Rumor: Yea or Ney-mar - The 2019-20 Transfer thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Jul 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    The amount of money we could have spent for fullbacks, wingers:cry::cry::cry:

This corrupted board just brought players to sell them:cry::cry::cry:

2. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    If only we could turn back the clocks .. then somehow persuaded Pep , Neymar and Alves to retire here

3. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    Honestly dont spend 111 million on Lautaro.

He is 40-50m at max.

4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Don’t forget Griezmann. Some Euro 400 mn to fill essentially one hole that Neymar left. And where Fati is still the most promising option.

That’s also why getting Sane would’ve been even dumber than getting Pjanic.

unclesox and celito repped this.
  5. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Saw a bit more of Pjanic today ..not impressed to be honest . He seemed to play the Busqs holding role averagely well and was shown doing shameful Pepe-like feigning injury act . He was lying down for about 4 minutes after the guy’s hand lightly brushed past his shoulder area

6. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Great, sounds like just what we need, a slow, diving midfielder

7. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sane was a bargain, 24 years old, lightning quick, but yeah would be crazy for us to sign him, stick to slow 30 year old midfielders instead.

8. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Imagine signing Pjanic and not Thiago.

9. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I don't think Juve pays us the huge fee for Arthur but for us buying Pjanic for a similarly high fees, and both clubs needed those artificially high fees to book a profit on their sales, while simultaneously amortizing the purchase prices they paid over the life of Arthur and Pjanic's new deals.

So not quite an apt comparison, though I understand the frustration. It is funny that each comes up first for the other in Transfermarkt's 'similar players' feature.

10. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    official: Ferran Torres to ManCity for 23m+13m in variables

11. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You don't have to imagine it, it's reality

12. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I know. We could’ve literally signed Thiago who’s a superior player and knows our system.

13. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    I saw a report yesterday that Arsenal have offered us Gendouzy plus £10 million for Dembele .. just talk presumably?

14. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    We don’t need that overrated piece of shit. Arsenal can instead give us Arteta. Arteta should be the only manager to be hired for rebuilding Barca, if Pep doesn’t intend to come back after the elections.

15. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    To be fair I’ve always been impressed with the young lad ... he’s good on the ball, he’s always ready and wanting the ball plus he’s a physical presence .

He’s interesting Juve and Villarreal apparently

16. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    Surely even Bartomeu can do better than an Arsenal reject

17. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    It’s all about opinions ... KDB was a Chelsea reject ....

18. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yet, KDB went on to have a fantastic season in Bundesliga and that was Mou’s fault for not wanting to use players like Salah and KDB considering he’s horrible with developing players. Guendouzi has shown attitude problems and is pretty much a lazy player. There’s a reason Arteta isn’t playing him. Also, he hasn’t done anything impressive to suggest that he’s good enough for Barca.

19. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Yes I’d forgotten about Salah being rejected as well .. those two glaring misjudgements tells me Jose is a terrible judge :)

As regards Guendouzi.. lazy is the last word I’d choose to describe him as he never stops running and pressing and then he always wants the ball when they get possession back .

He’s not been available as he’s had a Achilles injury and still recovering .. it seems that he’s maybe not Arteta’s kind of player though and has put in a transfer ref quest . Apparently he’s on the radar of Barca , Real Madrid , Juventus , Inter , Atlético Madrid and ManU ...

20. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #920 JoCryuff98, Aug 6, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    Then he’s not our kind of player too. We’re trying to rebuild our squad next year after the elections with a new coach who’s hopefully Guardiola or Arteta. Guendouzi seems indisciplined and gives me the same vibe as Balotelli and Lord Bendtner. We don’t need such players and as it is we have guys like Dembele. Guendouzi isn’t picked because he’s a brat who acts high and mighty beyond his talent. Arteta is literally Guardiola’s protege and we all know how strict Pep is with discipline and mentality. From what I’ve seen, Guendouzi isn’t that impressive and would be a hit or miss career wise. His attitude is similar to Samir Nasri who was still a more talented player tbh. Such players have a proven record to be more of a trouble to the clubs they’ve played and Barca is in a hot mess right now. This dude is only 21 and acts as if he plays like prime Patrick Vieira.

21. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I'm still not sold on Arteta. The way he copies Pep on every single aspect from dress code to facial expressions makes him come across as a bit of a phony IMO. Arteta's wife better hope Pep never divorces Cristina Serra because Arteta will probably go after her.

Of course I will overlook that if Arteta produces good results for Arsenal but the jury is still very much out on that one.

22. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Now we are talking !!

This guy is a ball playing , monstrous Center back !!

The nearest thing I’ve seen to Puyol since .. Puyol .

#Barcelona are interested to transfer #LeicesterCity player #CaglarSoyuncu.
    4:32 pm · 6 Aug 2020·Twitter Web App

23. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Barca set to bid €40m for Soyuncu
    12:49
    2 hours ago
    Turkish defender in line for Camp Nou switch

Barcelona are set to submit a €40 million (£36m/$47m) bid for Leicester centre-back Caglar Soyuncu - according to NTV Spor.

The 24-year-old is ready to commit to a five-year contract at Camp Nou if the two clubs can agree on a final fee.

Soyuncu proved to be a standout performer for Leicester in 2019-20 following Harry Maguire's record move to Manchester United last summer.

BocaFan repped this.
  24. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/...lona-transfer-real-madrid-soyuncu-4138985.amp

His agent , Dogru, speaking to AS in Spain, said a transfer to Camp Nou could be do-able, with Barça supposedly keeping tabs on Söyüncü’s progress.
    “It is possible that Barcelona could sign Caglar this summer, as they wanted to sign him before he moved from Altınordu to Freiburg,” Dogru stated. “We negotiated with them back then, and they presented an interesting project; but we wanted a situation which guaranteed first-team football for Caglar, which is why we chose Freiburg.

25. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Arteta won the FA cup with a struggling Arsenal side and completely changed their mentality too. I’m positive that he’s gonna be a great manager and I don’t mind him being like his mentor.