Yakubu called up with Anichebe

Discussion in 'Everton' started by theshred, Nov 13, 2007.

1. theshred

theshred New Member

Nov 6, 2007
    Both called up for Nigeria for the match against Australia this week. I was hoping Yakubu's spat with their manager which has left him out of past matches would leave them in bad graces and us in good graces with only one striker heading to the African Nations Cup leaving us with 3 capable up top. Now with both of them looking to be gone it's Vaughn, Johnson and Mcfadden. Let's hope its 3 and out for Nigeria or Yakubu can run his mouth again and not get a call up. That would be a god send. This tournament is really starting to worry me. Yobo playing well and Victor doing amazing off the bench it's just such bad timing. Such is football. Half of Newcastle will be gone and Chelsea will be missing a few so it all evens out I guess.

2. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't wonder, since Berti Vogts was sitting on the main stand in Nuremberg last Thursday ... and might have been impressed. ;)

3. EvertonChris

EvertonChris New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Oh he was impressed.

4. Toffee²

Toffee² New Member

Sep 23, 2006
    Phoenix
    Anichebe's pulled out of the Nigeria squad
    The Echo thinks he wants to play for England now

5. theshred

theshred New Member

Nov 6, 2007
    looks like the yak is out as well with a thigh strain. so many players getting a rest this break. timmy not with australia, howard is with the us squad and faddy is with scotland. lescott played for england and philly sat the bench. i reckon we should be quite rested come sunderland, minus howard flying to and fro Johannesburg, though not quite sure how far that is away.

6. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    A well-deserved break for our boys.

7. Toffee²

Toffee² New Member

Sep 23, 2006
    Phoenix