Rumor: Yea or Ney-mar - The 2019-20 Transfer thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Jul 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Agree about Malen. He's also young enough that he shouldn't mind playing back-up to Suarez for his first season at a club like Barca.

2. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Messi provably wanted to say “bye bye to this season”. The board will go for sure this summer and I hope the socios are sane enough to vote for a competent board. It’s really upsetting that such gibberish is happening to such a great club.

3. KluivertsBoots

Jun 16, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still paying the price for bailing them out in the 2015 CL when anything less than winning would have led to a successful ousting of Barto right then and there. Damn you Jerome Boateng for being dropped like a bad habit by Messi.

4. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Even if we won the treble that year, the socios weren’t smart enough to boot him.

5. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    You could always become a socio instead of constantly whinging about them.

celito repped this.
  6. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Even if I become a socio, a single vote doesn’t mean shit. Whining about them isn’t wrong considering we have one of the worst fanbase in sports history. I’m ashamed to call myself a fan of this club these days.

7. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Damn, when did this become like the LPB forum?

There are a few wankers that only watch Barca in CL and el clasicos. Well probably more than a few, but every big club with recent success has "fans" like that.

8. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php
    If you ask him nicely maybe TitoTata can get you in.

I’ve been a Koln/Cologne fan since the late 70s when they won their last Bundesliga title. The club were perennial contenders in the Bundesliga until the early 90s when the new president drove them into the ground culminating in their first ever relegation in ‘98.
    Koln have been an “elevator club” since, going up and down the first and second divisions.
    I’ve never been ashamed to call myself a fan of the club. I’ve lost count on how many years now I’ve kept the same avatar in this message board even though I talk more Barcelona than I do Koln (mainly because there’s no action in the Koln thread).

Through thick and thin, through sweet and bitter, through good times and bad, you must always keep the faith.

condor11 and BocaFan repped this.
  9. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Anyways, I wouldn’t be watching football anymore until this board is out. ******** this garbage sport and I’m gonna stick with watching Basketball and a Tennis.

10. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Haaland did not want to move to one of the absolute top clubs of Europe, because he do not feel ready or experienced enough at this point. Braithwaite on the other hand is suppose to be at the top of his career and this is his big moment, and being a "warrior" who has much experience also as team captain playing in the French league, he do have the kind of qualities you need in a player who is being "thrown to the wolves" and receiving flak even before he has arrived to play his first game.

11. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    MjAxMy0zZDkyN2U3ZDdkZjk1Nzll.png

12. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    He could have come here after all :)

13. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    So does Braithwaite count as the much talked about and awaited Plan "B" ?

@Forzabarca

14. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I bet if Barca spent $60m for an unknown guy from the Austrian league, the usual suspects on here would've been the first to complain ("another Paco! smh"). :cautious:

unclesox, ShortyMac and evil_allan repped this.
  15. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    I don’t know but I hope they play him on Saturday then maybe play him in the Classico

16. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    too bad the fanbase and the club can't meet your standards. maybe someday they both will, then you can return to watch football and support the club you love.

condor11 and unclesox repped this.
  17. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
  18. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he more than made up for it today.

evil_allan, Ceres and Gilmango repped this.
  19. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    So who was the better player today ?, Griezmann who should know his team-mates and how Barcelona play by now, or his substitute Braithwaite, who was getting 20 minutes or so his debut ?

Braithwaite may lack some in efficiency, but he fast, very hard working and has great vision, which makes it easy for him to adapt.

20. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Thank gawd ..

21. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    That's the good news.
    The bad news is many will now expect him to repeat this performance the rest of the way. Failure to do so will have people coming up with nicknames for him... oh wait! :unsure:

ShortyMac repped this.
  22. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    For how much he cost and how he came over, I personally won't be demanding much out of him.

ShortyMac and unclesox repped this.
  23. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Seems so [emoji23]

24. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah, Braithwaite showed some promise. Looked really strong on the ball in the build-up for the 4th and 5th goals. Will be interesting to see if Setien starts him against Madrid.