- GK Isaac Acevedo '03

Both are from the RGV. Acevedo has been called into US YNTs before.

21. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to his Instagram profile, Redzic has access to a Bosnian passport, so not part of the EU. I agree he likely stays in the FCD system.

24. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Tacoma won 1-0. They started six YNT-eligibles and brought three off the bench. RGV started four YNT-eligibles.

25. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    starting to think we have a crouching tiger hidden dragon situation with mls and usl in regards to development