Yet another reason the Krafts don't care

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by Andy_B, Oct 1, 2003.

1. Andy_B

Andy_B Member+

Feb 2, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here is an article on the Revs radio play by play guy

http://www.boston-metro.com/page.php?pgname=sports_mediablitz0924

This ass wipe continually rips the sport on one of the most popular morning shows on radio and now has done it in print.

And the Kraft's continue to pay this guy.

If his last name looks familiar, it should.

Andy

2. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great. A guy who doesn't like soccer doing soccer games.

Maybe they should have me do NBA games.

Do the Krafts really pay him though or does FSNE and / or WEEI?

And this begs the question: Just who the hell is paying Ty Keough?

Maybe if they just stop paying him, he'll go away.

3. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    As Quakes fans we've been saying this forever, the Krafts don't give a crap about soccer. Thank God we got rid of them before they totally destroyed soccer in San Jose.

4. Andy_B

Andy_B Member+

Feb 2, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All local radio and tv are time buys by the Kraft's. As such I believe the Kraft's are responsible for paying their announcers.

Meterparel even mentions that he works for the Kraft's, so it must be their names on the checks.

Andy

5. Sam the Butcher

Sam the Butcher New Member

Sep 20, 2001
    Highlands Ranch, CO.
    Who is the biggest idiot I wonder, him or his sister.

6. Davids26

Davids26 Member

May 31, 2000
    Ever seen Office Space?

7. Hoje

Hoje New Member

Jun 9, 2003
    LA
    a lot of down time in soccer? I'd like to hear him do a pbp out of curiosity. As any fan knows, half time is the only time to run to the fridge and bathroom and do other errands.

8. Fuegofan

Fuegofan Member+

Feb 17, 2001
    Chicago
    Re: Re: Yet another reason the Krafts don't care

During the Champions League final 2002, a study was done on water consumption in Madrid. It was way low, and dropping as the game went on. Then half-time hit. Water consumption (read: toilets flushing) soared. Game restarted, dropped off again. Game ended, water consumption way up for another 15 minutes, before slowly leveling off to normal levels.

9. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    What's sad is that someone had to study it to come to that conclusion.

10. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Have you guys seen John Meterparel ? He has a widows peak style hair cut he looks like a Jewish vampire. He and those other 2 guys he works with on that morning radio show are 3 of the biggest assclowns in Boston sports radio. One of them even got suspended recently for making a racist comment on the air.

11. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, Meterparel gets ripped pretty regularly over on the Revs forum. I say this without exaggeration, he has got to be the absolute worst sports p-b-p announcer for a pro or college team since the invention of radio.

He called one game in KC from a studio, but was nattering on about airline connections and steak house/BBQ places, and talked about the weather. Look, no one has a problem if it's done in a studio--happens a lot in soccer, but don't lie about it. People might have given him a pass on that, but he blabbers on and on about--well, anything other than the game itself--while it's going on.

Firing him is too good for him--he deserves to be taken out in the forest and disemboweled with a wooden kitchen spoon.

Tom

PS--John Dennis, his pal on the morning show was suspended for another 2 weeks. He likened a gorilla who had escaped from the local zoo to a "Metco student." Metco is a program that sends inner-city (mostly minority) students to largely white suburban high schools.

12. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I think I've heard that guy when my wife and I were on Cape Ann. He's seriously deluded if he thinks he's a competent soccer announcer. I couldn't listen to him. Of course, I've been spoiled with the Pittsburgh Riverhounds. Still the point remains that if he's worse than guys doing A-League matches, Sean McDonough doesn't need to worry.