Yinka Dare dead at 32.

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by skipshady, Jan 11, 2004.

1. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
  2. microbrew

microbrew New Member

Jun 29, 2002
    NJ
  3. MyHouse!

MyHouse! Member

Mar 12, 2000
    Tallahassee
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do recall him, of course, because I am a GW alum (Class of 92)

He was a quiet but nice guy the few times I spoke to him. It was too bad that he left early because GW would have had some great teams with him but also he would have learned more and had a better NBA career. But then again, he got paid and helped his family so who am I to judge.

Anyway, GW fans will remember the good times while he was there and mourn the loss of a man who dies too soon.

4. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I also remember him. he was very good in college, but headed to NBA too early. he was one of the player I wanted to be drafted on my team, but the Net got him first.

5. MyHouse!

MyHouse! Member

Mar 12, 2000
    Tallahassee
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Atlantic-10 was going to be the next big conference around that time. Marcus Camby had just arrived at UMass and Temple was doing well.

I remember Yinka being compared to Patrick Ewing partly because they attended the same high school and Mike Jarvis had coached Ewing there. I wonder how good he could have become with 1 or 2 more years of college, but I imagine his medical condition affected the decision to go pro early.

7. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    I was just thinking of him today, no lie.

ESPN seems to be having a poll for their 25th year on the all-time starting five from each conference.

Once they got to the A-10, I was thinking Dare.