Yanks you would like to see in MFL

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by Bruce S, Jul 2, 2005.

1. El Guero Naco

El Guero Naco New Member

Sep 1, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    So it's un-US to criticize Lando?

Tell that to the Earthquakes fans last week.

I'm just merely pointing out the fact that in places like Veracruz and Tuxtla Gutierrez, the temperatures can reach 110 degrees on a regular basis.

Can't help but think that since he left one foreign country because he's a whining crybaby, then he'd probably do it again.

2. Rudy R9

Rudy R9 New Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Estadio Azteca
    Maybe Eddie johnson since his color is not to far off ours... no im playin about the color thing. Plain and simply said:Eddie J.

3. Rudy R9

Rudy R9 New Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Estadio Azteca
    Rep coming your way dude. Poor "lando" got booed like hell!

4. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    id like to see Blanco and Donovan together filimg a Cre-C commerical?

5. JoseP

JoseP Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Well, how have MLS players done in MFL? I only know of two off the top of my head - Marcelo Balboa, I believe, and Daniel Hernandez. DH was, at best, a below average player for MLS on one the worst teams in the league. I don't know how he is doing now, but last I heard is he was faring well.

Maybe, Mexican fans don't want to see Americans playing in their league. That doesn't mean American players won't do well. I would imagine they'd do just as well as they do in MLS.

6. Haole

Haole Member

Feb 14, 2005
    costa mesa, ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Slighlty off topic but...why is Pescadito Ruiz wasting his time w. Dallas FC?

He could v. definitly cut it in MFL. He needs the next level bad to move his game forward...he's stagnating.

7. Rusty_Shackleford

Mar 24, 2004
    don't put down fc dallas :(

but yeah, i agree with you

i think (i could be wrong though) he said this was going to be his last season in mls

8. Silvernblckchiva

Jun 2, 2005
    California
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I would like to see how Brad Guzan does in MFL. maybe with atlas to replace tonio perez. He could develop into a very good goalie.

9. Kur #10

Kur #10 Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Mexico Citay
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    this thread is just wrong...

10. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    why?

11. jq pepe

jq pepe New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    los angeles
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I would like to see Keller with Cruz Azul, seems like "el conejo" had better days.

12. jq pepe

jq pepe New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    los angeles
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Donovan could play for America, but after a few tacos in the DF, he would get a monster case of Moctezumas revenge and come back to LA in a MedEvac chartered by the Galaxy

13. Coster

Coster Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Hermosa Beach
    Donovan wouldn't last a day in Mexico. The thing is that the Mexican game is different than the U.S. game so it's hard to think of guys that could go to the MFL. But one guy I'd like to see is Clint Dempsey.

14. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    I think Eddie Lewis would do well in the MFL. Pair him up with a finisher like Borgetti and you'd have a kick ass offense.

Beasley and America... that's just wrong but it would work for both.

15. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I agree this is the Mexico board it is o.k. to say that MLS blows or that you don't want any MLS players. Now if we were in the MLS boards then it would be trolling.

16. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    I second that.

17. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001

I actually agree on both counts.

Eddie Lewis can cross............

18. yankiboy

yankiboy New Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Very cool thread...

A few that come to mind just off the top of my head were already mentioned.

Eddie Johnson
    Clint Dempsy
    Eddie Gaven
    Justin Mapp

There's this relatively young guy that plays MF for United that often goes under the radar. His name is Josh Gros. He can run like hell, is confident with the ball, marks well, pushes forward well. He can push back into defense if necesary. Oh yeah, he can finish pretty well, too.

I think that another guy like Danny Szetlela could do it. The U-20 keeper Quentin Westburg who playes for Troyes in France could be interesting to.

When Coby was younger, I think that he could have done it. Put in on th right team, he is good at knowing his "role".

For the old guys, Eddie Lewis and Keller would have been interesting...

I'm not convinced by Twellman. I followed him since he played at the local University. He's a good player but he seems to choke when the game's really big. I don't know if he can handle intense pressure.

19. jmarquez1976

jmarquez1976 New Member

May 5, 2005
    No muerdas!
    Adu would be a nice addition to the 3rd Division & Donovan a nice addition to the 1A Division.

Tim Howard could start almost anywhere.

20. Rusty_Shackleford

Mar 24, 2004
    lol

21. Kur #10

Kur #10 Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Mexico Citay
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    lol indeed

22. Atlas10

Atlas10 Member+

Jun 18, 2005
    high in the sky!
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

No mix between Mexico and the USA. Mexico league has history for more than 60 years, the USA only about 6 years. It would not help the USA and Mexico improve, only the USA because their players would be in a high level league not like the MLS. Mexican players dont want to come to the USA because there is no future plus low salaries, in Mexico you have top of the line players and high salaries. There is too much difference between Mexico and USA, is like if Mexico wants to get mix with the 1ra. A. There is no way this can happen and I hope never happens.

Another example : England and Scotland = different levels of football that cant get mix.

23. yankiboy

yankiboy New Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    I understood all of your points right up until your closer. You had me up until then.

While the English and Scottish leagues are two very different levels of football, you have many Scottish players playing in the English Premiership and players who were foreigner who had played in the Scottish Premiership who have made the successful switch to the English Premiership.

I think the hypothetical is more based on indivdual players than leagues. Maybe I misunderstood...

24. yankiboy

yankiboy New Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Most of the guys I mentioned are young (under 21) and that was no coincidence because I think that they have the potential to be molded.
    Instead of going to Europe or staying in MLS, if they had the chance to go to Mexico like Sammy Ochoa, I think that it would be good for them and good for a Mexican club. As long as they were out of contract, they would be really cheap, so the investment would be minimal for the Mexican club and they might just find a great player at a ridiculously low price.

Oh. I fogot to mention the other "obvious" guys I would like to have seen compete in Mexico:

DMB, DeMarcus Beasley.
    Jonny Walker.

25. changoguapo

changoguapo New Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Bakersfield, Cali.
    I wouldn't. If were going to get a keeper, make it a young one. Although Keller is good, hes not the youngest of the bunch. I would prefer Guzan from Chivas USA (if i had to choose one from US).