Yanks abroad 2023-2024 thread

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by OWN(yewu)ED, Jun 3, 2023.

1. Maximum Optimal

Maximum Optimal Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    Going by club play, Jedi is our most in-form player right now.

RalleeMonkey, FTGOTC and NietzscheIsDead repped this.
  2. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    Fulham are purring. Chelsea are coughing up a furr ball.

3. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    He'd be great backing up Gio on the left side of a 442. Or playing on the right. He'd also be a contender for a wide forward position.

4. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    F*** Chelsea!

Ever been chased around your own stadium?

jaykoz3 repped this.
  5. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Atalanta-Milan, le pagelle di CM: Pioli e Calabria, notte ...

FTGOTC and Winoman repped this.
  6. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    1733876889700184080 is not a valid tweet id

7. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    Indecision coming off the line is a killer for keepers. Turner, now Slonina.

8. TheHoustonHoyaFan

Oct 14, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Julian is having another very good season. He is thriving in the Nagbe role in a 3-4 X-X. Definitely in the best form of his career and Furth is being whispered as a dark horse promotion candidate much like 3 years ago.

RalleeMonkey repped this.
  9. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    He always suspected US Soccer. When Dest got the call he saw the writing on the wall and went with Mexico.

Araujo is stronger and faster than Dest. It was always going to be a matter of how committed he was to learning/playing the game which wasn't all that clear during his time with Galaxy.

10. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is BAD

11. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He still got a good rating, making 7 saves.

12. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I've heard more than one commentator say he's lucky to be playing with Ream because Ream sees his game so well he is able to cover for mistakes.

I think it's about how you play him but I bet Berhalter never changes and I bet AR makes exactly the same mistake in 2026 as he did v. Ndland in 2022.

Please quote that back to me when I'm proven wrong in 2026. I'd love that.

Bajoro repped this.
  13. TheHoustonHoyaFan

Oct 14, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ream has been out of the squad the last 2 matches and Fulham won both 5-0. Jedi has been brilliant in both.

14. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Don't conflate paragraphs 1 & 2 of my post.:thumbsup:. My main point is that I'm not sure Berhalter will understand how to get the most out of ARob.

b.t.w. fotmob says he went in for 5 tackles and lost 4, was dribbled by twice in Wham game which Fullham won by 5-0. Fullham may have been more than happy with AR slowing down WHam with attempted tackles that failed for all I know. (I didn't see the WHam game.) Depends how you play him. He sure has upped his offensive game.

15. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    From whom?

16. TheHoustonHoyaFan

Oct 14, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I watched the match, Jedi was very good. Fotmob uses OPTA data. Jedi made 5T but 4 were then recovered by the opposing team so it was not a turnover.

IMO, ARob has less area to cover when he is not paired with Ream.

17. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    Eupen gave up 3 goals against an xG of 2.99.

18. MuchoTakeItEasy

MuchoTakeItEasy Member+

LAFC
    United States
    May 16, 2015
    Land of the Free
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And how much xG was generated on the mistake?

19. Maximum Optimal

Maximum Optimal Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    I don't mind using the statistical aggregations when I haven't watched a match but this is a good example of why watching always beats the data. The data are pretty good btw. I will usually check them after I watch a match and I'd say less that a quarter of the time do they disagree with what my own eyes tell me about the players I focus on during a match.

20. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    That's possible but (cutting to the chase) I wonder if we shouldn't be playing 3 atb with Weah RWB and Arob LWB. i.o.w., make sure ARob doesn't have a lot of area to cover. It also might make sense to put Puli and Aaronson on left with ARob, building right and finishing left. Let Aaronson create the chances and let ARob finish them as opponent gets obsessed with Pulisic.

Too bad idiot Dest turned narcissus @ Trinidad or we might have seen more of Aaronson and ARob that side. If we use Scally at rcb instead of Dest rb, we could move a lcb over to let Arob get forward more. I'm guessing our soccer media and Berhalter and Dest will be too obsessed with "doing a lot of work" to rehabilitate Dest instead of actually playing football.

21. Maximum Optimal

Maximum Optimal Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    Dest is one of our best players and I want him in the lineup every match he is available.

RalleeMonkey, Zinkoff and Southern Man repped this.
  22. Maximum Optimal

Maximum Optimal Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    Same for McKennie.

RalleeMonkey, OWN(yewu)ED and Winoman repped this.
  23. grandinquisitor28

Feb 11, 2002
    Nevada
    I don't really care if a keeper does that once, especially for club and not in our shirt, but I do care if becomes a regular issue, like with Steffen. I haven't followed Slonina enough to know how often howlers have been a problem. It sounds more like he's been up and down this year more than anything, some great moments, and some real ----y games, and part of the problem has been that his club is so bad, he's not playing in normal game models with patterns that would be typical of what he would expect of an average league club. Some mentioned earlier in August that facing all these shots would be good, but I don't really agree. I think it's better to simply get experience playing in normal conditions with normal expectations. Not on a club so damn good you never see shots, and not on a club so bad that you're constantly under barrages like Timmy against Belgium in '14. Better to be on a solid enough mid table side. His stats don't look the greatest, but someone smarter can probably interpret it better than I can. Just looks like the save stats are 21st and 31st percentile respectively. He does score high in defensive actions, probably because he's constantly under siege 68th and 72nd percentile.

I hope he can move to a better club next season. I just don't think its great to get smashed every weak on a relegation competition side.

24. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    How many goals were given up in total?

25. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Google.