Yawwwwn. You again Bill?

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by lerxst, May 23, 2008.

1. lerxst

lerxst Member

May 23, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  2. TFC07

TFC07 Member

May 19, 2007
    Brampton, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    That Bill guy needs to go ******** himself. I bet you any money if you replaced the word Canada with other nation (example, Mexico) then you'll realize that some of his comments can be consider racist.

3. Tribalsun

Tribalsun New Member

Aug 2, 2007
    it's pretty simple for me...."who the f*ck is Bill Archer"?:rolleyes:

4. murderbets

murderbets New Member

Jun 11, 2007
    Toronto proper 416
    I don't know he seems to make perfect sense to me guys!

5. torontofcmark

torontofcmark Member

Oct 24, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    American's use Freedom of Speech and the Right to Bear Arms waaaaaaay to much for their own good. I mean when their constitution was done up there could have been ....what a couple of million people if that....taking the philosophy that half are above average and half are below (50% being the median) there would only be 1 million idiots.....BUT NOW, in a nation of 300Million....you do the math...and Bill you meet the definition of below average so at least you're in good company.

6. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike New Member

Feb 2, 2008
    Ottawa
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Meh...It's just a child.

7. crazypete13

crazypete13 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 7, 2007
    A walk from BMO
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    I can sum this up with one word - "meh".

If you really want to get worked up try out his guestbook...

8. Blizzard

Blizzard Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Just ignore him guys!

Ignore him guys. As long as he stays off this board, he's not our problem.
    Don't get baited into anything.

Just remember to consider the source.

B

9. crazypete13

crazypete13 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 7, 2007
    A walk from BMO
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Re: Just ignore him guys!

This is wisdom.

10. mikey99

mikey99 Member

May 15, 2007
    Honestly, why even bother with Bigot Archers tired ass rantings. It's an embarrasment to Bigsoccer more than anything else.

11. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    WOW has he been to Ohio? It's red necks left and right. Most people in Toronto are ethnic and the ones that aren't pick up tans in the summer.

What a prejudicial idiot.

The CSA messed up on the name, thats obvious to all. But his bullshit about us not qualifying through MLS has nothing to do with the CSA or TFC. Its a FIFA rule that if we want in we have to do it strictly by getting in through Canada. And rather then the CSA just nominating us (which they could have done) they allowed the other top 2 pro team we have to join.

Archer is a douche bag through and through. He tries so hard to cover up his prejudice at the start of his tantrum because at the end of the day he is a coward. He hates Canada always has but still tries to make it seem that he is unbiased because he's been here. Maybe what he hates is that Toronto is better then anything in Ohio and thats why he comes up here and why none of us ever go down there unless it's to embarrass there teams home supporters.

12. Camcamy

Camcamy New Member

Apr 14, 2007
    Toronto
    Hes right about the "Champions" part! No? I mean, was TFC, Montreal or Vancouver the Champions of they're league last year? I dont think so?

As well, I hate to play devils advocate here, but, you can understand why some americans might be pissed that we get such an easy ticket to CCL (thats CONCACAF Champions League, the actual "champions" league).

13. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Everyone and their mother knows the CSA gets it wrong every time so the naming mishap isn't a surprise.

We could of been just nominated to play in the CL, we are 1 of only 3 real pro teams. Canada is in concacaf and entitled to a position in the CL. It's not like we got direct access to the group stage.

14. TFCguy

TFCguy New Member

May 18, 2007
    ******** them...we're not the only one who's path isn't as difficult.

15. narduch

narduch New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Not to be pedantic, but even the UEFA Champions League includes MANY teams that finish from 2nd to 4th place in their leagues. That doesn't seem to stop people from watching it.

Sure, the name sucks, but who cares. The important thing is that we have the tournament.

As for Bill 'the Hack' Archer, he is an embarrassment and Big Soccer's mods should be ashamed that they allow him to post his bigoted blog here.

16. Might check the archives at some point but I seem to remember Bill Archer being one of the most supportive American posters where Toronto expansion was concerned back when Doyle G was on his one man crusade against it. Not sure what led to the change of attitude. For reasons similar to Blizzard's line of reasoning above I have to say that in the final analysis I don't really care. The only emotion I will ever feel where the Columbus Crew and their support is concerned is an overwhelming feeling of relief that I'm not from central Ohio. Best to save the dislike and rivalry for the likes of New York and Chicago.

17. Cashcleaner

Cashcleaner New Member

Feb 5, 2007
    Ajax, Ontario
    ^ QFT, BBTB.

Columbus deserves my pity more than anything else. Here we have a team that's top of the table but can't get more than 15,000 and change at the most for attendance.

18. RedRover

RedRover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Archer and his ilk (trip76, studzup) are a waste of oxygen. They are sad, pathetic losers who fail to understand how having Canada helps North American soccer. How many other U.S. cities can match the support of soccer that Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver has?

19. Pete Perogie

Pete Perogie New Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Club:
    Toronto FC

20. chuckyparadise

chuckyparadise New Member

May 19, 2007
    Fort McMurray
    Maybe he's BS' equivalent/answer to Fox News??

21. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  22. Kingsley Zissou

Kingsley Zissou New Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Canada
    I am shocked to see that someone who conducts themselves so poorly on the boards has a blog endorsed by the site.

I think that reflects poorly on the whole site which is a shame, it's a good community on the whole. It is one thing for hot headed people to spout off at one another on forums which can and will happen from time to time but allowing consistently negative and antagonistic people like that to blog with the endorsement of the site is really too bad.

23. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Draw your own conclusions (although it's pretty obvious) on that Douchebags take on the racist slurs being yelled (and videotaped) at NE players during the last game.

Yeah those people at the games have freedom of speech right, and the ones on Bigsoccer don't. Yelling N-bombs is not as bad as condemning people for it in Ohio according to this bigot. Truly disgusting.

24. TFC07

TFC07 Member

May 19, 2007
    Brampton, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    WOW! This Bill guy is a big homer! But I give him credit for not blaming us (or Canada in general) for his follow fans behaviour this time. :)

25. LDG20

LDG20 Member

Chelsea
    South Korea
    Jul 2, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    This guy is a retard, how is bigsoccer letting him stand on a soapbox and say his hate for Canada.