YKPAIHIAH Teams in Europe 2014-15

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by Fedya_Fussball, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Congrats DK Fanz - Super win

2. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Incidentally, this will be the first time since 1992/93 that no English team is in the quarters of the continental competitions.

3. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    DK allows another late equalizer.....typical. Dnipro still has a good chance.

4. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Fiorentina looked to be a team of a much higher class than anyone Dynamo has faces in this year's Europa League...

5. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Maybe so but Dynamo have been able to weather plenty. I would like to think they have enough to squeeze thru to the semis...

6. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Let's hope so. I am personally hoping that the second half performance against Volyn was a sign that Dynamo may be coming out of the hole.

7. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Congrats to Dnipro.

Well done!

8. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They will play Napoli in the Semifinals.

9. Persona

Persona Member

Feb 24, 2014
    Dnipro with a great result today. 1-1 at Napoli. Favourable officiating led them to the result at the end, but they'll be bringing an away goal to Kyiv for the second leg.

10. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Dnipro have a good defense. They will be counting on it once again, at "home".

And, yes, I thought the goal was scored from an offside position. Which is kinda surprising to me personally. Ukrainian clubs have a long history of getting screwed by referees. Especially by Scandinavian referees.

We'll take it, though...

11. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Wow - clear offside IMO

Huge away goal which we'll take!

12. Persona

Persona Member

Feb 24, 2014
    It was one of the most obvious offside calls I have seen in a long time. The linesman must have been sleeping to have missed it.

I'm hopeful the fans in Kyiv will come out and support Dnipro as if they were their own. The run they've been on(and Dynamo to a lesser extent) has been great for Ukrainian football.

13. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Congratulations Dnipro!

Fantastic defensive effort in the 2nd half!

Selezinka again does his stuff! Great goal!

14. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    It's the first UEFA competition final for Dnipro ever (just like it was the first semifinal ever).
    Funny enough, Dnipro are, most likely, only the third best Ukrainian side.

15. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    A most improbable run. Dnipro's defense is stout, but this is a total shock. Douglas, Matos, and Boyko are studs. I take back most of what I have said about The Slug (aka Selezynov).

To FootyFan (the only Dnipro supporter I "know") - I hope this vindicates all those years of futility and frustration.

16. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
  17. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Amen! That team is for real.

Also, Markevich is probably the most in demand coach in all of FSU space right now. That guy is for real too.

I'm happy he hates Dynamo so much that he didn't go there. Would have been a fine waste of talent on his side.

18. JoeTerp

JoeTerp Member

Jul 9, 2007
    USA
    any sense of the split of the fans last night as to how many traveled up and how many were from Kiev and wanted to see a Ukrainian club reach the final?

Also, as far as I know, Dnipropetrovsk seems far enough away from the violence, but I guess they went with a better safe than sorry approach.

19. JoeTerp

JoeTerp Member

Jul 9, 2007
    USA
    Such is the nature of the Europa League. Sevilla are only the 4th or 5th best team from Spain.

20. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I would guess supporters not affiliated with the Dnipro ultras were mostly from Kyiv.

21. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Ever since the Soviet days, Dnipro and Dynamo fans were considered allies. They were further considered allies in Ukrainian Premier League. An average Ukrainian fan is most likely supporting any Ukrainian team in UEFA competition second only to his/her own.

22. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Thanks buddy, the fairy tale just doesn't want to end. Already very proud of them but lifting a Euro Cup with a bonus of Champs League & Super Cup would just complete my Dnipro fandom forever. Could never ask for anything more. Hoping its a fairy tale ending.

I was in Napoli for the game btw I had to go :D My first ever Dnipro game and 1 of the main Dnipro capos was wearing a fukin Indianapolis Colts hat, my adopted home in the U.S. and a team I'm hugely passionate about. Insane coincidence it doesn't make any sense lol...destiny. It was written.
    [​IMG]

I didn't realize he didn't like Dynamo how did you know? Saw this pic later on today after seeing you say that lol its hilarious now! Even more funny since our clubs are supposed to be very close to each other :D
    [​IMG]

yasik19 repped this.
  23. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    FootyFan where do you think Konoplyanka will move this summer? Who would you replace him with?:D

24. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    About to start! Best of luck for Dnipro!

25. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Fedetsky started a beautiful play
    Fantastic team play and so direct!