Yerry Mina - News & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by pepinointer, May 1, 2016.

1. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Had a good game overall, Sanchez went 1v1 vs Richarlison the whole game and gave the guy nightmares, both showed well. Its funny to contrast how differently the two are, Mina is a complete character he shit talks he pulls jersey's, he tries to get into the oppositions head and he is very good with the ball and always wants it. Davinson lets his opponent talk and he just goes about his job, never backing down but not really getting into the back and forth like Mina does, also not as good on the ball and doesn't want it as much. Together as a pair they compliment each other so well with each having different traits.

2. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    yep, agreed. Davidson does have some mind farts that get him in trouble on the field.

One thing that troubled me was Yerry's last 10 minutes. He looked like he was playing thru pain. He was limping and looked like he had 1 more minute tops. On the + side - His header should have led to a PK for Everton, so he's still a force in air. His switch of attack to Digne was perfectly placed for Digne's assist on that tying goal.

3. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Yeah you could definitely tell he was playing through pain, they say its just a pain issue and its not serious so hopefully that's the case. Mina has been really unlucky not to have a few goals this season, its gonna come. Overall Everton haven't been bad but they've been rather unlucky and they lack a natural CF to get the job done, they could actually do with a player like Morelos and allow Richarlison to play wide where he looks best. Overall I like the coach and think if they give him time they'll come good and Mina seems to be asserting himself more and more as a key player and leader for the team.

4. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I don't disagree with your assessment but Silva has his days numbered. He's spent a lot of money for the club and while no one was expecting CL spots, at the very least a top 7 finish should be in the books. Instead they are close to relegation zone. And while Gomes is no James, he was a decent MF. Now with the sickening injury, they will have very little creativity in MF.
    Morelos would fit in very well.

pepinointer repped this.
  5. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Soccer is such a weird sport, they've had a few games with red cards which really skews things and a few unlucky bounces and all of a sudden you are losing a bunch of games, but the product overall I think has been pretty good, Davies isn't bad so could help fill the loss of Gomes, either way hopefully they get it together, I think they likely will if given enough time.

6. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Mina is a black injury prone Yepes
    Sanchez is a tall black Córdoba

Sanchez like Córdoba is fast enough to fix his mistakes. Let’s hope with age his mind fks stop happening and he doesn’t have to retire as soon a s he stops being fast

7. lvbeto

lvbeto Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So what does skin color have anything to do with your comparisons?

You could have said Mina is an injury prone Yepes. Sanchez is fast like Cordoba.

Not sure why you felt you had to start with skin color.

ryu79, J-Mezzy and pepinointer repped this.
  8. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    What ever feel they are similar to our previous players. Yerry needs to work on his weight and gain muscle. Maybe can help with his injuries

Sanchez hopefully has less mind farts. He seems like a much better new version or Córdoba or Perea. He has time to become better defensively. My worry with him is he he is Kind of brutal tackling with his shoulders. In the friendly think he made Neymar or Messi fly. In a real game in South America they would have given him a red or a pk

9. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I pretty much agree with your analysis. I said the same about Mina hitting the gym during his injury plagued season last campaign. He was having 50+ game seasons to start his career and things took a turn once he had that injury in palmeiras before going to Barca.

I would love to see him have a 35-40 game campaign this season.

Davinson - Also agree. I think you are referring to the Neymar bump - that was a foolish; on the whole Davinson has been solid but he’s made several questionable mistakes at times but he’s been improving overall. I think he needs to be a better defensive leader and bring his CB partner up to his level rather than regresa to their level.

I know some here don’t like it when I say this but VAR saved Davinson in the Senegal game and I want to say there was a favorable VAR call during the England game too but at this point I try to block out that day from my memory like a bad girlfriend LOL.

There had been games in the past where Davinson played questionable and many of us here passed the blame to his CB partner (Oscar, Jeison, Tesillo). Pretty soon, that justification won’t suffice.

