Rumor: Yea or Ney-mar - The 2019-20 Transfer thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Jul 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    On the day he was signed, Braithwaite had an open and very down to earth and honest interview with a Danish journalist who have her base in Barcelona. He started the interview by saying that he was sorry for being late and for all the commotion around his signing.

If nothing else,this dude is highly cool-minded and very down to earth and do not really care about all the commotion surrounding his signing. As I wrote earlier, he was team captain while playing in the French league, so he is no "headless chicken", but has that experience, vision and a calmness you would also need if your are to adapt well in an unusual transfer situation like this.

TitoTata repped this.
  2. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please share the link (I can always do a bad translation in google assuming it's in Danish).

I think of this beer when I see your user name, and now that I see Aarhus it really checks out:
    upload_2020-2-24_10-7-29.jpeg

3. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    #803 Ceres, Feb 24, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    Unfortunately it was a TV interview and not for a newspaper, so I can not really share a link.

You are right about the beer. Unlike Carlsberg (from Copenhagen), the Ceres brand is more smooth and less bitter and more "wine" like than most other beers, which then also makes it popular in Southern Europe (especially in Italy) where people traditionally are more into wine, but beer has now become a bit more popular.

Gilmango repped this.
  4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Thanks. I'm heading to Copenhagen soon so this is useful info.

evil_allan repped this.
  5. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Grøn Tuborg (Green Tuborg) is not only the oldest Danish made pilsner beer that still exist, but also the best selling beer in all of Denmark, Carlsberg is 2nd, then Tuborg Classic, but only as tap beer in bars and restaurants and not really so much in cans or bottles, so you could argue that Ceres Royal (Royal Export) is actually 3rd ... but there are loads of other brands in Denmark.... a brand that is mainly made for export is Faxe, which is made by Royal Unibrew, just like Ceres.

It's actually the Carlsberg Group that own Tuborg, though Tuborg is more popular, but then Carlsberg own lots of different brands and produce more than 500 different beers both in Denmark and abroad :
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlsberg_Group#Other_brands_in_Carlsberg_Group's_portfolio

... a few Carlsberg commercials, featuring Mads Mikkelsen :

6. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Only Ibra can save this motley crew .

18 month contract ??

7. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    Eto'o

unclesox repped this.
  8. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Transfer window closed over 3 weeks ago, numpty.

9. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    ... but ... but it's a forum to discuss all matters of world football

BocaFan repped this.
  10. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014

I was just showing how desperate things are for us numbnutz

11. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    #811 TitoTata, Feb 26, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
    It was a throwaway comment , sadly Ibra wouldn’t come anywhere near this shambles even as his last port of call ..before retiring

12. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    We lead Liga, and Napoli is not a side that one should expect to be brushed aside without suffering. Your dreamy Liverpool, for example, lost there 2-0 this season (in a non-unmeaningful match). Small margins at the top of the game.

Things are always desperate, if you choose to only see desperation.

evil_allan, unclesox and BocaFan repped this.
  13. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    Zlatan couldn't cut it here when he was at his peak.
    last thing we need right now is a 38 year old narcisist.

unclesox repped this.
  14. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You mean 3 throwaway comments ...

15. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    He had Barca’s best ever scoring start as I recall .. then got injured / locked horns with Pep and the Leo ..

16. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Guess you missed him revitalising a dire ManU side ...

If we’re being realistic we need someone like him on the pitch and on the dressing room .. a born winner

17. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Never forget one of the most insane games, ever. Zlatan had confidence issues, when Messi was so much better. I still remember this game, and the best commentary I've ever heard in a football game (finnish). Talking about Zlatan's monkey on his back: "There's no point to talk about the monkey on the back, there're no such monkeys that Zlatan currently shoulders. There's at least the big four from Africa, lions, elephants, giraffes and buffalos. Also tigers are there, all are there. Actually there's all Africa with its animals there. Also Australia, because there's also a terrible amount of animals there."

18. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    who was worse at Barca, Zlatan or Coutinho?

19. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Coutinho

20. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Both had really good spells ..

You’ve also forgotten the period when he’d settled in and wasn’t be played on the right wing ( dumb Valverde).

Pretty sure he scored about 15 cracking long range goals from the left forward position.. seem to recall Messi was out injured at the time ?!

21. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    before ending up the two front runners for the title of biggest flop in Barca history.

22. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Not of their doing ..

Blame Pep and Valverde..

23. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    #823 evil_allan, Feb 26, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
    you're delusional. they failed because they weren't good enough.

24. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Ibra has been amazing wherever he’s been .. the fact that you don’t rate him says a lot about your judgment..

As regards Coutinho he was magnificent at Liverpool under a good manager.. nuff said

25. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    True, Klopp has even made Jordan Henderson,who was the very definition if mediocre, into a good player. But in all honesty Liverpool is the time Coutinho has shone at club consistently level .