Yanks Abroad Flavors of the Week: 2019/20 Thread

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by TheFalseNine, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Here's Josh Sargent's goal for Bremen today...……………..
    1168162407367225344 is not a valid tweet id

2. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I think Josh's mentality suits a 442 and it seems Bremen thinks the same way.

Today they were playing

----------------josh-----fullkrug
    -------------------osako
    They used Sahin at what he is really good at - long, diagonal passing in the air to forwards

we could do something similar

----------------josh--------jozy (morris)
    -----------------------puli
    ----------pomykal----------:)
    --------------------adams
    --h/head---long-----miazga---dest(cannon/lima/tt)

because Pulisic is versatile as a winger, we could switch into 433 pretty easily,

3. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Wes, Sarge, Lichaj & Ream(!) were the good points this weekend.

Puli was meh, Dest didn't really do enough IMO, Morales had a sub-par game, and missed Aronjo's game because there's only so much Swedish league a man can take.

UncagedGorilla repped this.
  4. UncagedGorilla

Barcelona
    Sep 22, 2009
    East Bay, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Agreed. I'd throw Robinson in as well. Ream did put in a nice shift. He should play center back for us. I thought Sargent was going to get a brace, lots of positive but obviously room to grow. Wes was fantastic. Lichaj put in a really good shift to help Hull where they really needed it, at left back. Their LB signing and loanee have both struggled in the first part of the season.

Holmes subbed in to help his team get drummed. Didn't see it but I have to think he'll get some PT given how Derby has looked.

CCV appeared to not even make the game day roster for Stoke. Anyone heard why? He was okay last week but definitely not great. Stoke is an absolute mess.

5. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas

6. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    In case folks haven't seen it, the NOvakovich move is done. Going to Serie B.

7. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Well, Terrence Boyd found his level in 3.Liga and Aronjo found his in the Allsvenskan, may Nova find his in Serie B.

A guy who doesn't seem to find his level is Shaq Moore, who's gone missing in the Spanish Segunda.

8. Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jul 8, 2017
    Also, Paul Arriola and Kellyn Acosta as LBs

9. NietzscheIsDead

NietzscheIsDead Member+

NO WAR
    United States
    May 31, 2019
    NO WAR
    I’d like to see Paul back there for sure.

10. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Julian Green and Greuther Furth have had a good start to the season in Bund2. Sitting 3rd in the table after 6 games behind only Stuttgart and Hamburg. Green with 3 goals on the season so far.
    1172576096203759616 is not a valid tweet id

And what a game last night for US U20 Richie Ledesma for Jong PSV in the Dutch 2nd division. 2 goals and an assist in a 3-2 win.

Winoman, truefan420 and UncagedGorilla repped this.
  11. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I suspect he won’t be playing for Jong for long if he keeps putting in performances like that

12. rgli13

rgli13 Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hes been injured off and on for almost 2 years so sure- he might dominate and take over the world.
    on the other hand, these were the first and second goals hes scored at this level so, you know, good start, great game...probably not a must call/lock starter for the nats just yet.
    uly llanez, on the other hand :cool:- has he played a game with less than two goals yet?

13. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
  14. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    At this point, and considering we need some creativity, and that Arriola and Lletget are not doing that good in such regard, I'd be ok with giving Diskerud and Green a shot.

The other name is Nagbe, of course, but he can go play with himself.

Dr.Phil repped this.
  15. TheHoustonHoyaFan

Oct 14, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One thing is clear, this has been Julian's best run of form as a professional. If you go back to the end of last season it is now 6Gs and 2As in his last 17 matches playing primarily as a CAM in a 4-2-3-1/4-1-4-1. He is also chipping in with ~2 tackles, 2 key passes, 85%+ passing and drawing ~3 fouls per. He is starting to learn and become much more effective as a facilitator while playing on both sides of the ball.

Furth is running the early attacking phase of their offense through him. 96% passing and 5 key passes today. Very aggressive with the ball which is a plus because he has been somewhat passive as far as taking risks. 7 dribble attempts, 3 successful.

16. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Things look pretty bleak for YA at the moment...

Adams can’t get healthy... which, in my opinion, he’s our most important player.

Pulisic was benched by Chelsea. As a result, Chelsea’s offense came alive.

Weah is injured.

Sargent looks like he still has work to do.

Dest is back on the bench.

Yedlin can’t get healthy.

Brooks is injury prone.

Morales is injured.

Miazga is injured.

Soto is in purgatory.

Only good news was Chandler getting the start at LM. But for some reason, we’ll never see him again.

17. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
    @Suyuntuy is the grim reaper

18. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    Serious question: at what point is a guy like ledezma considered ahead of julian green, mix, heck even gooch. I for one would much rather give younger higher ceiling kids chances sooner rather than trying the retreads again.

gogorath repped this.
  19. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mix is done at his age. Green and Gooch are different players. So it comes down to role. If it’s a wide player Gooch. If it’s a poacher Green. If it’s a linking attacking mid Ledezma. Personally I’d give him a call up and see how he looks in training over all of them. None of them would be in my next 11 tho.

20. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    Steffen, CCV, Robinson, Dest, Green, and Holmes are going well. Sargent has been getting minutes. Ledesma is off to a flyer.

Eleven Bravo repped this.
  21. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It still hasn't evolved to a favorable state, but some players just came back from international duty. So it's boiler plate they wouldn't go 90 the first game since their return.

As far as Chandler goes, it's not hard to figure out the reasons. They've been discussed ad nausem at this point. He's been poor for the NT and tried to convince other players to care less to boot. Not to mention he plays a position there are no shortage of quality alternatives at. LM doesn't exist in the U.S.' formation.

22. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Good news as Jonathan Amon is back in the matchday squad for Nordsjaelland. May his injury problems be behind him...…..…

TxEx, edcrocker, gogorath and 1 other person repped this.
  23. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Cappis front and center as Hobro takes on Copenhagen tomorrow in Denmark. Two other Americans have been named to matchday squad. Emmanuel Sabbi and Yosef Samuel.

edcrocker repped this.
  24. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Probably the day he was born.

25. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He’s been poor? He was poor against Honduras on the road when everyone else was poor too..

I would really like to know the context in which he told players to not care about the national team...

He primarily plays RB/RM but is versatile to play on the left. And we do have a shortage of quality wide players.

btlove, TheHoustonHoyaFan and truefan420 repped this.