Yanks Abroad Flavors of the Week: 2019/20 Thread

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by TheFalseNine, Jul 16, 2019.

1. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course, nobody's going to "walk away" from China. But every political shift or natural disaster that disrupts multinational corporations causes these companies to consider increasing diversification. Whether that's building plants in Vietnam, China, Mexico, or South Carolina, depends on feasibility, projected cost/benefit, and politics, as always.

2. largegarlic

largegarlic Member+

Jul 2, 2007
    ESPN is reporting that most Bundesliga clubs are returning to training in small groups as of today with the thought that the season might be able to resume in May. So that should be good for our guys...at least getting in some actual training, if only in modified form.

The exception is poor Werder Bremen, which has some stricter regulations in their state. As if they needed any more obstacles in the relegation battle...

IndividualEleven repped this.
  3. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    There has already been 'atypical political intervention'. One could reasonably expect more given the problems exposed by not having more manufacturing based domestically.

Pegasus repped this.
  4. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    Winoman and yurch10 repped this.
  5. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    #1505 IndividualEleven, Apr 7, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    Bayern still want Dest. Barca might also be interested.

1247286719315087362 is not a valid tweet id

largegarlic, FC Tallavana and Winoman repped this.
  6. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    #1506 IndividualEleven, Apr 7, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    So by next year, we could have players who are regulars at Bayern/Barca, RB Leipzig, ManCity, Chelsea, Dortmund, Wolfsburg, Schalke, Lille, Milan, PSV, and Newcastle.

Bajoro, gunnerfan7, largegarlic and 2 others repped this.
  7. gogorath

gogorath Member+

None
    United States
    May 12, 2019
    We could. But that would really be a pretty incredible best case outcome. Only Adams, McKennie, Brooks and Pulisic have established themselves as anything resembling a regular. Maybe Yedlin although I believe he had found his way to the bench.

Having Reyna, Ledezma, Dest at that level, Steffen at Man City, Antonee Robinson all elevate to even a rotational player would be a pretty incredibly outcome.

8. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    I consider a 'regular' to be a player who is making the gameday roster and getting minutes. Adams(before the injury), McKennie, and Brooks have been starters.

Who knows: we might reach an Uruguay level of top-team regulars, by the time of '22 WC.

9. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    I always expect more for our leadership. Unfortunately, they rarely deliver.

10. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    When Pulisic was negotiating with Chelsea, Real Madrid might have also been interested. It's transfer 101 for the player and/or club representatives to leak some claim that a club even bigger than the one they are negotiating with is interested.

11. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    Or maybe the interest is legit. Posters went on and on and on about how AC Milan couldn't possibly had been interested in acquiring Robinson.

gunnerfan7 repped this.
  12. gogorath

gogorath Member+

None
    United States
    May 12, 2019
    How many minutes?

13. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    1,000 minutes across all comps.

14. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Steffen is the one who could suffer by the very nature of how many minutes second keepers get. I think a half season of tutoring with Pep about how, when and where to pass out of the back would be very helpful but then a loan or something instead of a whole year on the bench. If you tell me he'd be a keeper in waiting for the next year though I'd take it.

15. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    Looking at this it seems that he might be a winger for Barca academy but #9 for our NT as we don't have any. The kid is very strong, good finisher, his few first steps are quick and generally he looks likes Josef Martinez.

IndividualEleven repped this.
  16. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    KDLF looks to have kicked on since the U20s. There's more of a purpose and incisiveness in his play.

Never thought of him as a striker, but Josef may not be a bad comparison in terms of size and playing style.

17. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    I think a year as the #2 guy for Man City would be a great learning experience for 24 year old. Of course, Ederson didnt play in the Charity shield, EFL cup, and FA cup with four more league and CL games for a total of 14 games. I'd call training with the team day in and day out and getting 15 games fantastic.

https://footballia.net/competitions/u-20-world-cup?page=4

18. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    Maybe I'm wrong, but wasn't Martinez mostly playing as a winger for Torino? With limited success.

19. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    I had read that, but then I perused through his last two seasons in Serie A. The WS diagrams indicated he'd played striker in a 352. Averaged a 6.9 at striker in his last season. That's a solid score, but boy was there wild variations in them.

20. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    50/50 Ball, Winoman and DHC1 repped this.
  21. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    The French, Dutch, and Belgians have cancelled their seasons.

The Germans and Austrians have been talking about coming back in May.

The English and Italians are aiming for June.

La Liga is up in the air.

Excellency repped this.
  23. dlokteff

dlokteff Member+

Jan 22, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Call Jozy!

24. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    Yedlin has apparently expressed an interest in leaving Newcastle.

25. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    With the cancellation of the rest of the French season, Weah's Lille--by one point!--misses out on UCL.

Haaland on Reyna--

https://www.espn.com/soccer/borussi...-american-dream-reyna-can-go-right-to-the-top.