Yanks on Foreign YNTs ('01-'04 YOBs and younger)

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Oct 9, 2020.

1. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. JimLahey

JimLahey Member

Sheffield Wednesday
    United States
    Dec 25, 2020
    Pl@ymaker repped this.
  3. JimLahey

JimLahey Member

Sheffield Wednesday
    United States
    Dec 25, 2020
    Pl@ymaker repped this.
  4. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pl@ymaker and Luksarus repped this.
  5. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pl@ymaker repped this.
  6. David Kerr

David Kerr Member+

United States
    Oct 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #131 David Kerr, Apr 26, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
    This is pretty concerning. Gael is a big prospect for our 06 age group. Nearly held in the same regard as Bajung Darboe is by the Philly academy staff

Emmanuel Ochoa is also a big concern because he’s our best 05 goalkeeper. Anthony Ramirez is disappointing to see go to a Mexico camp while there’s a YNT 04/05 regional camp happening in Texas tomorrow but realistically I don’t see him in our top 4-6 wingers for the 05 age group so for him as a player it’s best to explore his options

7. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    What do we expect? USSF is getting what they deserve. They are losing any good-will Berhalter has built up with the fan base with his dual-national recruiting.

Fans can’t keep standing for this. USSF can claim they are broke, but they obviously aren’t. Follow closely, and I’m sure you’ll see that they spend plenty of money. They’ve just chosen that are YNT’s aren’t important to fund right now, so they are getting what they deserve. If any of these players opt to play for other countries, I’m placing the blame squarely with the federation. They are responsible for this disgrace we’ve now seen go on with the lack of YNT’s camps since the beginning of 2020.

ChicagoVT, SCSAutism and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  8. PhillyFury

PhillyFury Member

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Jan 1, 2004
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In fairness to the federation, and I probably don't know as much as the rest of you, but it seems pretty standard for many parts of the world that youth national camps have been put on hold. Definitely the case here in CZ. Lotta tricky logistics, namely lodging all these guys together.

9. efried

efried Member

Sep 7, 2020
    I’ll get worried when we lose a player worth a damn to Mexico we haven’t yet

10. David Kerr

David Kerr Member+

United States
    Oct 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am getting concerned with the players we’re seeing get called up to the Mexico 05/06’s but we’ll have to see how those players would also respond to a usa call up and perform in our setup

11. efried

efried Member

Sep 7, 2020
    A 15 year old should be going to every national team camp he can go to for any country. They would be dumb not to. But I’m not sweating over 15 year olds

largegarlic and TarHeels17 repped this.
  12. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    By then it'll be too late. We need to be proactive to not lose that first big difference maker for our biggest rival. It only takes one to then create a wave that every dual player can make the same choice and succeed. That mentality is short sighted. You don't just wait until the outcome you don't want to occur, happens to then make the necessary steps as to not happen again. By then it's too late.
    'We don't want this town to flood but we'll wait until there's a leak until we start the 2 year long process to fix the dam.'

13. efried

efried Member

Sep 7, 2020
    The depth of talent is so large and so many good kids are being produced we will lose kids it’s inevitable I’m not going sweat about 15 year olds so much can change in the next 4-5 years in those kids development as soccer player.

14. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Yup. Its certainly difficult.

What I will say is that if we can have full USMNT camps with many USYNT players present (U23s and U20s)..............................then we can seemingly have USYNT-specific camps. Its expensive. Its not easy. You need all of the housing, meal service, COVID testing, etc. set. But if we can do it for the USMNT, and we can do it repeatedly for the USWNT, and we could do it for MLS in Orlando, then we can seemingly do it for USYNTs. I mean really................we are having regional talent identification camps at the moment. We could be doing something nationally right now. We're just not.

Count me as somebody who's learned not to worry about camps that 15 year olds go to. I've stopped with the #dualnationalpanic altogether. I've been a fan for nearly 35 years now. We've lost one American-born player during all of that time that I'd consider a difference maker. That was Rossi. [Subotic was a refugee. A complicated case.] People wring their hands and wring their hands, and in the long run it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter that these Mexican-American 15 year olds are at a Mexico camp right now. Maybe the day will come when the Mexican-American version of Gio Reyna will be lost to Mexico. Of course, we'll have the Gio Reyna version of Gio Reyna for the next 15 years.

15. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I don’t think we are yet good enough where we can shrug off the loss of quality players. Saying that, no one has left yet, but what @SUDano said should be the mindset.

16. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--

17. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    I think it's fine for you as a fan to be disinterested, Afterall you have a ton of other priorities. But I hope we also we all agree that the people's at the USSF who's job it is to evaluate, recruit, and handle logistics many players who can play for other national teams and ARE starting young also make it some sort of deal to match their efforts.

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  18. David Kerr

David Kerr Member+

United States
    Oct 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did Ussoccer pay for MLS is Back? I don’t think that MLS should have to subsidize the YNT’s

19. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ben Lederman called in for the Polish U21s:

20. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Well, we are having ID camps right now across the country to evaluate, recruit, etc.
    I imagine that at the U17 level and below, the staffs will now schedule national camps for the summer.

Anthony Ramirez chose to attend the Mexico U16 camp instead of the USYNT ID camp (which he was invited to, and was in his backyard).

SUDano repped this.
  21. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Huh, that's interesting about Lederman. Poland didn't qualify for the final round of the UEFA U21s (for 98s and younger) and the announcement doesn't mention matches. Is there some kind of competition this group might be preparing for? It looks like an entirely domestic group, so maybe it's just an experimental pool more or less.

22. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh great, now we're even losing players from Barcelona!

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  23. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After winning the Urawa Reds starting job, 18-year-old Zion Suzuki (2002) has been rewarded for a string of good performances as one of 4 keepers called up to Japan U24 as they enter the final tune-up phase before the Olympics. They will face Ghana U23 (his paternal homeland) and Jamaica's senior NT at home in June.

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  25. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    We should start doing a better job of recruiting these Japanese-American kids. Japan produces some very good players.

xbhaskarx, SCSAutism and dougtee repped this.