Yale alumni trying out in Sweden

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by Dandal, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Dandal

Dandal Member

Jul 20, 2002
    Sweden
    Club:
    --other--
    It seems like three players, gk Sarah Walker, mf Maureen Metzger and df Lindsay Demaree, that played for Yale University 2001-2004 is in Sweden and are trying out for premier division side Hammarby. Metzger and Demaree seems to have played one half each in a 0-0 training match against Pia Sundhage coached KIF Örebro this weekend.

I've checked their stats at Yale's website, but it doesn't really help me much, since I know very litttle of US college soccer. Is Yale any good? At soccer, that is. I know they're pretty good at some more academic stuff. Could somebody with more insight give me an assessment of these players??

2. Skoergal

Skoergal Member

Feb 19, 2004
    California
    Metzger is central defender/center mid type. good technical skill/distribution. Demaree is more of an outside player, good speed, physical. Walker is probably the best of the bunch. Had an outstanding summer last year with New England Mutiny, helping lead them to the WPSL finals, and had a great final year at Yale.

3. Will D

Will D New Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Hello,

I'm Lindsay Demaree's father. Do you know of any English websites that follow Hammarby DFF? I am hoping to follow her team but my Swedish is non existant.

Thank you in advance.

4. Dandal

Dandal Member

Jul 20, 2002
    Sweden
    Club:
    --other--
    Coincidentally, I just yesterday was trying to find a match report from Hammarby's Swedish Cup match earlier this week, and I found Maureen Metzger and Lindsay Demaree mentioned in an internet guestbook, Mo starting and playing 90 while Lindsay came on as a 2nd half substitute in the 4-1 win against lower division side Sätra IK.

I haven't seen any of these Yale players mentioned at all since their early spring trial, so am I right to assume that they've just returned to Sweden? So far they're not on Hammarby's squad list as it is published on their official website and I've seen no official statement on any signing, but Hammarby's press department is not the best in the league.

The only english news source when it comes to swedish women's football is probably my own. I keep an english language log of events in the swedish premier league Damallsvenskan at http://dandal.webblogg.se. Matches and current standings can be found at the Swedish Football Association's official website, http://www.svenskfotboll.se/Table.asp?TournamentId=27925.

5. Will D

Will D New Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    You are correct, the Yale players went back to school in March and graduated. They went back to Sweden about mid June.

I do appreciate your postings and if I make it to Sweden to see a game or two I would like to buy you dinner.

Will Demaree