Yanks Abroad Flavors of the Week: 2020/2021

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by OWN(yewu)ED, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas

2. rgli13

rgli13 Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    do we also throw out the zero goals and single assist hes had as a st with the nats since the restart, with pulisic, reyna, etc?

3. DrunkOffPunch

DrunkOffPunch Member

United States
    Jul 14, 2020
    I’m not defending his production. Just pointing out why he’s seeing so many games at winger for WB.

4. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cowell is too, but hes still scoring and assisting at an acceptable rate for his club.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  5. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    FTGOTC, xbhaskarx and IndividualEleven repped this.
  6. iad_22201

iad_22201 Member+

Jan 2, 2009
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I would imagine a potential Robinson move to Bordeaux would be at a "standstill" because of his wages. If the salary figures I've seen for Bordeaux are correct he's currently making considerably more than their highest paid player.

7. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Yup. Undoubtedly a problem.
    Most of Ligue 1 is financially a mess right now due to the collapse of their tv deal.
    We're lucky that the de la Fuente deal to Marseille could actually happen.

I'm a little surprised that Robinson hasn't been sold by Fulham yet. We'll see.......................

FTGOTC repped this.
  8. iad_22201

iad_22201 Member+

Jan 2, 2009
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why? I'd be surprised if he's not with them this season.

onefineesq repped this.
  9. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Just because we've seen "smoke" about some Premier League clubs being interested. Wolves and such.
    I was thinking Fulham might want to cash in now...................................

FTGOTC repped this.
  10. iad_22201

iad_22201 Member+

Jan 2, 2009
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eh, while nothing would shock me, Fulham doesn't need to sell, they want to get promoted this season and frankly, Robinson's 20-21 season isn't likely to prompt a club to offer the kind of money that would be hard for Fulham to turn down.

As for that Wolves "rumor", it never made much sense considering they brought in a left back last season who they signed permanently a few weeks ago.

11. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Nice analysis. I don't think Pefok is in anyone's mind to start as a CF. His role is of a pinch-hitter, come in when needed and get his usual goal (probably a header).

Hoppe's ace-in-hole is that he can also play the wing.

VictoryWePredict4Thee repped this.
  12. laxcoach

laxcoach Member+

United States
    Jul 29, 2017
    intermountain west
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll confess that no one is in my mind to start as of today. And then all of them on the list are. Pefok can score. We lack that up front. Put him in with CP, Wes and Gio and he'll get looks. Lots of them. Not sure I see anyone else putting a higher % in right now.

USSoccerNova repped this.
  13. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im surprised we havent heard anything about a yank potential moving to Parma after the American owner effectively put out a "come and get hired" plea. Surely a fringe US player with a passport could look at that? I know its Serie B, but Parma would be strong favorites for promotion back to Serie A.

well, not a keeper, I suppose. That Buffon guy is probably gonna keep that locked down.

14. grandinquisitor28

Feb 11, 2002
    Nevada
    #3114 grandinquisitor28, Jul 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
    Famous last words for this past weekend at least in regards to Dike, and of course Sargent has what, 3 goals in his last 3 games? I just don't think anyone has proven they're ready yet at striker. Not anyone. I think its silly to pretend anyone's deserving. Is it reasonable to run others out? Well, we have in the Gold Cup and nobody has shined at Forward unless a game against Martinique counts. The only forward whose done much of anything for more than 1 game straight in a US shirt is probably Hoppe, but sample size is obviously a concern there. I'm not demanding Sargent get reps, I'm just asking that everyone fight it out for the gig, in camp and based on club form alike and ability to play with the A and A/B sides. For now, the best matches look like Sargent and Hoppe for me, but I also think people are being harsh on Dike considering he's basically been playing for nearly 13 straight months with no break and only has a year of experience as a pro to boot. I wish Dike had got minutes in the June window with the first choice options in a game other than the going away Costa Rica match, have a feeling he might have shown something.

Regardless, I just think you're wrong. Whose actually performing well, honestly?

Dike: Nope

Zardes: Not really

In truth if we want to give it to the best performer we should probably call up Pepi and Hoppe (and of course Sargent again since he's having a great preseason).

15. rgli13

rgli13 Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i know the quote youre referencing and youve brought it up a few times but cmon, man, you know thats not how transfers work. if he wants an american hes got to go buy one.

16. rgli13

rgli13 Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3 in his last 3 preseason matches. his actual last match counted and no, he didnt score (from his rm position). in the 2bund.

lets at least be factual in our arguments.

onefineesq and tomásbernal repped this.
  17. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does Serie B have the same limits on signing players from outside the EU as Serie A.

Serie A is limited to signing two players from outside the EU per season. They can sign as many non-EU players already playing in Italy as they like, so if Serie B doesn't have limitations then Parma would be an ideal club for anyone looking to progress to Serie A.

18. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    Dest continues to draw interest. Bayern have been most prominently linked to him. And now others have expressed interest. His cap-friendly wages may make Barcelona disinclined to sell. And Dest doesn't appear interested.

sXeWesley, largegarlic, Winoman and 3 others repped this.
  19. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since it's preseason the coach could be trying out someone at CF to see what they have since he already knows Sargent.

QUOTE="grandinquisitor28, post: 39777495, member: 19876"] Also worth noting, if Dike is still US based for the fall qualifiers, and hasn't transferred, he might make more sense for Central American roadies simply due to the fatigue issues we've had in the past with the European flights in negatively impacting their performance.[/MEDIA][/QUOTE]

Also add in being more used to the weather extreme. Dike in Orlando will be much better assimilated to C American heat and humidity than any of our Euro players. Enough to be a starter? There will be a lot of considerations so maybe?

20. DrunkOffPunch

DrunkOffPunch Member

United States
    Jul 14, 2020
    2BL season started last weekend.

21. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We brought him early for the NL finals and he was just lumbering around. High press is not his game. He did combined well, and defended alright.

22. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But, is Barcelona committed to him?

23. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Five US-eligible players in Bayern versus Gladbach today. :)
    Scally with another start. He's really one to watch closely. Seems like he's on the verge of a breakthru.

Zinkoff, xbhaskarx, LouisZ and 3 others repped this.
  24. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    By the way, more on Scally. Talk of him starting on opening day for Gladbach.

25. YNWA Rob

YNWA Rob Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Nov 12, 2020
    Indiana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Intriguing. Do their fullbacks get forward a lot? How well does he cross with his left?

nobody and FTGOTC repped this.