Yi: St. Trond - Antwerp 3/22 [R]

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by FlamingTroll, Mar 22, 2003.

1. FlamingTroll

FlamingTroll Member

Nov 13, 2002
    http://www.sportmagazine.be/fr/uitslagen/details.asp?speeldagid=26&matchid=3011

Not sure if the above works without registering, but Alex Yi apparently got the start in a league match today lost by Antwerp 1-0. He is rated 5 in this summary with his teammates splitting 5s and 6s. He got a yellow at 22 minutes and was subbed in the 63'. The goal was scored in the first minute. One would imagine the substitution could have been tactical.

2. Nogra Rover

Nogra Rover New Member

Mar 30, 2000
    Bethesda, MD
    It works. I'm assuming the higher rating the better. Is this Yi's first start? If so, good for him. I hope Antwerp sticks with him.

3. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
  4. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. BuffloSoldier

BuffloSoldier BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
    Someone's hacked SA's site, soccerfan.

Settle the hell down.

6. Scrandal

Scrandal Member

Nov 5, 2001
    Charlotte, NC
    Two Starts in Two Weeks?

..encouraging. Did the SA article make any comment about why he was playing, how he is doing, etc. And forgive the laziness but how is Royal sitting in the Belgian 1st division standings.

Buff-don't forget to take him out of the bottom rung of your column. Yes a step up for Alex, although a small step. :)

7. FlamingTroll

FlamingTroll Member

Nov 13, 2002
    My apologies for not looking more closely at the date for my citation. It looks like this site is at least a week behind but it is the only place I've found that lists the players in the summaries for Belgian league games. I'll keep an eye out to see when they post the summary of yesterday's game.

8. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    :rolleyes:

see buff's post

9. FlamingTroll

FlamingTroll Member

Nov 13, 2002
  10. dheck

dheck Member

Sep 20, 1999
    Chapel Hill, NC, USA
    Re: Yi: take 2

The Royal Antwerp site says he was on the bench, but did not come on. Antwerp made one sub just before Lokeren's winning goal was scored and two after. I'm sure these were tactical offensive subs, so it can't be surprising that Yi wasn't one of them.

Click here.

The report from the St. Truiden match mentions Yi, so if someone can translate that would be great.