Yerry Mina - News & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by pepinointer, May 1, 2016.

1. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I've been super impressed with Allan until today. Hopefully this is just a blip as it was his first game back after injury and then the break.

2. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I noticed today that when the Everton and Liverpool player crashed against one another, Mina pushed his own teammate against him.

I'll be honest: Mina needs to change his behavior on the pitch as I feel that he's not as disciplined as I would have preferred. His poor clearance and they capitalizing on his mistake was a much needed humbling moment for him.

Not only that, his attitude at times is concerning.

Furnaccio repped this.
  3. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Mina is extremely inconsistent, something we have been saying here for over a year - plays like a world XI against Brighton one week; two weeks later against Liverpool - has a very questionable game. I know it’s liverpool, but the clearances could have been better or more thought out.

Missed the game yesterday but am watching now. Mina wasn’t thaaaat terrible I would have probably given him a 5.5 instead of 4.8 Futmob score.

Everton played well against arguably one of the best teams in the world and held their own.

If Everton wants to vie for some trophies, they will need to beef up the roster - once there are more 2x games a week, the players will get tired by march

Azucarero repped this.
  4. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Mina just needs coaching and will continue to get better. I just want him to keep getting minutes.

We are so much better when he plays for the NT. I think he's the best CB in our hemisphere or will be with time.

I don't think we will continue to see the lazy backheel clear. I also think most CBs aren't going to look their best when the first line in midfield gets housed like Evertons did in the first half yesterday. It will be OK.

Doogs, dapip and HomietheClown repped this.
  5. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Best CB in our hemisphere?
    I do like the sound of that.

6. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don't know. Maybe Uruguay has better but I rate Mina a lot. He makes mistakes for his clubs from time to time but he is so good in the NT kit. Lifts the whole team.

7. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    There aren’t many top flight CBs right now, so that should make Mina move closer to the top. In our hemisphere, Silva, Godin and Otamendi are past their prime, and Marquihnos, Gimenez and many others are not substantially better.

Even including Europe, other than Ramos, van Dyke and maybe Varane, there aren’t many defenders that are noticeably better than Mina or Sanchez.

8. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    in our continent brasil always have central back..........for example the star of the final of europa league was diego carlos of sevilla. in colombia would easily be contender of the startting team

also felipe of atletico have a good level.

in the world nederland have the best central backs: van djik best defender of EPL; De vrij best defender of serie a.........and then you have de light and ake.

and dont forget about italians......romagnoli and bonucci is a very decent pair.

ryu79 and dapip repped this.
  9. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    All true. I just think with his scoring Mina would probably play in the Scratch too. He was a big favorite playing in their league.

I say Uruguay because their CBs have been so good for so long (I think they played together at club level too, right? That helps).

I also think the language is an issue with Mina. You can tell the guy is just a natural leader and people gravitate toward him. Must be so hard in UK for a guy who thrives off that stuff. James being there will be huge for him.

10. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    The scoring and offensive presence puts him up at the top with the Holland guys for me.

But what really seals the deal is his dance moves. No one is better at CB or any position.

dapip and ryu79 repped this.
  11. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Mina diving like a little bitch...seriously he tried to make it seem as if the player he was defending against had hit him against the face.

12. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    not on peacock yet

13. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Makes you wonder what is even the point if it doesn't show a good amount of these PL matches; I am just gonna watch on my normal streaming site.

14. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    im hoping they'll upload it later like last time

15. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Very questionable penalty.

16. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Everton down a goal.

17. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Everton have a huge drop-off without both James and Richarlison. Those two run everything, Calvert-Lewin is great at finishing with service and the rest of the team is basically complimentary to create the conditions for those guys, today they were really poor, almost like Colombia during the Pekerman years ultra defensive without James and no creativity.

dapip and J-Mezzy repped this.
  18. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    And Yerri got scored on ugly. Hopefully can have a nice game against Yunai before coming home for the Nov games.

19. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No love today for Mina. At least he can’t be scapegoated today for the two goals United have so far

HomietheClown repped this.
  20. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    James has insane vison....
    He just doesn’t have the players to make a difference for him

Digne and Coleman have made some insane runs today

Furnaccio repped this.
  21. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Everton playing like Colombia right now

pass to falcao or James and pray. No one else has the balls to shoot so just pass it back to your goalie instead and hope you don’t get counter attacked

22. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Very well said. This is going to be a theme as the season goes on and Everton faces teams that have deeper rosters and more talent

Azucarero repped this.
  23. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    They really missed Mina today. No threat on set pieces and the back line was abused.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  24. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Without Richarlison to give them width and a constant moving target for him, James and the whole team suffer

25. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    On set pieces, definitely. That's why they played a couple corners short.

I can't for a second say that the defense would be any better with Mina...