Yedlin all games PBP

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by bungadiri, Dec 27, 2020.

1. oscar_in_fw

oscar_in_fw Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Kansas City
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It looks like Leicester keeps working his side of the field.

2. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The ball hits Yedlin’s hand in the box on a FK whipped in. Yedlin’s doesn’t know too much about it nor could have moved his hand. Ball to hand. Unintentional. Good no-call on the call.

3. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Leicester a few scores later get the ball, Newacastle are slow to close down at the top of the box and Leicester fire one home. 2-0.

4. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was OK to OK+. His passing in the midfield was too ambitious and he turned the ball over too much. His passing in the final third was pretty good. He still gives guys he's marking 1v1 too much space.

Bajoro repped this.
  5. Dervos

Dervos Member+

Mar 13, 2002
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Yedlin's playing in extra time vs Arsenal. Worth tuning in just for his hair.

bungadiri and Winoman repped this.
  6. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Starts!

[​IMG]

Winoman repped this.
  7. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    [​IMG]

Dervos and Winoman repped this.
  8. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Today's look ...

[​IMG]

Winoman repped this.
  9. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    OK, not great performance from Yedlin from what I've seen through 37 minutes. Lost his mark a couple of times, couple of turnovers, a couple of all-out sprints into the counterattack where he looked like the fastest man on the field, including one where he made a nice pass at a full sprint to Callum Wilson that could have been a glorious assist.

Newcastle don't want to be the Hoffenheim to Sheffield's Schalke here - lucky for them the Blades didn't quickly run out and sign Hoppe.

TimB4Last repped this.
  10. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    God, when I'm too focused in on Yedlin, his tendency to not quite guard people makes me crazy. I can't unsee it now.

11. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Ryan Fraser second yellow card in three minutes and Newcastle may be down a man for the whole second half. Newcastle already in a pretty defensive formation.

12. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know, I have watched N'castle games a few times and with the 5 across the back, I've seen the guy playing the opposite wing back role do exactly the same type of marking as Yedlin. I don't know that this is the way they are supposed to play, but I wonder if it is how they have been asked to play. I wouldn't know why they would want to invite the cross, but it sure seemed like that was how they were having both flank defenders play in previous games.

TimB4Last repped this.
  13. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is disastrous for a team like N'castle, but good thing they are playing Shiitefield United. They can't do anything right.

14. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One would think that they might sacrifice the back 5 for a flat back four and another midfielder, so Yedlin's # might be up.

15. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    I'm very curious to see how aggressively they play for the win down a man. I'd be tempted to still go for it hard against this Sheffield team. No halftime subs, but Almiron, Carroll, and Joelinton are all over there if they want to go for the win.

ttrevett repped this.
  16. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess ol' Stevie is good with what he's got.

17. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At some point Almiron is going to prove his worth to this team with some goals or assists. Kid is too good.

18. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Getting dominated early second half. Yedlin had a nice headed clearance, and Darlow had a highlight reel "make yourself a giant keeper" save, but Newcastle need to change things up as this won't do for 45 minutes.

TimB4Last repped this.
  19. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Looks like a 4-4-1 to me, but with Yedlin staying at right back and Schar moved up into midfield. I'd think then you leave DY in there and hope he can sprint into a counter to provide numbers a handful of times to steal this one, and use your subs on fresher legs farther upfield.

20. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Important backtracking steal and drawn foul by Yedlin. However, Newcastle can't even muster possession in the attacking zone right now.

21. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Dummett down for a long time injured, and it's starting to feel like they would jump at the chance to take a point right now, even against the winless wonders. Bummer since I'm sure they came into today looking for three points more of a cushion between them and the relegation zone. Ritchie coming on for Dummett, and we were 11 v 9 for a little while, during which we have a VAR check for a handball in the box on Fernandez.

TimB4Last repped this.
  22. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Penalty given, Sharp makes it as Darlow guesses the other way, and it's time to see if Steve Bruce has any ideas at all, because I haven't seen evidence yet. Also very frustrating the PK happened while we were 11 v 9 because of the Dummett injury and the ref trying to penalize Newcastle for Dummett's slow motion withdrawal from the pitch.

TimB4Last repped this.
  23. Dervos

Dervos Member+

Mar 13, 2002
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Good Grief Newcastle.

Well DeAndre's not going to be on the bottom of the player ratings :thumbsup:

24. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Carroll on for Fernandez, striker for CB. Think we're going 4-3-2 with Schar going back to D, but I guess it could be a 3-4-2.

25. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Billy Sharp gets a yellow, and lucky not to have a VAR review for red after seeing the replay.