I just would hate for Davinson to wind up 8 years from now and end his NT career the way Amaranto Perea did. But like I said, Davinson has been showing good signs of making progress and being a defensive boss!

10. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Noticed Mina was not even on the bench today.
    After consulting with my friend google it seems like he is injured (again).

Hopefully nothing too serious this time around.

11. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    I think it was a knock and I thought I heard he was training yesterday, so it sounds like its probably not to serious and with such a short turn over is probably precautionary.

HomietheClown repped this.
  12. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    is Everton happy with Mina o is there a lot of questions around him?
    He tends to be a starter from what i seen this morning

13. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Silva was happy with him, but there's a new manager, so we really don't know. He'll be used if available, since this is the EPL's busiest season (8 games in 3 and a half weeks). After that we'll see.

14. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    but the new manager is really an interim manager right? I mean it helps he won his 1st match specially vs a top rated opponent but I think Everton are still shopping for a new DT.

15. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'm not sure if they're aiming for the winter break, since only people fired by other clubs would be available for the most part (ok pooch is available but he's not going to Everton).

Besides, I think that Everton has a squad to fight for 6th place (possible Europa League spot) but Silva was over-thinking the matches and the opponents instead of implementing a system that maximized his squad's potential; if the current manager succeeds by Keeping it Simple (hard defensive 4-4-2, solid counterattacks, good tactics in corners and free kicks), he could very well stay on the job.

16. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Mina have been one of the best players this season...despite the bad results of silva

17. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Agreed. Much better than last season for sure. And without Zouma to compete against and Keane who can be a disaster, Mina should get his spot back.

pepinointer repped this.
  18. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Yeah Mina has been one of their better performers this season. Honestly Everton really have been getting very unlucky, their numbers aren't bad but they've got some bad breaks. He's been their best Centerback for sure, it will be interesting to see who the permanent manager is, but honestly they weren't doing that bad at all and were very unlucky, underlying stats were good.

19. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I disagree. I mean, yeah, Mina has played rather well, but the team under Silva was consistently bad, specially against weak teams. We know that the Toffees don't have the squad to beat ManCity or Liverpool but they lost games against teams fighting for relegation (Aston Villa, Watford, Bournemouth, Norwich) and Silva tinkered too much with his lineups and tactics. They are also among the lowest scoring sides in the EPL and only teams in the relegation area allow more goals than them.

kromekote and pepinointer repped this.
  20. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    There is a ton of variance in goals scored that break both ways, they've also had a bunch of red cards that have screwed them in games. Their xG for the season is 23.63 xG against 20.81 for an expected point haul of 24.42 they are underperforming all 3 metrics and have better numbers offensively and defensively for every team above them up until United with Wolves and Sheffield United very slightly better xGA. That's not a coaches fault, your job is to stop teams from creating chances and figure out ways for your side to create chances, he's done both well and his numbers are just about where you'd expect a team of that calibre to be. His attacking numbers and chance creation are better then Arsenal and Tottenham and Everton do not have anywhere near the calibre of attackers of those sides. If Silva wasn't fired I'd imagine the results over time would normalize, also their recent game they looked good but they played a completely different style that caught Chelsea off guard, in the future playing a 4-4-2 simple style with long balls and playing very direct won't catch teams off guard and it becomes easy to stop when teams know its coming.

21. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    kromekote, sidspaceman, villus and 3 others repped this.
  22. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    It was only a matter of time.
    He had gone a while without a goal so he was due for a couple.
    [​IMG]

villus, J-Mezzy and Furnaccio repped this.
  23. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yup woke up to 2 yerry mina goals, wasn't expecting that

jay luis repped this.
  24. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    just saw the 2 goals, second one is sort of a weak header but he managed to lose his marker fairly easily.

1st one is a bit luckier, just a scramble in the box and he manages to poke it in

25. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Where the party at tonight!! Woop woop!!

IMG_9134.png

sidspaceman repped this.