YES Soccer Announcers

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by copaantl98, Apr 18, 2003.

1. copaantl98

copaantl98 Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Does anyone know the name of the two announcers doing the Manchester United games on YES? Now if many of you like the British style of commentary, then you probably haven't heard these two fools. I was watching the Man U v. Newcastle and Man U v. Arsenal. Every foul that Man U committed on the opposing team was considered a dive by these two announcers. Every foul committed by the opposing team was a bookable offense by these two. Every normal pass by Man U was considered a spectacular pass by them. Every great pass by Newcastle or Arsenal was considered poor quality by them. All of you British commentating fans are saying that all British commentating is the best? We know that Jack, Ty, and Rob are biased. But these guys just go beyond. They are 100 times more biased. Oh yeah, and no emotion from those two whatsoever.

2. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    I would think they would be biased. I mean, it IS Man United TV.

3. cosmosRIP

cosmosRIP Member

Jul 22, 2000
    Brooklyn NY
    Isn't Paddy Crerand one of the announcers? I've never really watched one of these telecasts but if they're anything like the webcasts on manutd.com they are completely biased, but what do you expect?

4. copaantl98

copaantl98 Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Obviously they will be biased. But this isn't just slight biased. This beyond what anyone can imagine.

5. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well if they're not biased, then Steinbrenner will fire them.

6. Elder Statesman

Mar 29, 2002
    Central Park South,
    I don't know if you can compare them to Jack Edwards? Are they dorks? Do they make ridiculous analogies?

7. copaantl98

copaantl98 Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Yes they are dorks. Yes they make riduclous analogies. Third, Jack rules and make great analogies.

8. Maczebus

Maczebus New Member

Jun 15, 2002
    As others have said, this was Man Utd tv, what do you expect?
    No one said that all British announcers were perfect and unbiassed.
    For all of you who can listen to local rado from here when there's a local match on - you'll find plenty of bias there too. It's all about what the commentators are there for. On a channel like MUTV, or the local radio stations, the commentators take the role of football 'buddy' sitting next to you. It's all fun and to be taken by the impartial with a portion of salt. These are not impartial people.
    You want more impartiality? Watch a better channel, they get better the further up you go - though I still haven't figured out what ITV's excuse for being crap is yet.

9. bocatuna

bocatuna New Member

Aug 8, 2002
    England
    Re: Re: YES Soccer Announcers

There can be no excuse for what ITV have done to football.

10. copaantl98

copaantl98 Member

Apr 9, 2002
    With all the people praising the British commetators, they sure as heck made it sound like all British commentators were perfect.

11. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    It's the style that people like, not necessarily the practioners thereof, silly. You can do something in a certain style and still suck.

12. cafrine

cafrine New Member

Oct 13, 2002
    is GONE
    See the following "punk" bands:
    Blink182
    good charlotte
    simple plan
    new found glory
    etc.etc.etc.

13. Cantona

Cantona Member

Jul 12, 1999
    Texas/Luton/Manc
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    ill take a british commentator any day of the week... i agree the ManUTV commentators are crap..but that is not representative of the core, true home announcers of ITV,BBC, and SKY.. any one of these announcers put to shame anything the U.S. commentators have to offer... the core announcers are far.... far ... better than anything FSW has to offer.... im still in disbelief in the choice of mumbling alan hopkins as to toby on the games for the Bundesliga.... what a waste... they even have the feed available.... I wish they would have the home commentators on the foreign games..let the hopkins and bretos crew do the MLS since thats what masses in the US want.... for me ... ill pay for the choice of having the home commentators vs fsw bantor

Cantona---

14. Maczebus

Maczebus New Member

Jun 15, 2002
    The praise, I'm guessing, must arise from the fact that they are generally considered better than their US counterparts - perfection is a long way from all of our grasps, British commentators included.

Even the ones that you don't like, will know their onions and do a far better job of commentating than some of those in the US. From the reviews of the 'MLS wrap' programme on the US boards that I've seen - even getting the names right seems to be a task some cannot master.
    For all their bias, the UK commentators that you've taken a dislike to, will know what they're talking about to a certain level - past that level there lies subjectivity, and that's what you don't like.
    Knowledge isn't lacking, passion however abounds.

15. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Is it, like, New England Revolution announcers biased? Or not that bad?

16. copaantl98

copaantl98 Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Never heard the New England announcers. As for announcers, American announcers are the best.