Yes, Let's get rid of the families!!!

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by He's In Fashion, Jul 29, 2002.

1. He's In Fashion

Jan 7, 2000
    Littlefun, CO, US
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like I said Littlemy, they're the first to be defended, and what's sad, is it's being done by someone like yourself. You too are the problem, because you don't care, and you want the stands whored out to families that don't care as well.

Yeah, you're totally right, I'm exclusionary to passive, conservative fans that do nothing to support their team, and enjoy the library type atmosphere they generate at the games. You're the genius, because you obviously have it all figured out, you've offered so many solutions in this thread... OH WAIT!!!! I forgot, you have no problem with the joke of a crowd the Rapids are bringing in... OK status quo it is for you, ENJOY!!!

2. LittleMy

LittleMy Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Apparently you can't edit posts after 144 minutes.

Whose bright idea was that?

Anyway, my last post was ugly and uncalled-for and I apologize. Everyone, including Fashion, is entitled to his own opinion, and while his manner of expressing it leaves a lot to be desired, that does not entitle me to call him names.

I stand by my original sentiment, however, that there is room in the stadium for ALL kinds of fans. Those who don't like it might be better served to find their soccer fix elsewhere.

3. Tigerstyle

Tigerstyle New Member

Nov 2, 2001
    My final thought:

I'm thrilled to see that we have fans and Season Ticket Holders as passionate about the game as He's In Fashion appears to be, even though I dissagree with his argument.

I do have a problem with He's In Fashion telling other people on these boards to go ****************** themselves. That shows a remarkable lack of class and instantly devalues anything he might say.

peace.

4. He's In Fashion

Jan 7, 2000
    Littlefun, CO, US
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a nice way of taking the soft option Tiger...

Yeah, I lack class because this thread has prompted discussion (one of the most interesting and entertaining and possibly constuctive in recent memory on these boards!), and even spawned a new thread. Amazing, proactivity! and once again, it's grassroots efforts from the fans, having to call and complain, or organize themselves through bulletin boards. We're not the ones with the databases, ability to survey, or anything close.

I call it like I see it, it pisses people off, so I lack class. Spare me your holier than thou attitude, are you saying you're more intellegent because you think you can play Ghandi from your computer, being a verbal martyr!? what!? what's your deal? I'm waiting for you to list all the glorious things you've come up with to help the atmosphere at Invesco?????????

If all you have to offer is to say I have no class, then fine, you're everything I thought you are. If you read the first post, you'd realize that my statements were directed at NO ONE IN PARTICULAR, if it struck a nerve and angered you, then I hit the mark I was aiming for. I didn't call anyone names until I was called the genius and brainless and many other clever names. So don't try and make me some boogie man, I'm just an angry fan, voicing my disgust at the ways things go down. That is my right. If you feel the need to call me names, great, I'm not a sally that can't handle it. Apparently some people here are, even after they decide to shoot first. That speaks volumes of their character, run your mouth and then run. I'm still waiting for some concrete answers...

5. GreatZar

GreatZar Member

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Mar 29, 1999
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, it hasn't really helped discuss the issues. It's been a rant and name calling thread.

Soccer can't survive in the US unless it persuades more mainstream Americans to come and enjoy a match. MLS needs to find out how to make core fans happy and be appealing to soccer moms (and their families).

LittleMy didn't need to be called names to make your point HIF. I wish the Rapids board could be a bit more civil than the rest of BigSoccer...

6. smudgeyjoe

smudgeyjoe Member

Dec 15, 2001
    Westminster Colorado
    The End!!!!!

It's time to bring this thread to an end. Fashion was upset when he posted. While not feeling quite as angry, I have at times wished that the black and blue balloons weren't there, and weren't attached to kids who spent the match hitting each other instead of watching. Everyone got carried away, but I think every poster wishes for the same thing, that soccer would get it's proper place in the scheme of things. I pray that will happen someday, but until then, we are going to need to be a united voice praising soccer whenever we get the chance. Let's pull together and calmly let the management know that we'd like to see a slightly different atmosphere. Nothing will happen yet, but eventually, things might change. In between times, we might as well all be soccer loving compatriots. Bring on those flags. Maybe I could paint my wife green, and bring her on a PVC pole. Maybe not, I'd probably find the PVC somewhere else later.

Go Raps!!!!!