Yanks Abroad Flavors of the Week 2018-19

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by TheFalseNine, Aug 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    Tyler Adams dazzles with a wonderful long ball to a streaking Yussef Poulsen, and Poulsen finishes by lobbing the keeper. RB Leipzig lead 4-0.

2. TheHoustonHoyaFan

Oct 14, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tyler Adams can't make that pass. I have seen it time again as the rationalization why GB needs to play him at RB!

3. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I'm trying to think of how many goals F, W & W and Wes have scored for USA - as opposed to our shuttler Pulisic. Do you have a figure?

4. RalleeMonkey

RalleeMonkey Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    here
    Who are F, W&W?

I know it's more fun to focus on the point by another poster that make you feel more awesome, but I've been saying for a long time shuttler or winger.

And, I know reconsidering is not allowed on BS. But, my last post about Puli was basically, "ok, based on those 30 minutes, I'm now not sure about Puli at 10, instead of against it."

But, to your question - how many matches has Wes played for us in an attacking position?

Let's compare club performance. Wes has 6 goals and a bunch of assists, playing all over the field this season.

Puli has 2 goals and what, a couple of assists? playing mostly in a central attacking position.

I'm pulling back on the "best position for Puli on the MNT" position. But, I think that there is a very good chance he ends up as an 8 in his club career, long term.

5. TheHoustonHoyaFan

Oct 14, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1155 TheHoustonHoyaFan, Mar 31, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
    edcrocker and Winoman repped this.
  6. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    According to Wikipedia:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weston_McKennie

McKennie has 42 appearances with Schalke over all since 2017 to present and has scored one (1) goal.

7. RalleeMonkey

RalleeMonkey Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    here
    Yep, I misread the chart. Wes had 1 goal this season, Puli has 2. Wes has played all over the field, Puli has been a central attacker in all his appearances.

How many assists does each of them have?

8. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wes has 2 goals and 5 assists this season. (1 goal and 1 assist in UCL)

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/338275/Show/Weston-McKennie

TheHoustonHoyaFan repped this.
  9. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    It doesn't matter to me because I know Pulisic plays a certain position which we need whereas every position McKennie plays he has strengths but weaknesses that make him suspect for that position. That's more of a problem for Country than for Club. It's kind of unfair to rip his game to pieces when he's out for the season so I'll just pass for now. He's still young, anyway. He has time.

10. RalleeMonkey

RalleeMonkey Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    here
  11. RalleeMonkey

RalleeMonkey Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    here
    "It doesn't matter to me because I know" Wow, that's a strong position.

If facts don't matter, why are you bringing up their NT totals? Basically, you're saying, "this is my opinion, don't bother me with facts, I'm right."

You might be.

Who are "F and W&W"?

12. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    F.W. Woolworth?

Eighteen Alpha and RalleeMonkey repped this.
  13. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    You tell me

Yanks Abroad Flavors of the Week 2018-19

14. RalleeMonkey

RalleeMonkey Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    here
    What are you talking about? You wrote: "I'm trying to think of how many goals F, W & W and Wes have scored for USA"

Who are "F, W&W"? You wrote it, you explain it.

As for that line up, ya, you're being Classic BigSoccer. Reconsidering is not allowed, right? I've already said I've reconsidered my "Puli is not a 10" stance. Do you want me to say it again? I've reconsidered my Puli is not a 10 stance. That's the last time you'll get it out of me, there are only so many hours in a day. The only reason I'm re-stating it now, is I think anyone who is stupid enough to die on the hill of a single BS post is basically a p#ssy. I re-evaluate all the time. If you don't, you're retarded.

But, on that line up, yes, I still thing Puli would rock as an 8. He would be one of the best 8's in the world. Right now. No waiting for upside. And, if everyone is healthy for GC, I think that line up may be our best. But, I'm less convinced than I was before Chile.

We could do a lot worse than penciling in one of the best 8's in the world, and one of the best 6's in the BL, to start the line up. We have never had one of the best field players at his position in the world. And, we have never had one of the best field players at his position in a top 4 league. We would be starting with both.

So, have you figured out what you meant when you wrote ""I'm trying to think of how many goals F, W & W and Wes have scored for USA"?

nycfc919 repped this.
  15. Golazo69

Golazo69 Member+

Aug 2, 2017
    Pulisic almost always lines up out wide for Dortmund, Reus or Gotze usually play centrally.

16. RalleeMonkey

RalleeMonkey Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    here
    It's my sense that he plays underneath those guys, centrally. But, sure, pick that nit. Does he play in an attacking position?

17. Golazo69

Golazo69 Member+

Aug 2, 2017
    It’s not nitpicking, it’s factual. pretty much every apperance he’s made for dortmund has been from a wide attacking midfield position in a 4231, which also sometimes shifts to a 433, in which he operated as a more traditional winger...if it’s your sense that he’s playing in the middle, maybe try watching Dortmund instead, or at least looking up a lineup or two, that way you can find out for sure lol

18. RalleeMonkey

RalleeMonkey Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    here
    Look up the meaning of "nitpicking"

As for Puli, the discussion your entering is whether, at this moment, Puli or Wes would be a better 10 for us.

I'm saying that Wes has been more offensively productive for his club, a way worse club, while having been played all over the pitch - while Puli has been played in the attack.

In terms of that discussion, your post is a nitpick. Here, I'll help you out: https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/nitpick

My sense is that he's been an underneath the striker guy.

With regar

19. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    This one may be done.................

Winoman and Eleven Bravo repped this.
  20. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    ChrisSSBB repped this.
  21. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    This week's YA flavor is plain vanilla without the vanilla.

22. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I don't know. How about a debut in the Bundesliga!? :)
    Six (SIX!!!) Americans 20 years old or younger have appeared in the Bundesliga this season.

23. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He fairly obviously wants to play for the US:
    1114887542279692292 is not a valid tweet id

bsky22 and Winoman repped this.
  24. Excellency