Yay or nay: Spirit Airlines

Discussion in 'Food & Travel' started by skipshady, Sep 30, 2003.

1. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    I'm trying to choose between Delta and Spirit for my trip to Miami (well, landing at Ft. Lauderdale to be exact).

Can you recommend one way or the other? Here's my deal.
    - Delta is $156, Spirit is $166
    - But I have to make one stop on the return leg if I fly Delta. Spirit is non-stop from Laguardia to Ft Liquordale.
    - I don't care about service. I don't care if the flight attendants yell dirty names at me the whole way as long as I get there.
    - Delta has more flights but I'm flying early morning both ways.
    - I'm going to try to go without checking my bag but if I have to, I don't want to lose it.
    - I don't like delays.
    Considering the above, which would you choose?

Thanks.

2. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For $10 more and no stop over, I'd go with Spirit. I've never flown Spirit myself but my parents have recently and they said it was like any other flight they've taken, meaning you get what you pay for, nothing more nothing less.

3. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    10 bucks more and no stops, go Spirit.

I've flown it once and it was your typical flight. I was only gone for a few days so I took my bag as a carry on and didn't have to check any.

4. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Thanks. I just booked my trip on Spirit.

I'm super pumped for this trip. If you're in South Beach for Halloween and you see a skinny kid with a really bad costume stumbling around Washington Ave, that's probably me. Say hello, will ya?

Actually, I would have picked JetBlue since they had the cheapest direct flight, except I would've paid more for the cab ride since JFK takes longer to get to than LaGuardia. I think I'll fly JetBlue next time I go to California.

5. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    If the propeller stops running, dont worry the plane can still fly on one engine.

6. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    Flew Spirit once in 97 from Boston to Myrtle Beach via Atlantic City. Worked just fine for me.