Yes, But Is This Evil?

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Lockjaw, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Vicente del Bosque has launched a scathing attack on the directors of Real Madrid.

The former Real trainer blasted: "I have been associated with this club for 35 years, but this year they have not had the courtesy to even invite me to the director's box. They had no problem entertaining Tom Cruise there last week. But me, no."

"They have not had the courtesy or politeness to invite me. They have acted in a very evil, very evil way."

Del Bosque also rapped: "I am not upset not because I was sacked by them. I am upset because they have not been gentlemen."

"When Makelele left, they said he could only pass ten metres. When Fernando Redondo left, they called him a cancer. When Mr Queiroz left, they said he should never have been signed. And when it was myself, they said they wanted a more modern coach."

"In total, they have not treated the people who have done so much for Real Madrid with the respect and courtesy they deserve. Just like Fernando Hierro, one the game's true gentlemen."

http://www.realmadrid.dk/news/article/default.asp?newsid=5501

2. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Vicente del Bosque is a legend with the club, but he is also the coach of a Turkish club. Besiktas is not a real rival, but it is not right for the coach of another team to sit in the director box. It will create some rumors about him and Real Madrid. It will be an unhealthy distruction for the team. I do not think Besiktas is happy with him sitting in the Real Madrid box either.

3. Lockjaw

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good point. I read another article where RM said Tom Cruise was David Beckham's guest, not the club's.

It sounds to me that del Bosque is jealous over GR's success. The way that Perez got rid of him was not good, but that was 18 months ago. Now is the time for del Bosque to shut up.

4. PYordan

PYordan New Member

Aug 31, 2002
    Pamplona, Spain
    García Remon's success? Did I miss something?

5. anirbanblah

anirbanblah New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    India
    Good point Escape Goat buty can't disagree with VDB on the treatment of Hierro and Redondo, and also the comments about Queiroz and Makalele.
    I just wish sometimes Perez showed a little more class

6. Lockjaw

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ha ha ha. But at that, he has lasted longer than Camacho.

7. Bernabeu

Bernabeu Member

Oct 16, 2004
    Madrid, España
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Del Bosque is, as usual, absolutely right. This man may not be a brilliant person, but his common sense is exceptional.

We don't know what he could have said, demanded or done to be treated this way, but his curriculum is the best in the world in this moment among all active trainers, and not only that but he was always a gentleman, reconducted Real Madrid from a crisis lasting a decade and worked on a low salary basis for such a difficult task, never causing any trouble and being adored by all his players.

I tend to believe to those who have proved such behavior in their lives. Florentino is a superb president, but has made some mistakes concerning exactly what Del Bosque says about him and other ex-members of the team.

Del Bosque should be our own Ferguson and stay there for good.

8. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Del Bosque brought up a good point when he said that they decided to fire him, only to get a trainer like him (Remon) in the end to take over the club.

Madrid then responded with THIS, where it's pointed out that Del Bosque put away the possibility to get a new contract earlier that season. So I guess, it's not all Madrid's fault. Even though I don't think anybody would agree with the way they treated a coach that not only spend such a long time in the club, but also got the trophies.

I have to agree with the sentiment that Del Bosque should just stop talking about this though, or rather not go into the questions that are being asked about him leaving Madrid. Because he does come off as a whiner.

9. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I am also with you on VDB's views on the treatment of past coaches or players. But Oscar is right. VDB did sound liked a whiner.... he probably isn't so.

BTW, I saw Tom Cruise in a la liga game a few years ago. I cannot remember the team, but I believed it was Barcelona. He was making MI2 in Spain back then. He might be with Penelop Cruz back then.