Yallop Town Hall

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by snkscore, Dec 15, 2013.

1. danimal60914

danimal60914 Member

May 15, 2013
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Packing up an office is hard.

bunge repped this.
  2. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You do know teams need depth right.

bunge repped this.
  3. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    People really do see to forget or not understand this.

One concern I have with losing Paladini is that there is no longer anyone pushing Alex for a starting spot. A team with 11 vets and 11 academy/home grown players isn't going to be successful.

goldclover and danimal60914 repped this.
  4. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Work on the starting 11 first, then work on the depth.

5. jjmarinacci

jjmarinacci Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Pennsylvania Dave and iron81 repped this.
  6. Y i S

Y i S New Member

Jan 17, 2013

7. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
  8. jjmarinacci

jjmarinacci Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    though from another thread in reference to Leon and CDLC, I think you make a great point that having an accurate assessment of what we know on the inside games within the Club is useful for conversations.

9. Seaside

Seaside Member

Oct 28, 2009
    #34 Seaside, Dec 16, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
    Sorry, how is he trolling? Klopas and Leon were dismissed on the same day in the same press release.

You said Klopas was fired before Leon, which is factually untrue. Why try to re-write history?

Meanwhile I suspect the wait on Petrei's dismissal was more down to letting Yallop do the firing than Andrew. Either way the old regime is completely gone and there is clarity on who is making the soccer decisions. Those are both extreme positives.

chiladd repped this.
  10. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    The press release from 10/30 also said that the coaching search started on 10/30. It's called "PR", or "BS".

From 10/31:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...-frank-yallop-next-head-coach-director-soccer

Does anyone really believe it's factually correct to say that in less than 24 hours the Fire began a search, identified and interviewed targets, selected one, agreed to terms and had a contract written up, signed, sealed and delivered?

Of course not. It's called "PR", or "BS".

Y i S, loonixxx and Chris M. repped this.
  11. jjmarinacci

jjmarinacci Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    In most organizations across of almost every possible types, the senior staff are always thinking about succession of key roles, whether that comes from someone leaving, being sacked, or even death.

Even sports clubs/teams do this, why is it surprising or PR or BS? It is actually a good sign that Andrew and his other top staff were thinking and planning ahead rather than being reactive. Opinion about the quality of decisions (two sacks, one hire) aside, planning ahead is a good thing.

Also, the Club's release doesn't state that search stared on 10/30. At his Town Hall, Yallop stated that his contact started a few months earlier. Perhaps it was Leon who was on the way regardless, not Klopas? I am not overly interested in the palace politics...outside behaviors and results please, on & off the field.

12. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    From the release on 10/30:

http://www.chicago-fire.com/news/20...operations-javier-leon-and-head-coach-frank-k

It does actually, which supports my point that the press release was simply BS, which is fine. And Yallop admitting he was under contract for a couple months is telling like I said. Klopas appears to have been pegged as the problem before Leon and Petrei, and that's kinda scary and telling.

I'm not saying this can't all work out. I do have high hopes. I'm just not going to pretend all is well in Fire-land because of some press releases. We still have a long way to go.

13. jjmarinacci

jjmarinacci Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Not sure from what cup you read the Club's tea leaves or who you share tea or other beverages, with but there's no public record where Andrew's thinking of both Leon and Klopas is clearly stated. Who's on first, what's on second ... not really a big deal to me in terms of the order for these two decisions. Perhaps it was an inspired two-fer-one decision, a double-barrel approach from the get-go.

To clarify, Yallop stated contact, not contract ...

14. Seaside

Seaside Member

Oct 28, 2009
    There you go trying to re-write history again... Yallop never said he was under contract, he said the contact had started... @jjmarinacci clearly says this in his post as well.

You're the one that accuses the Fire (and Hauptman) of never having a plan, yet when it appears he put a lot of thought into what was next and obviously had someone lined up if the season didn't end well, you shift the goal posts.

Andrew deserves kudos for having a quality candidate ready to go not even a week after the season ended. We all recognize you are close with Frank (how could we not at this point?) but please don't shift the argument out of reality (or just make shit up) when it suits you.

Hauptman's not perfect and he'll make mistakes in the future but I think he's thrown nothing but strikes over the last month or so.

Es Brennt and chiladd repped this.
  15. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sometimes, there are multiple problems and those problems are at multiple levels.

