Yanks abroad 2023-2024 thread

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by OWN(yewu)ED, Jun 3, 2023.

1. Reccossu

Reccossu Member+

Jan 31, 2005
    Birmingham
    He's ready for a shot, but please not Leeds.

gomichigan24 and Winoman repped this.
  2. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FC Dallas actually has a need for a LCB if they are actually intending to stay with three at the back.

gomichigan24 repped this.
  3. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    Luca played at LW/LAM in a 343/3421. Looked mobile but out of place. Couldn’t really make much happen. Did get open for a very good chance, went 5 hole and the keeper saved it and the rebound bounced back off Luca to the GK. Subbed for a more natural attacker.

Mark Mckenzie playing LCB in a 3. Just got cooked 1v1 at the corner of the box but saved by a goal line clearance.

Yowza and ChrisSSBB repped this.
  4. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Weah and McKennie on bench vs bologna who are taking juve to town , 2-0 early

starting to wish that Cowell to bologna thing would’ve happened

Bob Morocco repped this.
  5. gomichigan24

gomichigan24 Member+

Jul 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also just generally he doesn’t need to go to a team that will be battling relegation and where he won’t get goal scoring chances (like when he first went to Norwich and in Germany).

largegarlic repped this.
  6. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes exactly. Have to hope all these young players have learned and paid attention to those who improved their selves by picking teams they fit better with. Money may be less but overall happiness should improve with a good fit.

7. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juve rallied its 3-3 now. Weah came off bench at the half

Winoman repped this.
  8. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Venezia win 1-0 at Pinky Palermo. It represents a commanding lead for the Venetians, as they go home, where Palermo will have to be +2 in the 90 to reach the finals.

I'd say all Americans involved were OK.

9. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh crap I forgot about that one good eye thx

I’ll be rooting for Palermo to go up next year. This is not the year

10. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    Balogun’s per 90 attacking numbers ranks in Ligue 1:

9th - npxG+xA
    8th - npxG
    4th - xG+xA
    19th - npG
    16th - npG+A
    7th - Shots
    7th - SOT

11. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hoping Lunds is just a small tweak if not we might be playing Tolkien’s entrance music at left back with no Lund or Jones

12. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Lund is a scratch who the hell is number two get back with he and jones out? Tolkien?

13. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Weah's play in the attacking half improving with each game and his defense has been top notch throughout his short tenure at Juve (after taking out bench time while getting fit).

Weah probably has good interest in the market but I think Juve keep him. I wonder if Wes will be kept on with Allegri gone. Any news on who is expected to take over from Allegri?

14. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I don't see a problem with Leeds if they can keep summerville and the ghanaian/italian guy in the event they stay in ChampLeague. There's no need for Sarge to go to Prem before he's good and ready.

15. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    Thiago Motta has been the rumored candidate.

16. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Namdynamo repped this.
  17. KALM

KALM Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Boston/Providence
    Not a huge surprise here, but Hoffenheim have confirmed that John Brooks will be leaving the club when his contract expires next month.

18. Maximum Optimal

Maximum Optimal Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    Brooks' family is from Chicago and he apparently has a tattoo of a map of Chicago.

gomichigan24 repped this.
  19. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Map of Illinois on one elbow and map of Berlin on the other.
    [​IMG]

Maximum Optimal and gomichigan24 repped this.
  20. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I heard that bur figured it was just Juve's wish list talking. Would Motta leave Bologna just when he got them to UCL? I guess he could be offered a boatload of money. Is Conte a candidate? He would be good for Weah, you'd think.

21. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    If ever there was a club that needs a Brooks presence on free kicks and corners, it's LA Galaxy. Also they are dropping Puig deep to pick up balls which is hampering them - their 6 doesn't seem able to find their 8 but loves the 10 - and Brooks would solve a lot of that problem as well. I suppose some would say that it would involve 3 cb's which I would agree with and convincing stubborn Vanney of that is hard because he thinks that it hurts the offense because he has to take an offensive player off to make room for the cb (SMH). I wonder how much it hurts the offense to give up a goal on a corner (LA leads the league in that) then watch as the other team bunkers. Does that hurt the offense, duh?Does it hurt the offense to put big John Brooks in the attacking box on corners and free kicks, duh? When was Vanney winning? When he played with Gio and Jozy as two man attack, duh. MattDoyle :geek: kept saying they needed to play 3atb last year and finally gave up this year.

End rant, hope it was for a good cause because Brooks just seems to find trouble staying with teams.

22. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Weah
    "good leg but little verve" in my AI translation.

I actually saw a little of the Italian style in Weah's game sneaking in - albeit ever so carefully as is his custom in all things. The upward trajectory has me believing he'll be with the club next year but you never can tell when a new manager is on the way.

23. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hull city interested in Reynolds. They finished just outside playoffs this season and feels like they hsve a strong squad

24. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #7199 OWN(yewu)ED, May 21, 2024
    Last edited: May 21, 2024
    Catamzero vs cremonese……. Not sure who I want. Both were tough games for us. Catanzaro seens more stout defensively but less potent offensively. Think I want them but barely. Both will be tough opponents

wouldn’t object to a few red cards either way to key players though, especially those catanzero defebders.

cremonese seem to get the hint……. They’re letting catanzero attack. They seem to see that as the lesser threat, and hitting catanzero in the counter. Would love to grab a couple of their defenders if we go up they seem to get it.

25. Maximum Optimal

Maximum Optimal Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    Would be a good move for him. They've moved up the table each year since being promoted in 2021.

gomichigan24 and OWN(yewu)ED repped this.