YNT-eligible lower-division pro players: 2018/19 Offseason thread

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    #301 Clint Eastwood, Mar 3, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
    Preseason game that was held right after the first team game, which I guess is something that they're planning on doing when possible.

This was against the NTX Rayados of the NTPSL and the good guys won 5-1. As we'd want, all of the FCD first team youngsters that didn't get into the MLS 18, played in this game.

North Texas SC — Kyle Zobeck (Carlos Avilez); Marquinhos Pedroso (Angel Paita), Moises Hernandez, Brecc Evans (Hector Montalvo), Bryan Reynolds; Brandon Servania (Arturo Rodriguez), Alfusainey Jatta (Anthony Bardon), Thomas Roberts; Ricardo Pepi (Mohamed Sesay), Zdenek Ondrasek, David Rodriguez (Oscar Romero).

BTW...…………..Servania played as a 6, and Roberts played as an 8. Good reviews from Buzz on the play of both. Servania assisted a bunch of these goals according to the twitter feed. Lots of comments about how ruthless Pepi has been in front of goal. He's still 15. Gotta keep him in USYNTs because he just has "it."

Scoring Summary:

NTXR: – Christian Okeke 8’

NTSC: Ricardo Pepi 30’

NTSC: – Oscar Romero 49’

NTSC: – Alfusainey Jatta 53’

NTSC: – Ricardo Pepi 54’

NTSC: – Thomas Roberts 60’

ChuckMe92 repped this.
  2. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Servania playing with the reserves, and Cerrillo being in the first team is surprising.

3. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I think @Runhard predicted that.
    It appears that Cerrillo is really impressing folks down there.

Servania also had that injury in the last preseason game against NYRB2 that required him to be substituted. So maybe that has something to do with it.

The twitter feeds of the game indicated that Servania assisted on a bunch of those goals.

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  4. Runhard

Runhard Member+

Barcelona
    United States
    Jul 5, 2018
    Edwin has impressed me for the last few years as one of the most pro ready guys right out of the academy. Will see if he continues to get on the roster but would like to see him play as well in the early part of the season. Servania will get his chances but if he is gone for the US U20 I like Cerillo maybe passing him for good on the depth chart.

5. Hiddy Ho

Hiddy Ho New Member

Dortmund
    Germany
    Feb 5, 2019
    He was trialing in europe (Spain I think) and still may be there. His Homegrown contract with FCD is basically so they can recoup a transfer fee. From what I hear there are conditions in his contract that prevent FCD from interfering with his being away for the purpose of trialing. He will play with FCD when he is available.

6. Runhard

Runhard Member+

Barcelona
    United States
    Jul 5, 2018

I heard he was in Spain on trial after he signed as well and also heard the contract was very Dante friendly in terms of FCD doesn't really control where he trials, what he does, who he signs with, but who knows.

Main question is how does Dante benefit from this? If his main goal is to leave FCD and not to play first team at FCD, why sign at all? Will a euro team be less likely to take him if they have to pay FCD even a nominal transfer fee or would it be better for Dante if he could leave on a free if he never signed with FCD? On the flip side if his interest from EURO teams is not that strong it gives him a fallback to get paid for sticking around in Frisco and trying to make the first team.

Things US kids are going to have to figure out in the new MLS model of signing young kids.

7. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    It seems like a pretty straightforward hedge, perhaps combined with the assumption that whatever experience and exposure he might get could increase his value to potential foreign employers.

8. Runhard

Runhard Member+

Barcelona
    United States
    Jul 5, 2018
    Makes sense but I guess it depends on the transfer fee. It didn't scare off Bayern going after Richards but would Dante have more suitors from Europe if he could leave for free as opposed to it costing the euro team a transfer fee of several hundred K to MLS? Probably means nothing to Euro team as the amounts won't be very big for an unproven 16 year old, but still something to think about.

9. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    My guess is that Sealy and his people thought about it. ;)

I suppose we'll see if they made the right call.

10. Runhard

Runhard Member+

Barcelona
    United States
    Jul 5, 2018
    Best thing is word is the contract is very friendly for Dante. These young HG contracts should be very pliable for these young players and offer them the same chances it appears Dante has, go on trials, have the opportunity to go straight overseas instead of having to spend time in MLS.

If only AC had a player friendly contract maybe he could get out of AT or be on trial right now in Europe. (it all comes back to AC talk)

11. bpet15

bpet15 Member+

Oct 4, 2016
    There probably isn't any thing to scare off potential suitors - the fee won't be high enough to scare off any clubs of decent caliber.

12. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    USSoccerNova, ChuckMe92 and Luksarus repped this.
  14. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Columbus has a lot of very average central defenders. It’s puzzling that they choose to punt for the duration of his loan on the development of the one with potential. They have a better academy than they get credit for, but they’ve yet to show that they have much willingness to use their academy players.

15. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Columbus has the right to recall Keita at any time. It seems reasonable to send him to a lower-division club to help him get his feet wet in the pro game. Hopefully they have chosen a loan partner carefully, and he'll play right away.

Peter Bonetti repped this.
  16. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So much for my dreams of a Abubakar - Aboubacar CB pairing...
    Is there any reason to believe USL League One is a noticeably lower level than USL Championship? I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm genuinely wondering...

Sandon Mibut repped this.
  17. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some USL League One clubs are signing a lot of guys with no professional record, either players who are straight out of college or who have bounced around with a few PDL clubs looking for a pro opportunity. USL Championship club rosters have a much larger group of experienced pros.

I expect that the better League One clubs (which likely includes Richmond) will be indistinguishable from typical Championship clubs, but that other clubs like Orlando City B and a few others will be noticeably worse.

Tom Collingsworth and xbhaskarx repped this.
  18. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    North Texas SC played a scrimmage yesterday against the FCD U19s
    [Unknown academy player was Jorge Almaguer.] NTSC won 2-0 on goals from Dante Sealy and Arturo Rodriguez.

ChuckMe92 repped this.
  19. Luksarus

Luksarus Member

United States
    Jul 27, 2018
    Any ideas about Redzic? Will he continue in the academy and wait for some trial in Europe or will he sign with FC Dallas or North Texas?

20. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I don't have any inside info on that one. We've heard rumors that Redzic has been offered a homegrown deal in the past and turned it down. We've also heard rumors that he has ambitions of heading to Europe. Who knows what to believe People said that about Dante Sealy. I forget which Euro nation Redzic has has the ability to get a passport from. Bosnia, Serbia, something like that.

If we were to make a list of the "next potential NTSC/FCD signings" from the academy, Redzic would be high on the list.

Luksarus repped this.
  21. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
  22. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bosnia and Serbia wouldn't do him any good, as neither are part of the EU. If it's Croatia, on the other hand, that helps.

Tom Collingsworth and Winoman repped this.
  23. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. Luksarus

Luksarus Member

United States
    Jul 27, 2018
    Apparently, from what I saw in an Instagram story, Joe Gallardo '98 was in the Richmond Kickers photo shoot, everything would seem to indicate that he will be with them now.

25. Sombrerito

Sombrerito Member

Arsenal
    United States
    May 6, 2018
    Remember watching him those Nike friendlies and thought he was one of the best prospects on the team. Then that long term injury happened. Hopefully he can get a real shot there

ChuckMe92, xbhaskarx, Winoman and 2 others repped this.