You can blame Andrew and his FO for a lot of things, but the way players came into the season out of shape, the reliance on players that were clearly in slumps and the general mismanagement of gameday and in-game tactics flass squarely on Franklin Klopas.

loonixxx and chiladd repped this.
  16. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    Thanks for the clarification. Same point though. Frank was on the way out before Leon which is scary.

17. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    It's not shifting goal posts. I was pretty clear months ago that I wanted a new TD to take over for Leon and to help guide our coach. That's obviously not what happened considering it took weeks to actually hire a TD after we signed Yallop.

What happened was the opposite of what I think should have happened and pretty much shows the plan was ass backwards. That doesn't mean it can't work out though.

You can deflect this to be about me as much as you want but I've been pretty clear. I said it months ago and I'll repeat that this happened backwards but if Klopas is collateral damage to finally getting things right so be it.

18. krolpolski

krolpolski Member+

This raises some questions that nobody has bothered to ask: When did Andrew start his search? Was it a month from the end of the season? A week? Did he run into Yallop at the airport three days before? It speaks to his management ability (and honor) as a supervisor and to our expectations as to how he does things and the way the club is run.

How extensive was the search, i.e., how many candidates did he interview? What were his list of qualifications for selecting a candidate? Once again, did Andrew meet Yallop somewhere in California one day and he made a good impression? Or did Andrew have a list of coaches and he conducted phone interviews with each before making his decision? In otherwords, was he rash or thorough?

19. I oveheard people talking about yallop coming to the fire while at the globe on 9/11, while watching the fire at tfc (1-1 draw, never forget)

bunge repped this.
  20. Salvatore Giuseppe

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago
    we had news that leon was back in Mexico City a good month or more before the end of the city. I think his fate was sealed well before the press release just like Klopas'

21. Seaside

Seaside Member

Oct 28, 2009
    It shows the plan was ass backwards to you. The structure is different from what you think it should be, it doesn't mean that it's wrong.

Leon was off to Mexico like a month before the season ended, it's pretty clear to me that he and Frank (and probably Petrei too) were all a package deal. One wasn't fired before the other. They went together.

I suspect we probably have some of the same sentiments about Klopas, namely that it's a shame that he's in the same boat with the other two clowns but there were plenty of games this year where his management was clearly called into question. The 5-2 loss in New York (when all you needed was a draw) probably just made Hauptman's decision that much easier in my book.

Basically, Klopas had plenty of chances this season to save his job while Leon and Petrei floundered. In the end, he came up overwhemingly short in the two biggest games of the season, he made his bed too.

I truly hope he doesn't go to Montreal because coaches there have a short lifespan than they do in at the Fire and of all the owners that are possibly crazier than Hauptman, Saputo has to be the one.

jjmarinacci repped this.
  22. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    Well, I mentioned it because you said I was moving the goal posts. The truth is, I've been logically consistent on the topic. You're right in that what I consider ass backwards might not be. That's just my opinion. It's consistent for me to say the plan is backwards though.

As for Leon, he was in Mexico a while before the end of the season but still moving from Mexico, to LA, to Chicago, etc. He was still commuting for better or worse and still expected to be here.

It may all still work out by the end of the season.

23. milicz

milicz Member+

Dec 2, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    When did the season end? Because I saw Javier (by pure chance) around Sept 29/30th in Chicago. He was a real nice guy from the few minutes I got to talk to him. Turns out nice guys can be lousy TD's.

24. sWo97

sWo97 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To me, this was Andrew aware of the Yallop/Vancouver situation and simply got in touch with him and said "we want you and heres the keys."

It's not like MLS has plenty of candidates ready at any given time. If you want to give a young inexperienced MLS ready coach a chance, thats great and i support that. I think Andrew wanted the guy who can win now but still make the Fire better for the future.

Bradley was a long shot and not available, yet.

He also needed someone in asap to hype up next season and get on with the contracts and waivers.

bunge repped this.
  25. chiladd

chiladd Member+

Mar 21, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    not to mention Yallop was on the short list for 4 or 5 other clubs-those guys kicked tires and day dreamed-the Fire were ready with a plan.Frank went into this season on the hotseat and he failed at getting out of it.He likely knew he wouldnt be retained by late July or August.