Yanks abroad 2023-2024 thread

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by OWN(yewu)ED, Jun 3, 2023.

1. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    With one year left on his deal Juve are not going to get €20m plus if clubs rate him at €25m.

gomichigan24 repped this.
  2. Maximum Optimal

Maximum Optimal Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    LDLT makes his return from injury, entering in 77th minute. Celta Vigo up 4-1 against Las Palmas.

RunthePoint and OWN(yewu)ED repped this.
  3. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Le pagelle di Cagliari-Juventus 2-2

Le pagelle di Cagliari-Juventus 2-2 · PRATI dal 46' voto 6 · DEIOLA dal 69' voto 5,5 · VIOLA dal 78' SV · ZAPPA dal 78' SV · WIETESKA dall'87' SV ...

[​IMG]

• WEAH voto 5
    SUBENTRATO JUVENTUS
    • MCKENNIE dal 69' voto 6

RunthePoint repped this.
  4. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    priceless three points. That’s gonna go a long way to safety

5. Maximum Optimal

Maximum Optimal Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    Wolfsburg took care of business against Bochum 1-0, easing their relegation worries. Paredes came on in the 65th minute.

FTGOTC, RunthePoint and OWN(yewu)ED repped this.
  6. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Venezia up 2-1 on Lecco. Busio gets the second goal. Unfortunately como are getting hot and just trounced their competition 5-2. As such Venezia need this W just to keep pace

forest related news, Luton surprisingly got trounced at home by Brentford 4-0 that’ll help. Unfortunately burnley bagged a big result against Sheffield United and are starting to get some fire in their bellies. It is just Sheffield United, and their next three games are very tough. Last game of season between burnley and forest could be big

Bajoro, falvo and Maximum Optimal repped this.
  7. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    Trusty got cooked on Burnley’s 3rd.

Scally assist as a sub on BMG’s 2nd. Brooks turned the ball over in Hoff’s third which led to the corner on the 3rd.

edcrocker repped this.
  8. Maximum Optimal

Maximum Optimal Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    I expect Busio, Tessmann and Lund to be in Top 5 leagues next season, regardless of whether their current clubs get promoted.

Yow, McKenzie and Reynolds have a good chance of moving to bigger leagues as well.

9. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are going to have to heavily entertain starting horvath soon just in principle

FTGOTC repped this.
  10. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ceremonese is dropping off the page in serie B. Lord gives lord takes . They’re 4 points and GD back now

Venezia have some huge fixtures coming up though including ceremonese next week and 4th place catanzaro right after

11. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aaronson starting against Munich

FTGOTC and NietzscheIsDead repped this.
  12. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

The Serie B or the campionato cadetto is a very difficult circuit to play in

I recall living in Italy and watching their games and they were always very competitive.

The clubs didn’t have a lot of money, nor did they field great, national team foreign or domestic guys but they did have a lot of older experienced as well as many younger, up and coming aspiring players.

It wasn’t uncommon to see teams dropping from the Serie A all the way down to the Serie C or vice versa in successive seasons.

I recall when Juventus was in Serie B and even though they won it easily, teams played them tough.

That was a while ago but at the time, their team had players who just appeared in a World Cup Final like Gianluigi Buffon, David Trezeguet, Mauro Camoranesi and Alessandro Del Piero.

They also had an older Pavel Nedved and a young Giorgio Chiellini.

Juventus ended losing only 4 games but ten of their matches were only won by a scoreline of 1-0.

This just shows you what kind of competition teams faced on a weekly basis,

Bajoro, RunthePoint and OWN(yewu)ED repped this.
  13. Maximum Optimal

Maximum Optimal Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    that's their DNA kicking in

Bajoro, FTGOTC and RunthePoint repped this.
  14. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Johnny futbol and betis playing big Europa six pointer against Valencia currently up 1-0

FTGOTC and RunthePoint repped this.
  15. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    Horvath with a MOTM performance against Southampton.
    Scally with an assist
    Busio with a goal
    Sargent with an assist.
    Maloney suffered a shoulder injury.

16. Maximum Optimal

Maximum Optimal Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    Maloney (and Heidenheim) are not getting the recognition they deserve around here.

17. jaykoz3

jaykoz3 Member+

Dec 25, 2010
    Conshohocken, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Kirium, Namdynamo, tomásbernal and 4 others repped this.
  18. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I could see Turner in goal for Berlin. His long passes would suit their style.

19. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think VAR might have had something to say about that.

20. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reports from the best league in the world, the Bundesliga:

- There's nothing a player in world football enjoys more than Kevin Paredes helping kill off the game. Sees out the Wolfsburg win by scrapping & holding the ball in the corner the last several minutes, while screaming to the crowd in-between. Wolfsburg climb up to more safety.

- Brenden Aaronson got another start and finish, in a harsh 5-1 defeat by mighty Bayern. The score didn't reflect how the game played out, but Wolfsburg had lapses, & Bayern were ruthless. I think BA played pretty well yet again, but no big moments, & associated w/ another l sadly. Union are back to only 3 pts above the playoff.

P.S.: Happy 420. Smoke if it's legal..or regardless.

Yowza repped this.
  21. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    #6571 IndividualEleven, Apr 20, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2024
    Griffin Yow(RM in 442) and Westerlo get the Conference League Playoffs win over Liege. 8 goals and 7 assists in 1800 minutes. Do we start to talk about him as a candidate for the Copa?

1 goal
    1 assist
    2 key passes
    5/11 duels
    5 tackles

Fotmob(8.3)MOTM

Weeklywages repped this.
  22. jaykoz3

jaykoz3 Member+

Dec 25, 2010
    Conshohocken, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Kirium, FTGOTC, porkrind and 4 others repped this.
  23. Klay Thompson

Klay Thompson Member

Burnley FC, Barcelona, Lazio, PSV Eindhoven, Pumas UNAM, Atlanta United
    Apr 8, 2024

I agree, Serie A is in my opinion the most fun league out of the big 5 because it could go so many different ways, and that was proved last year with the Napoli title. (also, don't forget my Lazio on second tier). I don't necessarily feel as though they have the most "good" teams compared to each other, but when you ask me how many teams could realistically win a title in the next 5 years in those 5 leagues, Italy probably has the most.

Plus, I feel like Italy always gets a surprise team to grab a CL spot or close to one, this year Bologna

Bajoro, FTGOTC and rashaverak1961 repped this.
  24. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Rocking the Olympics could be better for everybody. Seeing him v. peers on world stage would lift his profile in the market.

25. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Paredes is incredibly good defensively and just needs more reps on offense. He's fantastic off the ball offensively and just has to get more fluid on the ball. He'll get there. Weird that our best defender is going to Olympics instead of Copa but I'm fine with it seeing as we've got a ARob in Copa. Too bad Paredes is not as good defensively on the right (I believe, not sure) or he could have marked Mbappe in Paris.

Berlin had Brenden marking Davies and Brenden had his number per usual. Brenden seems to be able to mark guys anywhere on the pitch. It surprised me that Union would go after Bayern from the git-go. They were asking to get stomped and now their GD with Bochum just below them is just +2. Fortunately, worst case scenario is that Union end up in 16th which is the play off with a BL2 3rd place team in their 'soft' relegation system.